Sydney FC 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/07/14

Newcastle Fan

These are dire but it's good to see the new boys put away their chances, simple as they were. Would be immense if Aarons could step up this season. Looks promising.

Unfortunately Pardew will do the safe thing and put Cabella left, when he should leave Aarons left and put Cabella right and leave out Gouff..

Shush! Let's just forget about him and dip our toes in a shallow puddle of hope for a few minutes.

Guest bimpy474

And Pardew wants to sell him. FFFSSSS.

And something i don't get, why not play him CB today seeing as he's not played that much there under Pardew, and Pardew doubts him as a CB, i mean it's a friendly ffs.

Sydney are f***ing s****.

They really are like.

They have only jsut started their preseason as well. But they are truly garbage. Would have been better coming up against Brisbane, Western Sydney  or Melbourne Victory.

What's the other team we're playing like ?

As bad, maybe worse.

Ah right  O0, are the better sides playing other overseas teams as their pre season games or did we just pick easier ones to play.

Malaga are playing Perth and Adelaide. Brisbane ( actually a very good side) were supposed to play in this tournament but opted out. But, I think most clubs are more focused on building their preseasons than glamour friendlies. Western Sydney have Asian Champions League quater finals next week.

Guest bimpy474

These are dire but it's good to see the new boys put away their chances, simple as they were. Would be immense if Aarons could step up this season. Looks promising.

Unfortunately Pardew will do the safe thing and put Cabella left, when he should leave Aarons left and put Cabella right and leave out Gouff..

Shush! Let's just forget about him and dip our toes in a shallow puddle of hope for a few minutes.

I shall, De Jong looks absolute class.

And something i don't get, why not play him CB today seeing as he's not played that much there under Pardew, and Pardew doubts him as a CB, i mean it's a friendly ffs.

This is Pardew, you would have thought that you would put Taylor in at RB since he is capable of being put in there.

Guest bimpy474

They really are like.

They have only jsut started their preseason as well. But they are truly garbage. Would have been better coming up against Brisbane, Western Sydney  or Melbourne Victory.

As bad, maybe worse.

Ah right  O0, are the better sides playing other overseas teams as their pre season games or did we just pick easier ones to play.

Malaga are playing Perth and Adelaide. Brisbane ( actually a very good side) were supposed to play in this tournament but opted out. But, I think most clubs are more focused on building their preseasons than glamour friendlies. Western Sydney have Asian Champions League quater finals next week.

Ah i see, safe to say Sydney are not one of the best Aussie sides :lol:

Guest bimpy474

This is Pardew, you would have thought that you would put Taylor in at RB since he is capable of being put in there.

Exactly, i don't get why not. It's as if Pardew's afraid to try stuff. We only played 5 at the back at Liverpool to be more defensive, that's about the only different thing he's done for two years.

They really are like.

As bad, maybe worse.

Ah i see, safe to Sydney are not one of the best Aussie sides :lol:

Been fairly rubbish for a few years. But the new coach is quite decent. They did cop some big losses last year. If you get a chance youtube the sydney derby. The atmoshpere is electric for those games.

Guest bimpy474

Number is Riviere wearing?

Wonder what that means for Vuckic, as that's his number usually.

He's wearing Shola's number 23.

Exactly, i don't get why not. It's as if Pardew's afraid to try stuff. We only played 5 at the back at Liverpool to be more defensive, that's about the only different thing he's done for two years.

The only thing Pardew has changed tactically in two years is that he went even more defensive against a team who needed to win in order to win the league in their final game of the season against us.  :lol:

How could that go wrong?

Guest bimpy474

Number is Riviere wearing?

Wonder what that means for Vuckic, as that's his number usually.

He's wearing Shola's number 23.

Da fuk, it hasn't been retired?

Aye, proper legend :lol:

Guest bimpy474

The only thing Pardew has changed tactically in two years is that he went even more defensive against a team who needed to win in order to win the league in their final game of the season against us.  :lol:

How could that go wrong?

:lol: he's such a giimp

I know it's only HT and he has scored but I'm not convinced by Riviere's performance. A lot of his touches seems to be heavy, and he looks to be going backwards more often than direct at goal. For the first goal I can't help but think that a more confident forward would have taken a turn and took the shot himself instead of passing it back for De Jong.

Anita, Aaron's, and Colback have been fairly good in the first half though.