Our Summer Transfer Business

Minhosa

Midfield we're looking OK, the rest :anguish:

This. :thup:

Let's not kid ourselves either.

It really is only OK

It lacks balance but individually it's very good IMO.

The prospect of Tiote and Colback playing central midfield is poor imho

It really is only OK

The prospect of Tiote, Anita, cabella, sissoko and de Jong is quite appealing to me.

It really is only OK

The prospect of Tiote, Anita, cabella, sissoko and de Jong is quite appealing to me.

I'm not fan of Tiote mind and I don't think Colback has come here to sit on the bench.

Don't ajax play a 433 our of interest? How did de Jong fit into that?

curtis good is ready to step up now I think, i would like to see him get a chance to shine. We defiantly need more creativity and goals too, specifically direct play.

he probably is, but hes a cripple.

We were never gonna sign that many first team players. If we get in a replacement for Debuchy and at least one proper, first-choice striker (but really we need two) (and also keep Yanga) then it'll have been better than I expected. The defence is still poor but honestly that was never going to be a priority when we were so lacking in midfield creativity and totally bereft of striking options.

It's been a massively thin squad for the past two seasons though AND we've lost proven first team bodies. Is it that demanding to expect 7 replacements for 9ish first teamers leaving an already short squad?

9ish first teamers leaving?

Remy

HBA

Debuchy

Cabaye

Yanga

Marveaux

Jonas

Perch

Gosling

Shola

From a squad of 20dd, that's almost 40% turnover.

There's an argument to say we still needed to replace Ba too. We've also got a shit back up goalie too.

Under Ashley, we've always had a threadbare squad, I hoped we'd invest some cash this summer to right that wrong and give the charlatan even less of an excuse next season.

I'm not unhappy with the signings made so far, they are decent even if we have gone for the cheaper option rather than pay big money to get better. Cabella might be good but I'll bet Grenier is superior. The key signing was always going to be the striker though, and it looks like we will end up taking a punt with a cheaper option again in Riviere. I don't think that's enough or that it's going to get us any higher than where we finished last year considering the players we are losing, Remy, Debuchy and Cabaye.

It really is only OK

I'm not fan of Tiote mind and I don't think Colback has come here to sit on the bench.

Don't ajax play a 433 our of interest? How did de Jong fit into that?

Tiote as a defensive midfielder not being allowed to cross the line for 90% of the game is a very effective and solid player. I've no qualms seeing him start, and think he rose to the captaincy challenge a lot better than anyone expected. He could be the key to allowing the likes of de Jong and cabella focus on attacking, he's the one that actually give us any kind of balance ATM. Then there's Anita and sissoko who for me cause the unbalance, shame to think if hba wasn't out of favour we'd have a great midfield, top notch with one more wide man to replace Jonas/Marv.

Colback is a squad player all day long. Instead of doing it in a shithole on peanuts he's come to do it here for a lot more money.

If we had this many options in attack and defence we'd be in for a great season even with dipshit in charge.

As for Ajax setup, no idea, but interested to see if de Jong can bring another side to Anita's game.

It really is only OK

Tiote has never been the player under Pardew that he was under Hughton. He's very obviously limited now.

Anita, I think would look immense in a good team, often finds himself without an option in AP's side.

Cabella is a relative unknown. I hope he's not as lightweight as he looks and that he grafts enough for the arsehole to keep him in the side.

Sissoko has largely been shite under pardew for all his World Cup fanboys. Out of position with the first touch of a seventies TV Presenter.

De Jong. Watch this space.

Colback. Shit.

Doesn't strike me as all that encouraging.

I'm not unhappy with the signings made so far, they are decent even if we have gone for the cheaper option rather than pay big money to get better. Cabella might be good but I'll bet Grenier is superior. The key signing was always going to be the striker though, and it looks like we will end up taking a punt with a cheaper option again in Riviere. I don't think that's enough or that it's going to get us any higher than where we finished last year considering the players we are losing, Remy, Debuchy and Cabaye.

Grenier was the one I wanted all along. Far more than De Jong that's for sure.

I still have us down as majorly strugging next season.

Not a clue, I don't know anything about the players we've bought but I do know that most of the players we've lost, sold or frozen out from the squad that started last season are amongst our best and most talented ones. Cabaye, Remy, Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Marveaux...

What I do know is the manager is rubbish, and he's still here. If he can form a team out of this season's squad then we might finish top ten again, but most of the evidence so far suggests he's incapable of forming teams. And the club's transfer policies don't let him anyway.

curtis good is ready to step up now I think, i would like to see him get a chance to shine. We defiantly need more creativity and goals too, specifically direct play.

he probably is, but hes a cripple.

Only need a run of 20+ games to get a great fee for him ;) :D

The only signing I'm unhappy about so far is Colback. I'm more disappointed at the glee and gusto with which we sell our best players to the first interested party. It makes signing players completely irrelevant.

A better thread for after the Window closes.. Or that day maybe seeing as we never sign anyone on deadline day. Hard to tell less than a fortnight into the window..

If we are basing it on now then you would have to say we are doing bloody well.

Do we need more.. Yes. At least 4 more without anymore squad departures. If we sit here at the end of August without 4 more then we have failed horribly. We also need to replace anyone else we move on.

Regarding lack of rumours, I wouldn't say we have been dead silent. That said the club have actively and vocally tried to downplay speculation, rumours and have tried to keep their cases to their chests. So can't really get our knickers in a twist there, that is old old news.

We seem to have good momentum in the windo so far but are obviously doin our tedious best to get the best deals possible which makes things more frustrating.

Again ask me in September!

Guest optimistic nit

Not a clue, I don't know anything about the players we've bought but I do know that most of the players we've lost, sold or frozen out from the squad that started last season are amongst our best and most talented ones. Cabaye, Remy, Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Marveaux...

What I do know is the manager is rubbish, and he's still here. If he can form a team out of this season's squad then we might finish top ten again, but most of the evidence so far suggests he's incapable of forming teams. And the club's transfer policies don't let him anyway.

I didn't think Mbiwa or Debuchy were particularly good last season, and Marveaux has hardly played, so its only really Cabaye, Remy and Ben Arfa. Think we needed a bit of a shake up, but we could do with some players from other nations than france as I don't think having a large french squad with an english manager is a particularly good idea.

Not entirely sure what you were expecting...

Based on my expectations of this bunch of idiots I would say they've exceeded what I anticipated so far.

This. Pleased with what we've got so far but plenty more work to do, but with the morons in charge we'll doubtless be lacking in a few positions and have Dummett at centre half by September

4 signings so far is a damn sight better than fuck all for 18 months. Also De Jong and Cabella actually seem like type of players we want to have. The test is who they sell and what's left to come as still need 1 more striker, Right Back and potentially other positions.

Guest chopey

I'm very happy with the signings it's just the bloke that's gonna play them out of position that I don't like

We've signed three centre-mids and an unproven striker. Whilst losing our best striker and our best two defenders (assuming Mapou's away) and refuse to feature our best midfielder. It's kinda levelling out atm.