Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Will be interesting to see if the dumb fuck drops Abeid for Tioté, that would be totally idiotic and unfair to Mehdi. He'd done nothing wrong and deserves to play. Feels almost as it's written in stone.

Will be interesting to see if the dumb f*** drops Abeid for Tioté, that would be totally idiotic and unfair to Mehdi. He'd done nothing wrong and deserves to play. Feels almost as it's written in stone.

In a normal setup it would be fine.  Tiote will probably be fit before Abeid now and come in, which is okay.  If he plays well then it'd be down to Abeid to earn his place back again.  In a normal setup he'd have chances to do that though, whereas you know with Pardew that once Tiote gets back in, he won't be dropping him till he's injured again.  Abeid's only hope of not being dropped for Tiote in a Pardew team was to avoid injury and play so well he couldn't be dropped.

Watching the highlights on MOTD I was surprised at the number of players getting into the box in the second half, something the king has usually avoided like the plague before the sackpardew.com campaign. I don't suppose the thicker fans will acknowledge it, but those who have pointed out his awful brand of football on sites like that might be responsible for Pardew now trying to go more on the front foot as he would say. But then is easy to do that against QPR, whether he'll have the balls to do it against better teams is debatable.

It should be easy to do it against QPR, but historically Pardew has always been capable of getting a result against one of the big boys due to sitting back and counter attacking, its been the QPRs of the world that he's struggled against - i.e. when the emphasis is on us to attack.

Promising signs, there has been a noticable change in approach since the protests and I can't shake the notion that someone has made it very clear what is expected on the pitch. How much of the form is down to luck in personnel changes forced upon him and how much is sustainable remains to be seen

Watching the highlights on MOTD I was surprised at the number of players getting into the box in the second half, something the king has usually avoided like the plague before the sackpardew.com campaign. I don't suppose the thicker fans will acknowledge it, but those who have pointed out his awful brand of football on sites like that might be responsible for Pardew now trying to go more on the front foot as he would say. But then is easy to do that against QPR, whether he'll have the balls to do it against better teams is debatable.

It should be easy to do it against QPR, but historically Pardew has always been capable of getting a result against one of the big boys due to sitting back and counter attacking, its been the QPRs of the world that he's struggled against - i.e. when the emphasis is on us to attack.

Promising signs, there has been a noticable change in approach since the protests and I can't shake the notion that someone has made it very clear what is expected on the pitch. How much of the form is down to luck in personnel changes forced upon him and how much is sustainable remains to be seen

But as has been pointed out, it was only after an hour that we really started to look for a goal in earnest, I don't recall seeing us going at teams from the off either this season or last.

Problem for me is that if he puts Tiote back in then we have two very defensive midfielders playing next to each other rather than Mehdi who is more positive with the ball and capable of making things happen.

Problem for me is that if he puts Tiote back in then we have two very defensive midfielders playing next to each other rather than Mehdi who is more positive with the ball and capable of making things happen.

Nailed on.

Yeh, Mehdi covers alot of bases. Hes strong, athletic and reads the play well, whilst also comfortable and positive in possession. I suppose hes a combination of the better qualities of Anita and Tiote.

There's been no change of approach. Keep it tight, strangle every last bit of joy out of the event, try and nick it 1-0. That's been the gameplan in almost every game for four years. The change is that it's currently working, as it often does for a few games a season.

There's been no change of approach. Keep it tight, strangle every last bit of joy out of the event, try and nick it 1-0. That's been the gameplan in almost every game for four years. The change is that it's currently working, as it often does for a few games a season.

Yeh I think we have probably counter-attacked with more purpose over this little run, but that is more due to the youthful enthusiasm of Ayoze, Cabella and Ameobi.

I always remember that Europa game against  Benfica.  His approach to chasing a 2 goal defecit was to keep it tight for 70 minutes and then try to create something after.  That's what he actually said about it and it seems to be reflected in a lot of games we play.

I always remember that Europa game against  Benfica.  His approach to chasing a 2 goal defecit was to keep it tight for 70 minutes and then try to create something after.  That's what he actually said about it and it seems to be reflected in a lot of games we play.

Bigirimana RW.

Guest firetotheworks

Sissoko moving to the middle for me. There's no room for Pardew's negativity for a player like that, he just keeps running and running and the whole staying in position thing doesn't work with a player like that, he just does his own thing.

Sissoko moving to the middle for me. There's no room for Pardew's negativity for a player like that, he just keeps running and running and the whole staying in position thing doesn't work with a player like that, he just does his own thing.

Yeah, I really think this has been the key change tbh. Phenomenal difference he's made in there.

Just goes to show how the slightest thing can impact the whole team either way. How long have people been clamouring for him to play inside? It's just crazy.

I have no doubt if Gouffran played upfront, we'd all appreciate him much more right now. Very frustrating stuff.

Yeah, I really think this has been the key change tbh. Phenomenal difference he's made in there.

Just goes to show how the slightest thing can impact the whole team either way. How long have people been clamouring for him to play inside? It's just crazy.

I have no doubt if Gouffran played upfront, we'd all appreciate him much more right now. Very frustrating stuff.

About as long as people have been clamouring for him to go with one defensive midfielder instead of two, or a real left winger rather than an auxiliary left back. Funnily enough when he's been forced through injuries into making these changes, we've seen an improvement.

Good call. Would be interesting to one day see Gouff playing up front with Ayoze and/or Cisse.

:thup: Increasingly the only gameplan we employ, just look at the proportion of goals scored in the second half this season. In fairness we are committing a few players forward against tired legs in the latter stages but the first 60 minutes or so are so often a total and utter waste of time.

Good call. Would be interesting to one day see Gouff playing up front with Ayoze and/or Cisse.

We bought a 1 in 2 striker from France, and have never played him upfront. Pretty outstanding.

:thup: Increasingly the only gameplan we employ, just look at the proportion of goals scored in the second half this season. In fairness we are committing a few players forward against tired legs in the latter stages but the first 60 minutes or so are so often a total and utter waste of time.

True actually, the gameplan has changed, it used to be to try and get ahead early on then batten down the hatches and hope Norwich/Stoke/Wolves can't break us down. Think he's realised that people go home happier with a late goal then an early one despite the fact they've been utterly bored for the same amount of time.

A 1 in 4 striker from France. No need to tell fibs.

His years playing upfront he was 1 in 2. Pretty sure I read that when he first signed. He previously used to play out wide, but that was at least three years prior to joining us.

A 1 in 4 striker from France. No need to tell fibs.

His years playing upfront he was 1 in 2. Pretty sure I read that when he first signed. He previously used to play out wide, but that was at least three years prior to joining us.

I think the very best he's ever managed over a full season is about 1 in 3. I don't think for one second he'd do as well as that in the PL.

Anyway, who cares? Cisse and Perez are better players and better strikers.

Guest firetotheworks

He's finally summed it up for us, no longer does this point ever need to be argued.

“We just keep nicking a goal, then we might nick a second, then the game is over."

Literally the only thing that needs to be added to that to make him look any stupider is "and it'll definitely work forever."