Our Summer Transfer Business

Minhosa

We really, really need a good, commanding CB. Someone like Shawcross.

That's the only position i'm really worried about at the moment. Shawcross would be brilliant but i can imagine the fee would be high.

Someone in the Shawcross mould. Good in the air, strong, reads the game well. The kind of chap and smaller, faster CB like MYM could partner comfortably.

reminder man united was bottom 3 of the net spend graph for 2 years following the cronaldo transfer. depending on what you're trying to "prove" (insomuch as anything useful can be proven by these graphs) either net or gross is worthless

Now do the net.

I think a gross spend for 14/15 compared to previous seasons is valid as we can't unspend that money we've invested as a minimum so far.

The net spend will be more interesting to compare oncethe window closes if we dump Debuchy, Krul, Ben Arfa, Marveaux etc.  and after Jan if there are more comings anbd goings

As it stands though...

http://i60.tinypic.com/28ip1f8.jpg

£35m net spend in the last 4 years.

Why are you including Janmaat and Riviere but not Debuchy?

Because .com hasn't got a price for Debuchy on the front page which is what I've used to update.

Righto.  I wouldn't have used anything not confirmed but doesn't really matter I guess.

Now do the net.

:thup: :lol: Gross is an utter waste of time.

In terms of how much talent is being invested into the squad being put onto the pitch I'd say it's the most valuable statistic.

Spurs are £30m up on transfers in the last 4 years, NUFC are £30m down?  What does thast tell you anbouyt squad quality?  NUFC with a £60m bigger hole in their finances on transfers?

Nothing really, it might lead you to assume Newcastle have spent more and so have the better squad.

But knowing Spours have spent £160m gross on their squad and NUFC have spent less than half that tells you far more about the expected qualities of the respective squads.

Why are you including Janmaat and Riviere but not Debuchy?

Because .com hasn't got a price for Debuchy on the front page which is what I've used to update.

Righto.  I wouldn't have used anything not confirmed but doesn't really matter I guess.

As they're at the training ground holding up shirts and that I thought it was a pretty safe bet...and as I was interested in gross spending rather than net I had no call to add Debuchy to my data.

When asked for the net figure by someone I just took it from the data I had.

Now do the net.

In terms of how much talent is being invested into the squad being put onto the pitch I'd say it's the most valuable statistic.

Spurs are £30m up on transfers in the last 4 years, NUFC are £30m down?  What does thast tell you anbouyt squad quality?  NUFC with a £60m bigger hole in their finances on transfers?

Nothing really, it might lead you to assume Newcastle have spent more and so have the better squad.

But knowing Spours have spent £160m gross on their squad and NUFC have spent less than half that tells you far more about the expected qualities of the respective squads.

Why choose 4 years, HF?

Now do the net.

Why choose 4 years, HF?

Because we were in the championship 5 years ago and Spurs weren't.

10/11 we were in the PL.  2015 will be our 5th season in the premiership and you've only included 4.  Why not take it back to June 30th 2011 for completeness?

You go ahead.

I couldn't give a shit.

I've said what I found interesting and why.

We're still far weaker than we were when we started last season's farce. :lol:

We are one good ST away from getting in the top 7/8 in my opinion.

:lol: :lol:

You saying we can't over take Stoke and Southampton?