Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

He's good until he gets the ball.

Would that that were true. He's got very poor mobility, cannot read the game at all. Even at the £2m we paid for him, we've been sold an enormous pup. He looks like a £200,000 player.

Always looked bright and energetic in the limited games I've seen him playing at SJP, didn't take a genius to work out this was liable to be a p*ss poor signing like. Berbatov was ahead of him at ASM.

My mistake for lack of clarity - by poor mobility, I mean he runs about a fair bit, but into the wrong areas, and there's not even the merest hint of a 'football brain' there.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever on here said there was probably a list of 10-15 Ligue 1 strikers provided by Carr and he was the cheapest option is spot on I reckon.

If he was really £6 million, somebody needs sacked. He's the French Leon Best.

Bit of a disservice to Best, he was canny and chipped in with enough goals. I wouldn't mind him back if he performed like he did as a 3rd choice or something.

I cannot say either way about this lad, but with everything that goes on at this club i'm not suprised some players just never achieve.

In the past players like Andy Obrian and Nikos Dabizzas (sp) where rubbish players but played well above there level due to good management.

This players have been un coached for a while now

• 1 month later...