Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

While there's obviously a lot of shit there in that Charnley thing he's at least been pretty clear here:

"First and foremost, they have to be a good coach and with a track record of developing players and giving young players a chance is important.

For me, style of play is important. How they conduct themselves is also important as the head coach will play a key part in how the club is perceived through his conduct on and off the field."

He's basically describing the anti-Pardew there. Actions speak louder than words mind.

They're basically looking for someone daft enough to operate within the narrow constraints they'll give them. Style of play, etc is a distant secondary consideration.

Absolutely right.

No constraints? :lol: Of course there are...........

- Be prepared to work on a shitty basic and work to performance related targets.

- Be prepared to say fuck all about anything remotely interesting.

- Be prepared to be told who you'll have the option of playing every week. 'The coach picks the team' Aye right, until you've got some other cunt sniffing around players all for them to be rested/injured.

- Be prepared to go out of the cup competitions every years as early as possible. Failure to go out of the F.A Cup before the 4th round will be seen as a contravention of the Ashley Doctrine and, as such, you will see your bonus reduced.

- Be prepared to smile every time they sell your better players.

- Be prepared to be ridden by Carr, this baldy cunt and Ashley every time you make the slightest remark which is off topic.

- Be prepared for them to tell you how well their mate Alan handled the press.

- Be prepared to get shit off the fans for how badly the team are playing but have no fucking power to improve it.

Be prepared for failure. This system will not work.

Even if the new Head Coach comes in and immediately improves the first team in a Koeman-esque run, why would they stay at NUFC when they will have offers from other clubs almost immediately?

They would move everytime so that they can buy their own players............

By the very definition of having key decisions taken out of his hands, the head coach is a yes man.

He's basically putting himself out there to be rimmed like fuck.

Not bothered reading the article.  I have read the jist/summary of it and it just reads like the usual old bollocks.  They didn't need to wait 3 weeks to tell us a load of lies and stuff we already knew. 

f*** this club.  We're a joke.

I found it odd that they've made a conscious effort to do a big newspaper interview for the first time in ages. Suggests it's all been planned.

They're handling the thicker fans.

Not bothered reading the article.  I have read the jist/summary of it and it just reads like the usual old bollocks.  They didn't need to wait 3 weeks to tell us a load of lies and stuff we already knew. 

f*** this club.  We're a joke.

I found it odd that they've made a conscious effort to do a big newspaper interview for the first time in ages. Suggests it's all been planned.

Yep.  With the stock answers, that will change on a whim anyway.  Reading the .com summary and it just seemed scripted.  Like you say, as if it had been planned all along.

The bit where he says we will know more about where we stand by the end of the week suggests to me that there is something in the rumours of Garde deciding if he's coming now and waiting until the summer to bring the rest of his staff in or just waiting until the end of the season.

Can anyone name a club in England that has gone down the "head coach" route and been successful?  Seems to me that all the successful teams have a manager who has final say on players. Hasn't worked particularly well at Spurs for example.

Oh i forgot, we're not trying to be successful...

Can anyone name a club in England that has gone down the "head coach" route and been successful?  Seems to me that all the successful teams have a manager who has final say on players. Hasn't worked particularly well at Spurs for example.

Oh i forgot, we're not trying to be successful...

I'm not convinced clubs like Man City, and even Man Utd in recent years let the manager pick the players he wants. Before Mourinho came back to Chelsea I'd say the situation is similar there.

Even if the new Head Coach comes in and immediately improves the first team in a Koeman-esque run, why would they stay at NUFC when they will have offers from other clubs almost immediately?

By the very definition of having key decisions taken out of his hands, the head coach is a yes man.

He's basically putting himself out there to be rimmed like fuck.

In your opinion the majority of managers/coaches outside of Premier League Football are yes men?

I'm not backing Charnley's comments BTW because its just PR and I wouldn't put much stock at all in it.  But being prepared to work in a system were you do not have absolute control over everything does not make someone a yes man.

He's basically putting himself out there to be rimmed like f***.

WAT.

Koeman has the exact same "constraints" as any incoming head coach would do as did Pochettino did before him, the only difference being as they actually are good coaches so they were able to develop the players they had.

This may be foreign to you but not every manager is Redknapp, for example Ancelotti has very little say at Madrid.

Jesus ...

So we're preparing to be depressed even if we do land someone good.

Man, even I can't sign up for that.

I think your logic is completely wrong by the way. The manager will be involved in the identifying of players, but other factors will be taken into account, Ultimately he will get the type he wants, if not necessarily the very individual he might always prefer.

The structure isn't only suitable for yes men as you imply. You're just wrong. Getting to buy your own players isn't the be all and end all like people in this country feel it is.

It's not like we buy rubbish players either. It's the one thing we currently do well. If Pardew wasn't such an asshole Yanga-Mbiwa, Marveaux and Ben-Arfa would all still be here, and how much better would the squad look for it?

We just need a manager that can appreciate and use the types of players we are bringing  in. I imagine a lot of managers would actually look at the players we sign and would think they could definitely work with that quality.

I do not agree at all that if the right man who is comfortable with the setup and the quality of players we get comes in, he will be looking to run off to any other situation where he can buy his players. Rubbish.

Having read the full statement, it appears that we are quite prepared to wait until the summer, supposedly to get the right man in as their might be better options then. That would raise the danger that Carver could get the job if he flukes a few wins, but Charnley has been quite specific that they are looking for a well qualified coach who has a record of implementing  a style and ethos throughout all levels of the playing staff, so that would surely rule Carver out.

There isn't a chance in hell Carver gets the job, or they wouldn't have dared gone into as much detail as they did in describing the type of man they want.

Honestly, this is a big moment. If they do hire someone on the level of a Carver after what they described yesterday, then everyone has to boycott the club. The stadium should be empty every weekend.

Let's see what happens.

Jesus ...

So we're preparing to be depressed even if we do land someone good.

Man, even I can't sign up for that.

I think your logic is completely wrong by the way. The manager will be involved in the identifying of players, but other factors will be taken into account, Ultimately he will get the type he wants, if not necessarily the very individual he might always prefer.

The structure isn't only suitable for yes men as you imply. You're just wrong. Getting to buy your own players isn't the be all and end all like people in this country feel it is.

It's not like we buy rubbish players either. It's the one thing we currently do well. If Pardew wasn't such an asshole Yanga-Mbiwa, Marveaux and Ben-Arfa would all still be here, and how much better would the squad look for it?

We just need a manager that can appreciate and use the types of players we are bringing  in. I imagine a lot of managers would actually look at the players we sign and would think they could definitely work with that quality.

I do not agree at all that if the right man who is comfortable with the setup and the quality of players we get comes in, he will be looking to run off to any other situation where he can buy his players. Rubbish.

Agree with Kaka here, in Europe most coaches work under very similar constraints. Also Charnley has said the manager does have input into the players we buy, just not the final say. With Pardew you can understand why that restriction was in place otherwise we'd have Gary Bent cooling his heels here by now.

The bit where he says we will know more about where we stand by the end of the week suggests to me that there is something in the rumours of Garde deciding if he's coming now and waiting until the summer to bring the rest of his staff in or just waiting until the end of the season.

Could be something in that actually, perhaps they've made an offer to someone and E having to wait for an answer by the end of the week. Unlikely mind.

Carver is now favourite again, based no doubt on Charnley's latest comments:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/newcastle/next-permanent-manager

They'll be desperate for him to win a few games so they can just give it to him full time.

Honestly, having read that interview it doesn't sound like they want to give it to him particularly. He just doesn't fit the criteria they described as far as qualifications go.