NUFC Songbook

olliemort

Guest Roger Kint

Barely heard?  It's the only place that sings.  You hear a song coming from the Gallowgate about once every game.  It's obvious when there's only about 2k people singing it's not going to boom around the stadium.  :lol:

Problem is from the gallowgate you cant hear anything due to the open nature of the ground. Many a time i been told of an amazing atmosphere generated by the chav ultras(joke) and its barely been heard. I guess thats a two way thing, although our singing is shite in all fairness considering how many part time fans are in my bit

Get out of our cluuuuuub, you fat cockney bastad had a fair few airings on tuesday

Heard some guys trying to get started "if you hate cockney geordies clap your hands", didn't get much coverage though

Guest Roger Kint

Get out of our cluuuuuub, you fat cockney bastad had a fair few airings on tuesday

Heard some guys trying to get started "if you hate cockney geordies clap your hands", didn't get much coverage though

'You fat greedy bastard' would be much better

Guest WashyGeordie

Whenever I've stood in Level 7 everyone (at least in that bit) sang non-stop, last game against Plymouth wasn't that good but Plymouth fans were even worse.  :lol: And sang about twice all game.

Im glad there's 'witless charvers' at the game anyway, it's better than sitting in complete silence.

Most people at home games aren't charvs in level 7 though.

It's the home cup games in the lower tiers what attract the charvs for some reason, well, probablies 'cos of the cheaps tickets like.

BTW on the back of the cockney geordie hating chants, I've always wondered where I stand

Brought up by 2 exiled geordies in london, speak a sort of soft geordie accent when I speak to them and when I speak to any other geordies, completely sub-consciously, but when I speak with my mates not at all, just wondering whether I qualifity in these "cockney bastards" having attended about 20 games a season the past 4 years (I'm 19)

Whenever I've stood in Level 7 everyone (at least in that bit) sang non-stop, last game against Plymouth wasn't that good but Plymouth fans were even worse.  :lol: And sang about twice all game.

Im glad there's 'witless charvers' at the game anyway, it's better than sitting in complete silence.

It's the home cup games in the lower tiers what attract the charvs for some reason, well, probablies 'cos of the cheaps tickets like.

I know, I didn't mean that.  I was using the term thenorthumbrian used, he seems to think witless charvers = people who sing at matches.

Guest WashyGeordie

I know, I didn't mean that.  I was using the term thenorthumbrian used, he seems to think witless charvers = people who sing at matches.

Ahh.  :angel:

don't mind people voicing their opinions but the last couple of home games this chant has came out during the game when we should be concentrating on getting behind the players. against plymouth it was even sung in the first 15mins when we were hammering them.

pissed me off somewhat. before the game/half time/ at the end please lads/lasses.

Guest Roger Kint

don't mind people voicing their opinions but the last couple of home games this chant has came out during the game when we should be concentrating on getting behind the players. against plymouth it was even sung in the first 15mins when we were hammering them.

pissed me off somewhat. before the game/half time/ at the end please lads/lasses.

Probs too much to ask for 'fat greedy bastard' instead, the whole cockney thing is embarassing tbh

Probs too much to ask for 'fat greedy b******' instead, the whole cockney thing is embarassing tbh

not even greedy when you think of how much he's losing. "you incompetent bastard" fits though.

Guest toonlass

Can't see how anyone can complain about the "singing corner" tbh. Without it the ground would be  :tumbleweed:

Too many football snobs tbh. "Oh you can't wear a football shirt to the match", "you can't sing THAT song", some guy behind me last weekend said "It's a mackem song that" when we were singing "Howay the lads", never seen him before at a match, probably won't see him again. You hear the Gallowgate maybe once a match if you're lucky, the milburn stand and East stand are comatosed. The lower leazes makes a bit of noise when we score but that is it.

Guest toonlass

The only criticism I have of the singing corner is, as madras pointed out above, singing "get out of our club" during the match when we should be supporting the team. I just don't join in with it though.

Which is fine.

It's the people who don't stand up there, don't go to matches through choice (and not location/economics etc) or who stand up there and whine the whole time through the match, and then complain about the singing corner that piss me off. The atmosphere at St James would be dead without that area of the ground. I noticed last week when the lads up there started singing "get out of our club" quite a number of fans in the lower leazes stood up and started singing. Shame they cannot do that more when other songs are sang.

daddadadadadadaaaaaaa

Josè Enrique

You are the love of my life

Josè Enrique

I'd let you shag my wife

Josè Enrique

I want your army hairdoooo