Rangers - Lambeezy kicked off board

Guest Recoba

So it turns out that Ashley owns that much of rangers that they are seriously considering changing the club badge, strip, mascot ect to basically start again so that the commercial income no longer goes straight to sports direct.

Rangers go off in a new direction and Ashley is left with a dead duck, this sort of move will depend totally on the fans but it's something I would love to see happen

It seems they're putting a lot of thought into shafting the b******.

Well that would be amazing, especially if they default on the money they owe him as well :lol:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-board-launches-probe-after-5487885?

I read (maybe on the Chronicle comments section) that he has done something similar with us although as he is the owner, I guess it is within his rights  but could be an indication of complications should there be a buyer for the club.

It won't be so simple. He can't say to us that we can't use black and white stripes because he has the rights to it, that would be like saying Notts county can't either, though he may own the right to specific strips. If he wants the rights to the logo then go ahead, I bet their a ton of designers out there who could come up with a simple variation of our current one.

So it turns out that Ashley owns that much of rangers that they are seriously considering changing the club badge, strip, mascot ect to basically start again so that the commercial income no longer goes straight to sports direct.

Rangers go off in a new direction and Ashley is left with a dead duck, this sort of move will depend totally on the fans but it's something I would love to see happen

It seems they're putting a lot of thought into shafting the b******.

Well that would be amazing, especially if they default on the money they owe him as well :lol:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-board-launches-probe-after-5487885?

I read (maybe on the Chronicle comments section) that he has done something similar with us although as he is the owner, I guess it is within his rights  but could be an indication of complications should there be a buyer for the club.

It won't be so simple. He can't say to us that we can't use black and white stripes because he has the rights to it, that would be like saying Notts county can't either, though he may own the right to specific strips. If he wants the rights to the logo then go ahead, I bet their a ton of designers out there who could come up with a simple variation of our current one.

I'm getting one made up at the moment using the Nike teamwear black-and-white striped shirt, official club patch, and the 'ashley fu*k off' alternative sponsor's patch. Looks absolutely mint - and not one single cent for fatty.

We'll discover that the SD advertising is wrapped up in a 100 year, £1 a year contract or something similar...

you joke but if ashley ever considered us do you think he'd just let us go and then have to pay for PL advertising?

No joking; deadly earnest.

I have no doubt the only reason the shonky deals at Rangers have come to light is because of the rival manoeuvrings on their board. That doesn't exist here - he's got a free rein to do all sorts of evil shit like this

Guest chopey

Sfa fining Ashley five and a half thousand pounds for breaching their rules

I'm sure that's him told!

Poor soul, I bet that extra £500 means he struggles to pay his gas meter this week

• 3 months later...

Just seen this piece sky are running whereby they've sent Jim White out to South Africa to go to Dave King's mansion and interview him. The guy has got 35,000 bottles of wine in his cellar :lol:

Didn't know anything about him until I've just looked him up on Wiki. He was indicted on 322 counts of fraud, tax evasion, money-laundering and racketeering. Just imagine your club being owned by him and the money from every kit or scarf you buy going to Mike Ashley :lol:

No wonder people have become disillusioned with the game!