Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

In his defense, we have had players that have looked like utter calamities for up to a full season and turned out to be alright.

That said, we have had many more players that have looked like utter calamities and actually were utter calamities.

• 2 weeks later...

Email conversation between myself and a French journalist friend of mine who works for France Football and others.

Tells me that NUFC paid Monaco €2.5m (£1.95m) for the dubious services of Riviere. That's still ten times what he looks to be worth, but the £6.5m figure the club released is yet another lie. The Cabella fee quoted by the club was also more than double what we actually paid for him.

So our net spend in the summer wasn't just zero, it was significantly less than zero.

Quelle Surprise.

Email conversation between myself and a French journalist friend of mine who works for France Football and others.

Tells me that NUFC paid Monaco €2.5m (£1.95m) for the dubious services of Riviere. That's still ten times what he looks to be worth, but the £6.5m figure the club released is yet another lie. The Cabella fee quoted by the club was also more than double what we actually paid for him.

So our net spend in the summer wasn't just zero, it was significantly less than zero.

Quelle Surprise.

Are the figures quoted total fees including all potential add ons

Quelle Surprise.

Are the figures quoted total fees including all potential add ons

Not sure about the Cabella figure (though where you'd work £7m of add-ons into that deal is a mystery) but the Riviere figure is a one-off payment, thanks for doing business, cheerio.

Monaco must be pissing themselves at getting even £2m for him. There's better strikers at Hibs and Hearts (both 2nd tier teams, of course) that cost nowt.

I have heard before that the club said that the Cabella fee was a lot less than reported in the press but then you probably also have Montpelier wanting their fans to think they got a bigger fee for him that they did.

I have heard before that the club said that the Cabella fee was a lot less than reported in the press but then you probably also have Montpelier wanting their fans to think they got a bigger fee for him that they did.

I think NUFC's motivation for massively inflating transfer fees is significantly stronger. Plus they have countless previous for lying. It's like Bendy Wendy is on a sponsored lie or something.

I thought we didn't release any transfer fees? Plus the lascelles and darlow deals put us over the break even for cabaye and debuchy (assuming cabella 12 and rivière 6)

If the club don't release fees, then how would we know how much we spent in the summer?

I thought we didn't release any transfer fees? Plus the lascelles and darlow deals put us over the break even for cabaye and debuchy (assuming cabella 12 and rivière 6)

If the club don't release fees, then how would we know how much we spent in the summer?

The press speculate but the club don't actually say.

I don't think rivière is as bad as people are making out, I haven't give up on him yet.

He had a decent game against Burnley but totally devoid of a goal threat.

He makes decent runs down the channels, creates space and creates chances for people but he isn't a goalscorer.

I don't think rivière is as bad as people are making out, I haven't give up on him yet.

He had a decent game against Burnley but totally devoid of a goal threat.

He makes decent runs down the channels, creates space and creates chances for people but he isn't a goalscorer.

His goal against palace showed quality too, whether he can do it regularly is another thing. Will be interested to see how he gets on if we can start creating a bit more.

He's a confidence player and I think he's demonstrated that thus far.

I think he's got decent physical attributes personally and can do a job for us just not as our main striker, and given Ayoze's rise most likely coming off the bench.

I think he's got decent physical attributes personally and can do a job for us just not as our main striker, and given Ayoze's rise most likely coming off the bench.

Perez will be off soon so we'll get to see if you're right.

Personally, I think he looks utter gash.

Perez will be off soon so we'll get to see if you're right.

Personally, I think he looks utter gash.

Me too - seen nowt at all so far and his record in France would tend to back that up.

He's good until he gets the ball.

Would that that were true. He's got very poor mobility, cannot read the game at all. Even at the £2m we paid for him, we've been sold an enormous pup. He looks like a £200,000 player.

Always looked bright and energetic in the limited games I've seen him playing at SJP, didn't take a genius to work out this was liable to be a piss poor signing like. Berbatov was ahead of him at ASM.