Rolando Aarons

Chapo

I'd send him on loan to a decent Championship team, where he will play every week.

Getting kicked by the s*** teams in the Championship will toughen him up a bit and the confidence gained from playing in a good team/doing well will also.

Dafuq did I just read?

Why not? What will he achieve sitting on our bench and not playing regularly?

I'm a firm believer that players need to play football to progress (ie, Armstrong).

He's not good enough to start atm, so he will be limited to 20 minutes here and there.

If we are keeping him long term, he will come back a better player - if we are going to sell him, then of course there is no point.

I'd send him on loan to a decent Championship team, where he will play every week.

Getting kicked by the s*** teams in the Championship will toughen him up a bit and the confidence gained from playing in a good team/doing well will also.

Dafuq did I just read?

I'm a firm believer that players need to play football to progress (ie, Armstrong).

He's not good enough to start atm, so he will be limited to 20 minutes here and there.

If we are keeping him long term, he will come back a better player - if we are going to sell him, then of course there is no point.

Obertan. Case closed.

Dafuq did I just read?

Obertan. Case closed.

Obertan is not going to start, is he?

Perez is ahead of Aarons imo, as I believe he could play anywhere in a front four.

Dafuq did I just read?

Obertan. Case closed.

Perez is ahead of Aarons imo, as I believe he could play anywhere in a front four.

?

Southampton (h)

Krul

Janmaat

Mbemba

Coloccini

Haidara

Anita

Colback

Sissoko

Wijnaldum

Obertan

Cisse

Swansea City (a)

Krul

Janmaat

Mbemba

Coloccini

Haidara

Anita

Colback

Sissoko

Wijnaldum

Obertan

Cisse

Manchester United (a)

Krul

Mbemba

Coloccini

Taylor

Haidara

Colback

Anita

Wijnaldum

Obertan

Perez

Mitrovic

Dafuq did I just read?

Obertan. Case closed.

?

Southampton (h)

Krul

Janmaat

Mbemba

Coloccini

Haidara

Anita

Colback

Sissoko

Wijnaldum

Obertan

Cisse

Swansea City (a)

Krul

Janmaat

Mbemba

Coloccini

Haidara

Anita

Colback

Sissoko

Wijnaldum

Obertan

Cisse

Manchester United (a)

Krul

Mbemba

Coloccini

Taylor

Haidara

Colback

Anita

Wijnaldum

Obertan

Perez

Mitrovic

"is not GOING to start"

Thauvin is clearly ahead of Obertan, that argument is daft.

Just to add - we are talking about a 19 year old who has only played 5 competitive games for us, he's never been out on loan or played competitive football on a regular basis.

He was out injured for a majority of last season, of course he needs to play regularly! Obertan

Dafuq did I just read?

Obertan. Case closed.

?

Southampton (h)

Krul

Janmaat

Mbemba

Coloccini

Haidara

Anita

Colback

Sissoko

Wijnaldum

Obertan

Cisse

Swansea City (a)

Krul

Janmaat

Mbemba

Coloccini

Haidara

Anita

Colback

Sissoko

Wijnaldum

Obertan

Cisse

Manchester United (a)

Krul

Mbemba

Coloccini

Taylor

Haidara

Colback

Anita

Wijnaldum

Obertan

Perez

Mitrovic

"is not GOING to start"

Thauvin is clearly ahead of Obertan, that argument is daft.

Past evidence is "daft?"

:lol:

I hope you're right, of course, but I was pointing towards the last 3 games where Aarons should've started over Obertan. Heck, Aarons' grandmother should've started over the alien.

I just don't think we should be loaning out someone who saved Pardew's fucking ass twice last season, enough for Pardew to injure the lad further by throwing him into the deep end when he wasn't even fully fit. If even Pardew can see this lad needs to be on the pitch for a bit o'majick, we need him starting ahead of the alien. Not loaned out to a division we know he will just waste his year in.

Aarons is not going to start competitively for us all season, so we're gonna stick a 19 year old on the bench all season.

Yet, you think he'll get nothing out of playing regularly in the Championship?

Playing in a team that will do well in the Championship will do him the absolute world of good.

Or even, send him on loan to someone like Bournemouth! Where he will be guaranteed a start!

Nobody's discussing the merits and value of a season's loan for any given player. We're saying an absolute numpty (Obertan) has been given more time this season than letting Aarons develop as a player. If you want to look at how to blood young players into the fast pace of the top flight, see Wenger, Rodgers, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

And I love the De Bruyne comparison :lol:

Right, our squad is overflowing with millions of pounds of talent on the bench that we can do with Aarons pissing away a year in the Championship.

We can barely put out a fucking decent 11.

Aarons is not going to start competitively for us all season, so we're gonna stick a 19 year old on the bench all season.

Yet, you think he'll get nothing out of playing regularly in the Championship?

Playing in a team that will do well in the Championship will do him the absolute world of good.

Or even, send him on loan to someone like Bournemouth! Where he will be guaranteed a start!

Won't be guaranteed a start at Bournemouth, he's not going to be ahead of Gradel or Ritchie.

Nobody's discussing the merits and value of a season's loan for any given player. We're saying an absolute numpty (Obertan) has been given more time this season than letting Aarons develop as a player. If you want to look at how to blood young players into the fast pace of the top flight, see Wenger, Rodgers, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

But that is not the argument, the argument is not about Obertan.

Fact is, Aarons will not start for us this season - whether it is Obertan, Thauvin, Gareth Bale or the Queen in the team in front of him. McClaren has stated this in numerous interviews.

Therefore the only practical and sensible solution to allow Aarons to develop is to send him out on loan to play football. He is not going to develop playing off the bench in shit games he needs full matches of competitive football.

As has been said on this forum before, people get far too excited over players far too early. He is 19, he has played 5 competitive fixtures for us. He is not our best player and should not be starting week-in-week-out.