Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Utterly bemused that we've not sacked him already.

I'm not bothered if Ashley lets us get relegated tbh. It's not my money, fuck him.

That said, Pardew needs to be given dogs abuse from now until he leaves / is fired / dies of old age.

I'm still sort of optimistic. Ashley is running a business and Pardew is seriously deteriorating its value and hurting its image. He must see pretty soon that it's in his best interest to find a replacement, it could very possibly elevate the worth of NUFC in a reasonably short period of time.

With that being said, no one should show up at SJP next weekend. The crowd is really turning against Pardew en masse, for the seemingly first time, and boycotting home matches surely must send a strong message. Pardew isn't a manager who leaves his post. He's been fired from all his clubs (bar Reading) and he will hopefully sooner rather than later also be fired from here.

Sorry to stop you on your second sentence, but this is a simple untruth. An advertising hoarding is not a business. Anything that gets headlines is good for Ashley. Unless it damages Sport Direct directly.

I'm still sort of optimistic. Ashley is running a business and Pardew is seriously deteriorating its value and hurting its image. He must see pretty soon that it's in his best interest to find a replacement, it could very possibly elevate the worth of NUFC in a reasonably short period of time.

With that being said, no one should show up at SJP next weekend. The crowd is really turning against Pardew en masse, for the seemingly first time, and boycotting home matches surely must send a strong message. Pardew isn't a manager who leaves his post. He's been fired from all his clubs (bar Reading) and he will hopefully sooner rather than later also be fired from here.

Sorry to stop you on your second sentence, but this is a simple untruth. An advertising hoarding is not a business. Anything that gets headlines is good for Ashley. Unless it damages Sport Direct directly.

You shouldn't have stopped him, Ashley will not want to have to put money into the club so does run it as a business and will not want to see our income drop by being relegated.

Guest zicomartin

Might be selfish, but for us on the other side of the pond, its either every premier league game on tv or jack shit in the championship.

Tough choice.

The press will say we deserved it, all the fans fault for being demanding. :whatdidido: 

You shouldn't have stopped him, Ashley will not want to have to put money into the club so does run it as a business and will not want to see our income drop by being relegated.

The money that has gone out of the club directly and indirectly, and Ashley's estate's exponential growth since taking us over far outweighs by an order of magnitude any pennies a relegation might 'cost' him.

IF he doesn't go on saturday then the next home game should have not a single nufc fan in SJP.  Empty stands beside SD adverts wont do his brand image any good. I have severe doubts about some of our so called 'fans' though.  Sure some just pitch up every 2nd week out of habit in the same way they do the shopping every weds night.

I think it's getting to the point where the anti Pardew stuff will begin to have an effect on the brand value and by association, a negative effect the sports direct associations.  That will be the difference to Ashley. It's the thing he really cares about. While we are not worth much in advertising or shirt sales terms to his business in financial terms, it calls his judgement into question and his shareholders might begin to think twice.

That's the only thing I think would make a difference. Unfortunately. And I'm probably wrong because he is nothing if not contrary.

If he's not gone by this time next week I'm rooting for every team that plays us right until we go down and down and down again just to see Ashley lose out on the only thing that matters, money.

I'll see the club burn to the ground and cease to exist just to be comforted in the knowledge he failed, he lost and Pardew fucked him over.

AFC Newcastle, I'm for it.

The money that has gone out of the club directly and indirectly, and Ashley's estate's exponential growth since taking us over far outweighs by an order of magnitude any pennies a relegation might 'cost' him.

So do you think he'll sit back and allow relegation?

Imagine how great it would be if we all could sit behind the dugout on Saturday.

Some bloke in chinese telling his kids that the fans were blaming Pardew yesterday when it was the players fault. ARGH!!!!

So do you think he'll sit back and allow relegation?

I reckon so.

Guest TruToon94

If Mike Ashley really didn't give a shit he wouldn't come to matches would he? He does care that we're doing shite otherwise he wouldn't waste his time coming along.

If Ashley has got any sense he would sack Carver for gross misconduct; and then Pardew out of support for his coach I feel maybe have no other option but to resign especially in the current climate - will save himself a pretty penny also by doing this. Thing is though I honestly believe Ashley enjoys winding us up and I'm being serious here - ever since the Keegan resignation and the aftermath, I am certain he has not one slight interest in the club and especially the fans

If Mike Ashley really didn't give a s*** he wouldn't come to matches would he? He does care that we're doing s**** otherwise he wouldn't waste his time coming along.

He doesn't if he did Pardew would have been sacked countless times these last two years.

He will play Aarons half fit next week injure him long term and we will scrape out a result. Goal coming off Tiotes bum. What then? I don't know about anyone else but having the press finally start to turn and take notice, like circling vultures I am so mentally there with him being gone finally, I cannot contemplate a win or positive result and therefore extended future with Pardew in it.

I don't know whether the fans were "on him" from the start last game or whether it was after the first goal and he predictably lied to bend the truth his way. Either way I hope every last man women and child at sjp gives him the abuse he deserves from the start next week, just for questioning and blaming the supporters.

Guest TruToon94

If Mike Ashley really didn't give a s*** he wouldn't come to matches would he? He does care that we're doing s**** otherwise he wouldn't waste his time coming along.

He doesn't if he did Pardew would have been sacked countless times these last two years.

We've always been safe from relegation though. Ashley wanted to piss us off by being successful and mid-table his way and he has been able to do so. To fail though is abhorrent to a man like him who wants to prove us all wrong. He hopes Pardew will turn it round thus why he gave him two games but I believe that if he doesn't, he'll bring somebody else in for certain.

It could be somebody like Hoddle but let's be honest anybody is better. Moyes looks the likeliest IMO though and he's a whole level above Pardew.

Guest byertfjord

Regarding Carver, is there anyone here who plans on taking him up on his offer to fight him at the training ground? I would, but it's a bit hard to get to Newcastle in time from Florida...

Imagine how great it would be if we all could sit behind the dugout on Saturday.

Some bloke in chinese telling his kids that the fans were blaming Pardew yesterday when it was the players fault. ARGH!!!!

You will have to imagine, we have next to no tickets left in that area.

Starting to think relegation won't bother Ashley. If we plummet he just hops to rangers and it's guess who wins again. Another season in a lower league with the parachute money to make back as much of the 'loan.' he'll lose out but if pardew doesn't go by tomorrow he either doesn't realise or care.

Aye - he can pocket two years worth of TV money to pay off his 'loan', stick us up for sale or leave us in limbo as he concentrates on Rangers.

If he's pocketing all this TV money then why the fuck would he not be bothered about it plummeting down from £70m to somewhere closer to £20m?  In reality at best after paying wages ect we may have an excess of £20-£30m which he can theoretically pay himself.  If we drop to the Championship that drops to a £20-£30m loss, which means no cash for Ash.

Honestly, the idea that Ashley just wouldn't really be bothered about £50 or so million per year..  Let alone the chance of staying down their for a couple of years and the parachute payments running out, meaning £70m down.