Sydney FC 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/07/14

Newcastle Fan

Full match has been uploaded on youtube

Thanks, just watched the bulk of that, here are my brief opinions..

colback was solid and always wanting the ball, taking the majority of set pieces.

aarons was very promising, making some lovely runs down the wing and always taking people on.

siem is going to be a key player for us this season, he looks the real deal.

ayoze showed flashes of real quality in the time he had, this guy should definitely be seeing some 1st team bench time this season. still early of course, so we'll see.

riviere was good and had some very good movement, I think he'll do well for us.

mbiwa was pretty class and I hope to god he stays with us, he'll be very important for us when we get injuries but of course no-one knows if he'll stay or go.

haidara was good and always looking to bomb forward and help create something

anita was very good, tidy and played some lovely touches throughout.

this is all from players who were jetlagged and suffering from weird sleep patterns, so overall, onwards and upwards hopefully :)

What pisses me off is that we have an immense scouting team, possibly the best in the land. If we got some cunt in with a clue and saw real progression we would challenge the top 6, but well do enough for the king not to get sacked we will finish probably 9th and our better players will either be exiled by the king or become disillusioned.

Just seen the game. I suppose we have to make allowances for jet lag, players getting used to one another, a clear instruction to pull out of tackles etc

But - I didn't think Sydney were all that bad. They passed the ball much better than us and were more confident in possession. They just didn't cut the mustard at both ends of the pitch.

Colback's was the only performance that encouraged me. There was nothing spectacular, but he moved the ball on quickly and (usually) with positive intent. Before he received the ball, he seemed to know what was going on around him, and knew what he was going to try and do. If we're going to try and achieve any fluency this season, he'll have a big input.

Back from TOONedin and off to WellingTOON tomorrow, after we were 3-0 up the game became a bit of a training run for us but some steady performances for a number of the lads and a smart bit of interplay from the Adams for the fourth - looks promising but the pardew factor is still there...urgh!

What pisses me off is that we have an immense scouting team, possibly the best in the land. If we got some c*** in with a clue and saw real progression we would challenge the top 6, but well do enough for the king not to get sacked we will finish probably 9th and our better players will either be exiled by the king or become disillusioned.

This sums up the whole problem at the club....just one other factor left out of course..