Aston Villa 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 23/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

Cabella cant beat a man. This is worrying.

Meh, he didn't have much trouble with his dribbling against City so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Just had to get used to the physical nature of playing here, we'll play more defences like Villa rather City so he'll now know what to expect, in terms of physicality.

Teams like Villa will always double up on him, in which case he will need other players to move around. Good luck with that Remy.

Boring game but I still have hope for this season (we're only 2 games in FFS) - We all know we are lacking a proven goalscorer but we had decent chances today, away from home and we bossed the game from start to finish. Bring in a decent striker and we'll be a top 10 side.

Cabella cant beat a man. This is worrying.

Meh, he didn't have much trouble with his dribbling against City so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Just had to get used to the physical nature of playing here, we'll play more defences like Villa rather City so he'll now know what to expect, in terms of physicality.

Teams like Villa will always double up on him, in which case he will need other players to move around. Good luck with that Remy.

De Jong seems like he can think for himself and will move a bit, that's the only hope though.

A few folk today saying to me "at least we didn't lose". Ah aye, fair point. It's the taking part that counts, right?

It's a point away from home at the end of the day. Not the greatest of results but not the worst either.

It's definitely not good considering we bossed the game from start to finish.

"We want to be challenged. We want to be pushed to the maximum. We don't want people happy just to see the team drawing away from home. If you don't get positive results, you're going to get that sort of reaction, but we welcome that, we want to strive for the best, we know we're in the best league in world football, so we welcome that expectation."

Roberto Martinez

That was a thoroughly depressing preview of what is to come if we don't sign a proper striker. Riviere and Perez might be decent young talents but there's no way we should be relying on them, especially if the manager continues to isolate them. Perez looks the better player from what I've seen so far but we need someone else.

Thought we were wank, personally. Four years and still not a semblance of an attacking gameplan.

Point on the board though and the lads probably will take encouragement from it, even if the same issues were showing. Another group of players looking disjointed and unthreatening

Colback was our best player for the second game in a row, incidentally.

Seems like I made the right choice not to wake up after four hours of sleep to watch this.

O0 Me too!

I started to get annoyed towards the end of the second half that I woke up for it. Went back to bed afterwards. Last time I get up that early on a Saturday morning to watch Pardew ball. No point.

A few folk today saying to me "at least we didn't lose". Ah aye, fair point. It's the taking part that counts, right?

It's a point away from home at the end of the day. Not the greatest of results but not the worst either.

It's definitely not good considering we bossed the game from start to finish.

So we agree then  :snod: