Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Think he's different to Sterling tbh, Sterling always looked more comfortable through the middle where as Aarons genuinely does look like a proper winger. I understand the similarities though obviously.

Aye :thup:

I honestly think this year is gunna be his "fuckin hell" season. Upside to that is we get to see a genuinely top player emerge from the youth system, downside is by Xmas you can bet your arse that the media will be pushing him to Arsenal, Chelsea, City etc

Big things are expected of this boy, it's just a shame that the way modern football is shaping up, he'll only achieve a fraction of them with us.

The even more tragic thing is that 9/10 he'll only last a year or two at those clubs, get benched so often that he completely forgets how to play football, and end up sold to Crystal Palace for peanuts or something.

I honestly think this year is gunna be his "fuckin hell" season. Upside to that is we get to see a genuinely top player emerge from the youth system, downside is by Xmas you can bet your arse that the media will be pushing him to Arsenal, Chelsea, City etc

Big things are expected of this boy, it's just a shame that the way modern football is shaping up, he'll only achieve a fraction of them with us.

The even more tragic thing is that 9/10 he'll only last a year or two at those clubs, get benched so often that he completely forgets how to play football, and end up sold to Crystal Palace for peanuts or something.

So very true.

The thing is, a lot of these young players are pushed and encouraged by their agents to sign for these huge clubs and every time it is because of money. Their agents will make a canny wedge when one of their players moves to one of the "bigger clubs". Football reasons don't come into it.

So true man.

If he signs a new contract, Mike Ashley will rub hands over this kid. One good season and he could fetch 20m easily.

None of us want to sell him but that's the reality if he does well.

If he signs a new contract, Mike Ashley will rub hands over this kid. One good season and he could fetch 20m easily.

None of us want to sell him but that's the reality if he does well.

If he stays fit for +30 games and McLaren starts him he'll have a great season, we all know it, the kid's got what it takes, plain and simple. Imagine him going at some of three shite fullbacks in the league man.

I'm surprised by the stats tbh. We started brightly with loads of possession; York even surrendered the ball in their own half in the very early stages and gave us what was one of our better chances. But the vast majority, that I can recall, were total pot-shots from outside the box, because York put 10 men behind the ball. Aarons, I think, had a header against the bar towards the end of the first half, and we worked a couple other reasonable half-chances. Perez looked the liveliest. Mitrovic didn't really make an impression but looked up for it. As I say, though, besides a few half-chances, the majority of efforts came from outside the box, and were neither nowt nor summat.

Nothing about the performance was interesting or impressive and the defending was despicable.

It was just a run-out. Bit of a pointless game in another muddled pre-season schedule whats benefits are again questionable.

Worth mentioning, too, that - although we never really looked like carving through the defense with insightful passes or energetic runs - when it got to the stage when York might tire, they brought on 8 pairs of fresh legs in one sub. :lol: All the noises out of the dressing room are that our lads are understandably fucked from the America trip and two away games immediately after. Truly have absolutely no idea how such a schedule is supposed to prepare ones body. I bet they're gagging for the rest pre-Gladbach.

• 2 weeks later...

Will he be even further down the pecking order then?

I ascribe to the idea that competition is good for places. Before we think about dropping him for Thauvin though it might be a good idea to get his contract situation sorted. Just a thought.

Crazy to worry about how far he is away from the first team when we're starting Obertan. Sounds like Thauvin can play across the front 3 so there is still plenty of opportunity for him if we shift Sissoko inside or just rotate the team.

I'm more worried about where Ayoze fits in. These are still good concerns to have mind you.