Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 - Svein best coach in da league

LRD

Having trouble deciding between Schurrle, Navas, Mirallas, and Tadic at £7.5m. I'd go with Schurrle if he were guaranteed to start, but he's not. Same with Navas. Mirallas and Tadic will probably both get a lot of playing time, but Mirallas was underwhelming from a fantasy pov and Tadic is unproven.

Edit: Mirallas was 8th highest scoring midfielder, higher than I thought. Guess I'll stick with him unless someone better emerges.

Currently on:

Mannone, Krul

Debuchy, Trippier, Vlaar, Cameron, Chester

Sanchez, Hazard, Mata, Shelvey, Bannan

Austin, Costa, Rooney

Aiming for cheap and cheerful rotating defenders until team value improves and bigger players reduce in price. Probably going to change Trippier to someone else from Swansea or maybe Spurs/QPR until Burnley's good fixtures come around. Cheapest midfielder also has a few different options, and I'm torn between going for Rooney & Costa or RVP & Dzeko.

Guest chopey

I did my ultimate today and I found it easier to auto puck the team and then make adjustments from there, my whole defense stayed as picked by the system

Here's what I've gone for (about the 5th re-draft) - I've tried to justify my side to make myself feel better:

GK

Foster - At £4.5m, given WBA's opening games this seems like a good idea

Krul - When Foster has slightly tricky games, Krul's look a bit easier.

Also considered - Mannone/Pantillimon in the same budget, but don't know who will be number 1. Also Guzan but Villa aren't the best and weeks 4,5 & 6 look painful. Considered de Gea (£5.5m) plus somebody at £4m who will likely never play but de Gea will play most games barring injury. I like my keepers to get save points though, and I'd rather not have no sub keeper.

DF

Filipe Luis - Cheapest Chelsea defender along with Azpilicueta at £6m, but who will get the full back roles? Is he a rotation risk? Ideally need to upgrade to Cahill.

Debuchy - Safe choice, should get some decent attacking points.

Evans - Seems the most likely to play at centre half if fit, would be sacrificed if I use the de Gea option above.

Dann - Pulis loves a clean sheet and their first 3 home games suggest it's on the cards

Chambers - Cheap and cheerful at £4.5m, Southampton's start (GW1 aside) looks points-laden.

Also considered - Cameron from Stoke at £4.5m with nice home games but will he play? Lescott/McAuley from WBA also like a goal but would mean replacing Foster. Vlaar at £4.5m will be a steal if he moves somewhere competent whilst Davies going to Spurs makes him viable at £5m

MF

Ramsey - Cheaper than Alexis and hopefully picks up where he left off.

Hazard - Chief pen taker now Lampard has gone, hopefully he patches up his differences with Mourinho

Mata - Man Utd's start means you need to capitalise

Odemwingie - Finished last season in good form but at £6.5m might be sacrificed, though Stoke's opening games are decent GW3 aside

Ward-Prowse - See Chambers

Also considered: Every bugger else! Could do Yaya for Hazard and Fabregas for Ramsey or any number of similar alternatives. De Jong at £7m is tempting but happy to invoke sods law and not pick him

FW

Rooney - Similar to why I included Mata, great opening fixtures for Roonpig

Dzeko - With Negredo out for 2 months I've opted for Dzeko, needed a Man City presence

Long - Hull have a decent start and with only £6m to play with, here we are.

Also considered: Remy at £7.5m but Liverpool have bought the world and I need to see where they play him. Liverpool's start isn't that enticing with tricky GW2 and GW3 so might see if people panic and sell him and his price comes down more. Keen to see where Bony ends up too. In terms of budget options, Steven Fletcher is £5.5m and if he's up for it he can be a threat

10 people who have indicated their interest in paid FPL version as it stands (see OP). We need more people in if we genuinely want to start one.

Good read, Ketsbaia and Ashley. :thup:

Guest chopey

10 people who have indicated their interest in paid FPL version as it stands (see OP). We need more people in if we genuinely want to start one.

will 10 not be a good start for a league ?

will 10 not be a good start for a league ?

I dunno. It all depends on whether those interested are fine with a £20 pot (assuming £2 per entry). Maybe winner takes all instead of a divided pot for top three. TaylorJ might have set the bar too high with his WC FF. :lol:

Let me know. :thup:

Howard (Myhill)

Debuchy Shaw Demichelis (Bruce, Upson)

Mata Siggy Hazard De Jong Sanchez

Rooney Remy (Zamora)

Been changing it every day but going to leave it until a few days before it all kicks off.

I've gone for Giroud-Rooney-Dzeko upfront, quite happy with that. I think Aguero at 12mil is such a risk in the first few fixtures, with the WC and his recent injury record, I reckon Pellegrini will opt to ease him in slowly.

Anyway, for the first time in many a year I am reasonably happy with my initial squad to date. Not convinced about Albrighton (4.5) or that Targett (4.0) will be an automatic choice for LB come the start of the season. If Steven Taylor (4.0) looks likely to start ahead of Williamson I will probably pick him for my bench.

Slightly worried about leaving Sanchez out as well.

Green, Kompany, Debuchy, Shaw, Delph, De Jong, Hazard, Yaya Toure, Bojan, Costa, Lukaku (will swap for Giroud if he stays at Chelsea)

Krul, Coloccini, Vlaar, Sigurdsson