Our Summer Transfer Business

Minhosa

Hard to quibble about the players we've brought in, they seem pretty good. Got to give credit where it's due and we needed a raft of attacking players and they've come in - fair play they've ticked quite a few boxes in the last 6 weeks or so. :thup:

But I can, and will, quibble and moan about our complete lack of ambition when it comes to spending more of the cash available. We generally spend cash really we'll but we only ever spend whatever we bring in through transfers. 32.2m extra TV cash this season remains untouched. Not expecting Ashley to fund a spree from his own pocket but to refuse to sanction the spending of cash that's there, sitting doing nothing deserves nothing but criticism. We're financially stable, let's push on as much as possible.

Totally agree midds.

While I'm hopeful that Chucky will hit the ground running, there's no guarantees he will. Since I don't believe for one minute we'll be bringing in Remy as well, our forward options look good enough to get us to mid-table if we're lucky. Especially considering our central defence still has glaring weaknesses in it.

Hope there is some hope of remy coming in.

If not, my choice would be.

Krul

Jaanmart    Mbiwa  Colo      Santon

Tiote

Sissoko        De Jong          Cabella

Riv          Facundo

Was hoping for a centre half tbh.

We'd concede a considerable amount of goals and not get the best out of neither Cabella or De Jong with that formation.

I understand you thinking we would concede a lot of goals, but how would we not see the best of Cabella or De Jong? It looks perfect for them to me

This will be the side:

Krul

Janmaat      Saylor        Colo      Haidara

Colback      Tiote

Sissoko            de Jong            Cabella

Riviere

----------------krul-------------------

janmaat----willo----mbiwa----haidara

--------sissoko------anita------------

--------------de jong-----------------

cabella----------------------riviere----

-------------chucky-------------------

something like this for me as it gives you the option to switch players where you need to, i.e. cabella could take the de jong role, riviere the chucky role, tiote the anita role, ayoze the cabella role and so on....

No Saylor or Dummett? Starting roles for Big Vurn and MYM?

http://img.pandawhale.com/101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-GflM.gif

Guest neesy111

It would be nice if we showed some ambition, but having accepted that we never will, this window has been about as good as we could possibly expect.

:thup:

In kinda excited and apprehensive in equal measure about our new attacking options - and in absolutely no way convinced. Cisse, Riviere, Perez and Ferrerya - one shit striker and three strikers who are totally unproven in any league resembling something close to the PL. But it's three young strikers from different backgrounds with different potential attributes. Like I say, intriguing but also a tad frightening, especially given the woeful manager.

As for our signature signings, Cabella and De Jong as additions to the midfield are proven quality in top flight football, albeit not England. Colback was a needless signing but reasonable enough as squad-filler signings go. Disappointing for Bigi and Abeid.

Janmaat seems a fair attempt at replacing Debuchy but I'd still so rather have the latter.

I still think we need a centre-back and a proven striker. We've still made no investment, simply replaced those who've needed replacing with money made from sales. I'm not surprised that we've signed a few players, like. Squad management has been so neglected over the last few years, with more outgoings this summer on top, we simply had to sign a few, just to stand still.

I applaud the manner in which we've acquired our targets. Of course, though, it makes a total mockery of Pardew saying how difficult transfer windows are. Bullshit. And I haven't a fucking clue how he's going to line-up. The squad is still imbalanced and I expect another season of shoe-horning. Perez, for example, will probably not play once as as CF.

Clearly centerback is the gaping hole now, so hopefully it will be addressed.

Seriously doubt we'll go after another striker given that we'll probably only play one alongside De Jong up top, and we have four options + whatever miniscule game time Armstrong or Campbell get.

"proven" strikers are expensive and unfortunately most of them are too ambitious or too expensive for us. I'm reasonably happy that we've made some low-risk high-return investments instead.

Riviere is a striker with good numbers who wasn't a focal point for his team and didn't get a lot of minutes. He may relish being the main man and grow into the role.

Ferreya has a fine record in lesser leagues. He may be able to transfer that to the Prem.

Perez is a young player who seems on the verge of a breakout season.

There's no guarantee that any one of them will work out, but it's probably more likely than not that at least one of them does. We have options, and in the absence of a sure thing, options is the best you can ask for.

GKs: Krul, Elliott, Alnwick

RBs: Janmaat, Raylor, (Santon), (Anita)

CBs: Coloccini, Saylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Williamson, (Satka), (Streete), (Good)

LBs: Santon, Haidara, Dummett

CMs/AMs: De Jong, Cabella, Gouffran, Sissoko, Tiote, Anita, Colback, Abeid, Bigirimana, Vuckic

Wingers: Sammy, Obertan, (Gouffran), (Sissoko). Fucking no one, basically, yet we always play with in a style that needs at least one orthodox winger.

CFs: Cisse, Riviere, Perez, Ferrerya, (Gouffran)

Again, like many seasons under this regime, several quality players that will definitely ensure that we survive. But a squad that is imbalanced, inexperienced, and cobbled together via a transfer policy built on opportunism and financial suitability, as opposed to a footballing design.

Aarons is a winger and seems to have moved ahead of a few on that list in terms of flavour of the month youngster.

But yeah, our total lack of wingers considering we have hoof-and-cross Pardew as manager is a bit of a hindrance.

Defence is so utterly meh after Debuchy's departure.

Colo, Willo and Saylor are all inconsistent, but I'd say each have more bad games than good.

Santon and Dummett are rubbish.

Jury's out on Janmaat, Haidara and Yanga-Mbiwa.

Guest palnese

Get Obertan and Ben Arfa out the door and we're pretty much done, I think. I'll be very surprised if we sign anyone else, unless someone leaves.

Guest chopey

I still think this squad bears no resemblance whatsoever to the perfect pardew squad, he has been given this squad by Ashley and Carr and with a bit of luck will not have a clue what to do with it which means we can bring Laudrup

While I'm hopeful that Chucky will hit the ground running, there's no guarantees he will. Since I don't believe for one minute we'll be bringing in Remy as well, our forward options look good enough to get us to mid-table if we're lucky. Especially considering our central defence still has glaring weaknesses in it.

Hope there is some hope of remy coming in.

If not, my choice would be.

Krul

Jaanmart    Mbiwa  Colo      Santon

Tiote

Sissoko        De Jong          Cabella

Riv          Facundo

Was hoping for a centre half tbh.

We'd concede a considerable amount of goals and not get the best out of neither Cabella or De Jong with that formation.

I understand you thinking we would concede a lot of goals, but how would we not see the best of Cabella or De Jong? It looks perfect for them to me

It would give them far more defensive responsibility than they should have. Playing Cabella on the left and de Jong in basically a 4-4-2 is a suicide formation imo.

This will be the side:

Krul

Colback      Tiote

Riviere

I see Pardew opting for Willo over Saylor, but yeah that's more the way I expect us to play as well.

This will be the side:

Krul

Colback      Tiote

Riviere

I see Pardew opting for Willo over Saylor, but yeah that's more the way I expect us to play as well.

Agree. But I also surely expect Pardew to somehow squeeze Gouffran into that lineup. I'm fine with that as long Gouff gets chances up top, not on the wings and surely not behind a striker.

Guest ElCid

So basically people are currently wanking themselves silly, when in reality not 1 penny has actually been spent. I say it is a good summer when actual money and ambition are put into the club - less than 31 days to go we will see but I don't think there will be.

A classy striker and creative CM and a strong CB THEN we could call this a very good window (HBA back as well). At the moment we're standing still at best.

Wont happen though...