Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Worth remembering when talking about relegation that its not just the loss in TV money.  Obviously we'd lose £70-80m and for two seasons parachute payments would cover £15 to £20m(?) of that.  But you then have Football league financial fair play, which will fine you £1 for every £1 you lose.  We'll obviously be in the red both seasons by £15-£20m, meaning even if we do come back up we then have a £30-£40m fine to pay.

I would happily drop out of this league if it meant we would be rid of both Pardew and Ashley and could regain just a little bit of pride

So would I, I was talking about what Ashley would lose with regards to this idea that he wouldn't mind relegation.

Having said that I don't see a single reason why relegation would get rid of Ashley.

Worth remembering when talking about relegation that its not just the loss in TV money.  Obviously we'd lose £70-80m and for two seasons parachute payments would cover £15 to £20m(?) of that.  But you then have Football league financial fair play, which will fine you £1 for every £1 you lose.  We'll obviously be in the red both seasons by £15-£20m, meaning even if we do come back up we then have a £30-£40m fine to pay.

I would happily drop out of this league if it meant we would be rid of both Pardew and Ashley and could regain just a little bit of pride

So would I, I was talking about what Ashley would lose with regards to this idea that he wouldn't mind relegation.

Having said that I don't see a single reason why relegation would get rid of Ashley.

Potentially it wouldn't and you are right he wouldn't want that, I just want a club I can once again feel some pride in no matter which division we are in.

We had a good core of players the last time we were relegated. Along with the right manager at the right time, we made promotion look easy. I'm not so sure this time.

I absolutely don't want this club to go down.

Ashley wouldn't drop his asking price by much, we'd still be a very expensive club to buy even I'm the Championship. So likelihood would be we were stuck with him. Much better chance of him finding a buyer in the Prem, a buyer who wants to get the club into the CL and make money that way.

Have to agree, I don't see how relegation this time has any positives. Except maybe Pardew going obviously.

Folk can throw the word around like its no big deal, but relegation can be absolutely devastating to a football club. I don't want to chance that at all.

I enjoyed our season in the Championship, mainly because we won most games, but the thought of spending anymore than a season down there is absolutely depressing. Imagine being one of the also rans year after year. Spending so much time in the Championship that even being a Villa or a Stoke would be an attractive proposition.

We had a good core of players the last time we were relegated. Along with the right manager at the right time, we made promotion look easy. I'm not so sure this time.

Ashley wouldn't drop his asking price by much, we'd still be a very expensive club to buy even I'm the Championship. So likelihood would be we were stuck with him. Much better chance of him finding a buyer in the Prem, a buyer who wants to get the club into the CL and make money that way.

Have to agree, I don't see how relegation this time has any positives. Except maybe Pardew going obviously.

Folk can throw the word around like its no big deal, but relegation can be absolutely devastating to a football club. I don't want to chance that at all.

I enjoyed our season in the Championship, mainly because we won most games, but the thought of spending anymore than a season down there is absolutely depressing. Imagine being one of the also rans year after year. Spending so much time in the Championship that even being a Villa or a Stoke would be an attractive proposition.

Yeah, relegation is awful. I didn't enjoy the Championship at all, although it was probably a good way to get rid of all the baggage we were carrying.

Yeah, relegation is awful. I didn't enjoy the Championship at all, although it was probably a good way to get rid of all the baggage we were carrying.

Going into that season after that Orient game in particular, it was terrifying. Another relegation looked more likely than a promotion at that stage. I think that gets forgotten, just how dark things looked for a spell before the points started rolling in.

What's the difference between that and what we're doing now?

(Other than the money, which we don't spend)

Going into that season after that Orient game in particular, it was terrifying. Another relegation looked more likely than a promotion at that stage. I think that gets forgotten, just how dark things looked for a spell before the points started rolling in.

Yeah really dark days.  If it wasn't for Hughton, Barton, Nolan, Harper, Smith and one or two others we would have been dead and buried.

Starting to think Ashley realises he won't ever get it so good again and that he will never find a more loyal yes man than Pardew and that's the only reason he's staying, you got to remember this is the man who has hired Kinnear twice and the likes of Denis Wise who haven't been hired by anyone since.

Ashley doesn't view things from a football perspective. I imagine he's made huge profits the last 3 or so years with Pardew in charge and probably realises he'll never get someone so weak again. Think he's just hoping Pardew keeps us up, so he can keep getting maximum profits without the demand for investment from the manager.

The whole thing stinks, and to be honest I'm surprised the likes of Carr haven't walked either, he must see how the club is being run.

Rob Lee on talksport now

'who else will work for Ashley'

'Pardew has had some undeserved stick'

fuckthisshit.gif

That's the exact opposite of the view he had on Pardew at a talk-in I went to about 5 months ago.

Guest neesy111

Parachute payments are for 4 seasons.now.

Rob Lee on talksport now

fuckthisshit.gif

Surely all those ex-players coming out to defend Pardew recently could only be a PR stunt by the club.

Guest neesy111

Rob Lee on talksport now

fuckthisshit.gif

Said we had an organised defence in the summer. :lol: :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Rob Lee on talksport now

fuckthisshit.gif

That's the exact opposite of the view he had on Pardew at a talk-in I went to about 5 months ago.

In fairness he has mainly been slaughtering Ashley and the transfer policy but he has definitely avoided calling Pardew the useless sack of shit that he is.

Rob Lee on talksport now

fuckthisshit.gif

£200 cash in hand is enough for some people to completely sell out it seems.

Guest Roger Kint

Rob Lee on talksport now

fuckthisshit.gif

Said we had an organised defence in the summer. :lol: :lol:

As we looked like a pub side against Malaga wasnt it? :lol:

Or they dont want to banned from the club.

Stats are stats and pardew's record his shocking.  The team looks broken and lost, cant score and cant defend.  How anyone can logically comment on it any other way isn't bein truthful.