Hull City 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/01/2015 - Post match reaction from page 36

BlueStar

Didn't see the full game but based on the highlights we didn't seem to create much. Would that be a fair assessment? All the goals were individual 'magic'/lucky. We still aren't creating anything as a team

Didn't see the full game but based on the highlights we didn't seem to create much. Would that be a fair assessment? All the goals were individual 'magic'/lucky. We still aren't creating anything as a team

Generally true, especially in the first half. Ayoze had a couple of chances and we also had another couple of situations where a player took the wrong option. But yeah, loads of work to do in general.

Very fair assessment i would say. Couple of crosses from Haidara and Janmaat that Ayoze got on the end of but couldn't finish. Our possession play at the back and midfield was decent today, but then again our midfield was up against no marks like Huddlestone, Meyler and Livermore.

Anita and Colback just don't create much and Sissoko was quiet, think that was the main reason we weren't that impressive today. Also our defense panicked too much. If it weren't for their mistakes our forwards would not have got the ball from our players.

Deserved result against a poor and unmotivated Hull side.

The movement off the ball was 100% better than during 9/10s of Pardew's tenure and we looked a far better side for it. The weaknesses in the side are obvious...CB and CF, where Perez always works his socks off but needs a PL standard CF to play off in order to get the best from him. We are living on borrowed time with Colo although he remains a good footballer - his legs are starting to go. We all know about Williamson...

Both FBs were good - Haidara and Janmaat both come forward really well and are confident on the ball and Haidara is adding more defensive stability to his game now - if he continues in this vein he will be a good player. Anita's perception and reading of the game, together with his ability to come out of defence with the ball takes some of the strain off the back 4 and Ameobi scored what could turn out to be one of his career best...it could also be vitally important in keeping us out of a relegation fight.

All in all, better to watch, relief of some pressure at the bottom and a breathing space.

As I said before the match, Hull are an embarrassment and have been for the majority of the season. It is good to see NUFC take advantage of a poor side for once though, usually this club struggles in that situation. I am actually fairly optimistic about the rest of the season, tbh. The team is unbalanced and has some glaring holes, but also a lot of decent players. With the likes of Santon, Aarons, Tiote, Abeid, and Cisse coming back from injury or int'l duty with people playing decently in their place, there will be genuine competition for places and futures at the club. The manager is an idiot, but I think the last part of the season still will be more enjoyable than the first.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/462566538-newcastle-uniteds-english-manager-john-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qcgbr43VhrxjLXCHWpt5DhOrE7UnnNK6ovrlsFGiNjYK9%2B8CVzXESPhLnLD1aCyH2w%3D%3D

wat

As I said before the match, Hull are an embarrassment and have been for the majority of the season. It is good to see NUFC take advantage of a poor side for once though, usually this club struggles in that situation. I am actually fairly optimistic about the rest of the season, tbh. The team is unbalanced and has some glaring holes, but also a lot of decent players. With the likes of Santon, Aarons, Tiote, Abeid, and Cisse coming back from injury or int'l duty with people playing decently in their place, there will be genuine competition for places and futures at the club. The manager is an idiot, but I think the last part of the season still will be more enjoyable than the first.

Pretty much how I feel at this point. There will be absolutely shocking games, no doubt. But i'm more hopeful than I was under the last manager that we can put poor teams to the sword.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/462566538-newcastle-uniteds-english-manager-john-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qcgbr43VhrxjLXCHWpt5DhOrE7UnnNK6ovrlsFGiNjYK9%2B8CVzXESPhLnLD1aCyH2w%3D%3D

wat

This reminds me of me and my Dad.

I'm same age as Cabella and the father is same age as Carver.