Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Newcastle United can confirm that Alan Pardew has been released from his contract in order to be installed as the new manager of Crystal Palace.

Pardew said: "It has been a privilege to manage Newcastle United and I want to thank my captain Fabricio Coloccini and all the players, John Carver, Steve Stone, Andy Woodman and all the staff, all of who have been outstanding servants to Newcastle United.

"A special thanks also goes to the fans for all their support over the last four years. I must also thank Mike Ashley and the board for their unwavering support during my tenure at the Club."

Newcastle United managing director, Lee Charnley, said: "I would like to thank Alan for his service to the Club.

"Despite public perceptions, fuelled by the media, Mike Ashley had never met nor spoken to Alan before his appointment. However, what developed over the last four years was a very strong and positive relationship between all parties.

"It is these relationships that, four years later, means the Club is in a far better position, both on and off the field, and Alan has had a big part to play in that.

"During his time with us, Alan achieved two top-ten Premier League finishes, including a fifth-place finish in 2012, as well as taking us to the quarter-final of the Europa League. He goes with our best wishes and thanks."

John Carver and Steve Stone will be in the dugout for at least today's (Saturday, 3rd January) fixture - the Club's FA Cup third round tie at Leicester City.

The search for a head coach has begun and an announcement will follow in due course.

Get in!  Take those f***ers down and show the media how good you are as well you lying charlatan c***.

Guaranteed it won't be his fault if he takes them down.

Of course not.  It'll be down to all the forrins playing for them, the Lord Mayors Parade and The Changing of the Guard being cancelled due to rain putting the team off, never honest Al, the medias mate.

Guest firetotheworks

He'll keep them up with the new manager bounce imo. It's next season that they'll start to realise what he's like.

He'll keep them up with the new manager bounce imo. It's next season that they'll start to realise what he's like.

In a sense, I hope that does happen; by then he'll have bought "his players" and he can't blame the form they were in under Warnock.

Scottwilsonecho: Alan Pardew not doing post-match press stuff here at SJP. Interesting given the strengthening rumours about the Palace job. #NUFC

This is where it started. Neesy a shoe-in for post of the year AGAIN!