Crystal Palace manager

Mick

So Ashley is digging his heals in with the ultimate version of cutting your nose off to spite your face

He is digging in and hoping the fans drive him into resignation, so we don't have to pay him the compo. If we don't win or play well Saturday he won't have much choice surely.

We'll get relegated if we keep Pardew but not a chance we'd come straight back up again.

As s*** as we were in our relegation season, you knew in players like Barton, Nolan, Smith, Butt, Harper etc that there was a moral spine and that they would graft to get us back up.

Can't quite see cowards like Sissoko doing that can you?

I think we'll be away for a while if we went down, tbh. Absolutely no chance of an imminent return.

Thought you guys might like this little write-up from the ESPNFC website:

It's not just the appalling form that has put Alan Pardew's job at Newcastle United in jeopardy, it's the excuses. Transfer policy, fitness, referees, scheduling, atmospheric conditions, Supermoon, there's always something to blame when Newcastle United lose. Still, at least there was no one else he could blame this time. Who can you blame for a 4-0 defeat to Southampton and a performance that was characterised by the sort of defending that makes QPR look like Helenio Herrera's Internazionale? What's that, Alan?

"The fans were on us from the start, on me in particular. That didn't help the situation."

Ah. ... Oh, dear.

supermoon :lol:

We would lose Janmaat, Santon, Krul, Sissoko, Tiote, Anita, DeJong, Cabella. Colo and Cisse would be pushed out wages wise. Then the likes of Riviere, Perez, Haidara would probably be looking for the nearest exit.

It's too grim to think about. Team of Elliot, Raylor, Williamson, Saylor, Dummett, Obertan, Colback, Abeid, Ameobi, Armstong and Campbell. We would probably re-sign Shola.

Pardew is benefiting from being English. If he was a foreigner the national press would be ripping him to shreads, like the did Benitez and AVB. They talk about the fans and what Ashley might do, never giving an opinion on Pardew himself, unless it's positive.

Compare that to Fulham. Magath has been there for less time than our horrendous run has started and they're demanding change at the club on talksport and how he needs to go.

Fingers crossed that Ashley is just waiting for a suitable replacement before sacking the turd.

Fingers crossed that Ashley is just waiting for a suitable replacement before sacking the turd.

I've said it earlier, he ain't getting sacked. That's clear as day. He is here until the end of the 2015/16 season. That's a fact that I have on good authority. Let's just stop building our hopes up and back the players.

Pardew is benefiting from being English. If he was a foreigner the national press would be ripping him to shreads, like the did Benitez and AVB. They talk about the fans and what Ashley might do, never giving an opinion on Pardew himself, unless it's positive.

Compare that to Fulham. Magath has been there for less time than our horrendous run has started and they're demanding change at the club on talksport and how he needs to go.

think your are right - the lack of criticism from the so-called experts is absolutely pathetic.

Has anyone had a proper go of the horrible football we have played for ages?

I've said it earlier, he ain't getting sacked. That's clear as day. He is here until the end of the 2015/16 season. That's a fact that I have on good authority. Let's just stop building our hopes up and back the players.

What's this good authority bollocks then? Stop building hopes up and back the players? You mean back Pardew and his way of playing football? No thanks. I'll stick to my hating him.

Why would Ashley keep the prick who's about to take us down? Firing Pardew is much more financially sound than a season(or more) in the Championship. There's absolutely 0 chance Ashley will keep Pardew on if this continues at this rate, Ashley speaks one language, money and that's being put in danger.

"Good authority" my arse.

No need to wait - Moyes is available...

Exactly - and he didn't wait until he sacked Hughton to speak to Pardew, did he?

Did someone on here not confirm that Pardew was in talks a while before Hughton was actually sacked?

Would be Karma on the tw*t that someone is already being primed for his job this time.

Also, as far as rumours of Bruce go, I can't see Ashley paying any club compensation for a manager, especially if he gonna have to sack and pay Pardew off as well.

Any new appointment will probably be someone out of work, and available.

Mick Lowes sticking the boot in this morning, on BBC Newcastle. :thup: It's taken long enough.

:thup: about fookin time

Micky Quinn doing the same on TalkSport earlier too.

Once the media turns on him he'll only have Ashley left. Surely his position is untenable if the whole world is screaming fuck off!?

Lowes may well be privvy to what's gonna happen. Apparently he had Llambias' ear when he was MD.

What did Lowes say? TS going to be interesting tonight :lol:

Basically said that Pardew is in a 'dark, dark place', 5 wins this year is not good enough - players let him down badly on Saturday and that his position is pretty much untenable now all the supporters have turned. Charlie Charlton (presenter) said that he was going to be in for a 'busy week'.

Lowes may well be privvy to what's gonna happen. Apparently he had Llambias' ear when he was MD.

What did Lowes say? TS going to be interesting tonight :lol:

Basically said that Pardew is in a 'dark, dark place', 5 wins this year is not good enough - players let him down badly on Saturday and that his position is pretty much untenable now all the supporters have turned. Charlie Charlton (presenter) said that he was going to be in for a 'busy week'.

Sounds far more like a defence of Pardew, that.