Aston Villa 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 23/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

Cabella looks s*** compared to Ben Arfa, didn't really do that much in dangerous positions apart from fling himself to the floor at every opportunity.

Janmaat looks better than Debuchy on first couple games, didn't see enough of De Jong to form judgement, same with Perez but like the look of him from last game

Aye - Janmaat looks decent.

Good to keep a clean sheet and get a point, but we really should have had all 3. Villa are average at best and we were definitely the better side in the second half.

Janmaat looks very good going forward which is nice to see, and De Jong oozes class from the short spell he played. And as for Cabella diving around, he better cut that shit out of his game!

We'll have to get a sweepstake for the when/how of our first league goal.

I'll go trickles in off Gouffran's arse, Hull (H).

That could have easily been a 2-0 win for us today, so I reckon Crystal Palace in the first minute.

Same as last season. Comfortable in possession but to scared to throw players forward and do anything with the ball in the final third. Pardew won't give our striker support and there is zero creativity because we don't possess anyone in the centre or wide right with creativity in them. Our most dangerous player was our right back. Solid purchase there at least.

It is going to be a long, boring and depressing season once the enthusiasm wears off.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Solid away performance but we just lacked that extra quality in the final third. Bit gutted for Willo

Not sure if you're serious. If you are i bet that you get happy at Christmas eve when you get used toilet paper.

We did dominate them and create good chances especially during the second half and I don't remember Krul making a save for the whole 90 mins. Good but not great

Guest Dontooner

Not look like scoring....... just poor coaching. (Hoofing it or trying to Pass it)

Look like a mid table 16- 10 team.

If none of the new players can score a goal, we are pretty much struggle this season.

Remy himself gave us about 15 points last season. We need a goal scorer if we play under Harry Pardew Potter. No magic no points

Garbage going forward.

We create nowt.

I'm not convinced at all by either Riviere or Cabella.

We're good at tippy tappy from defence to midfield and back again though.

I don't think that was a typical performance from Cabella, sadly I think that was probably a typical performance from Riviere.