Rangers - Lambeezy kicked off board

Guest Recoba

Speaking to the BBC, Stuart McCall:

“If you take the four lads from Newcastle, who probably won’t kick a ball for us, out of the equation, it’s not as big a squad as you’d imagine.”

What a farce :lol:

Are they all long term injuries? I'm fairly sure Ferguson still plays for N Ireland and i have no idea what the story is with Bigi

Guest Roger Kint

I wonder if we knew they would be out for the rest of the season and just did this to get them off the wage bill.  It seems really dodgy.

:lol: Aye with Rangers famously cash rich these days compared to us that makes more sense than Ashley trying to get his other team promoted on the sly

Guest Roger Kint

It's in Ashley's interests for Rangers to keep running out of cash.

Its pretty obvious that they dont pay a penny for them though. Why else have they not been sent back if they arent going to play?

Its pretty obvious that they dont pay a penny for them though. Why else have they not been sent back if they arent going to play?

I had assumed that we were paying their wages but then read that Rangers were (which would be ridiculous as there is no way they can afford them) but Ashley's loan was helping them to do that.

I guess the truth will come out in due course once the new board gets to grips with things.

I'm not sure that you can terminate cross-boarder loans

Guest Roger Kint

Any idea where the fuck our other 4 players than we loaned to them are? haven't seen or heard anything about Shane Ferguson all season.

At a rough guess sidelined with injury as already pointed out a fair bit

I wonder if he suffered more Pardewitis Carvemonia than he could handle.

I wonder if he suffered more Pardewitis Carvemonia than he could handle.

So many crocks in our squad.

Guest antz1uk

this is what happens when you go rummaging around the bargain bins. we sign players like those tins you find in supermarkets (well iceland and the likes) without any fucking labels on.

utter shambles.

this is what happens when you go rummaging around the bargain bins. we sign players like those tins you find in supermarkets (well iceland and the likes) without any fucking labels on.

utter shambles.

That really doesn't have anything to do with this situation. You can maybe aim that at Mbabu, but Streete & Ferguson are from the academy while vuckic was wanted by bigger clubs than us when we signed him and Bigi looked a steal when he first arrived, I think everyone would agree we've badly managed him.

Guest antz1uk

this is what happens when you go rummaging around the bargain bins. we sign players like those tins you find in supermarkets (well iceland and the likes) without any f***ing labels on.

utter shambles.

That really doesn't have anything to do with this situation. You can maybe aim that at Mbabu, but Streete & Ferguson are from the academy while vuckic was wanted by bigger clubs than us when we signed him and Bigi looked a steal when he first arrived, I think everyone would agree we've badly managed him.

everything to do with this club is a shambles, no matter what way you sugar coat it, the fact that we badly manage everything we touch speaks volumes, i'm fed up to the back teeth of this club making me feel a complete fucking embarrasment for supporting it. Sunday league pub teams are ran better than this shower of shit

this is what happens when you go rummaging around the bargain bins. we sign players like those tins you find in supermarkets (well iceland and the likes) without any f***ing labels on.

utter shambles.

everything to do with this club is a shambles, no matter what way you sugar coat it, the fact that we badly manage everything we touch speaks volumes, i'm fed up to the back teeth of this club making me feel a complete fucking embarrasment for supporting it. Sunday league pub teams are ran better than this shower of shit

There's no sugar coating here, we all feel the same about this club, however these signings weren't bargain bin signings which was the point you made. If you said that about Obertan, elliot, Williamson, Marveux, Amalfitano, rivière, gouffran etc...I'd agree with you, but as I pointed out above that isn't the case with those on loan at rangers.

The 5 loan moves and the circumstances around again are fishy, dodgy,and strange, especially if Bigi is out for the season and they knew that already; but I wasn't arguing against that either.

THE Board of Rangers International Football Club PLC has accepted loans totalling £1.5m from Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor. The funds are unsecured, interest free and no fees are payable.

The Board is delighted with this show of support.

The group has stepped in as the full extent of the financial damage caused by every regime over the last four years becomes clear.

However, Rangers interim Chairman Paul Murray wishes to assure fans their Club will recover fully despite those years of gross mismanagement.

Mr Murray, who has been studying various contracts closely since he and fellow Directors John Gilligan, Douglas Park and John Bennett gained control on March 6, said: “Many of the people who have occupied the Ibrox Boardroom during that period should be ashamed of themselves for the parts they played in dragging this great institution towards near financial ruin.

“It is actually difficult to look closely at the Club's finances and understand the rationale behind some of the decisions taken.

“Let me give just two examples of the recklessness displayed by those who were removed from office just more than two weeks ago. One is the amount - in the region of £300,000 - spent on a needless General Meeting and the other is the signing of five Newcastle loan players without medicals.

“This is simply appalling.”

The investment from the trio, who have become known as the Three Bears, secures the immediate future and will allow the new Board to continue their damage analysis before putting together their medium to long-term funding package. “We hope to present this package in the coming weeks but I want to thank George, Douglas and George who continue to demonstrate their commitment to the Club,” Mr Murray added.

The acting Chairman also pointed out that Dave King will be given the opportunity to invest in the Club in the weeks ahead. “He is not doing so at the moment,” Mr Murray pointed out “because, as we have said, we respect the processes of the SFA and must wait until they have completed their review of Dave's status before he can fully participate in the future of the Club.

“After that we will be inviting him to invest alongside the gentlemen who have just provided today's facility and others who are also willing to invest.

“We can and we will rebuild the Club and this £1.5m investment is Stage One of the process.”

It can also be revealed that Rangers will not now be progressing the drawdown of the second tranche of the Sports Direct facility.

Mr Murray was emphatic when he said: "We have already made it clear we are happy to engage with Sports Direct but the Board has decided against drawing down the second £5m tranche of Sports Direct's £10m loan.

“We are still in the process of reviewing all of the contractual relationships that Sports Direct has with the Club and we hope to conclude this review very shortly.”

I'm amazed that Ashley hasn't just rolled Rangers over and bummed them TBH, it's refreshing to see.

The last sentence seems critical, can't see them sticking with the commercial relationships if it means all their shirts sales etc go to Sports Direct.

Remie Streete came and played the first game and pulled his hamstring, was out for a couple of weeks then came back and pulled his thigh. And he’s had an ear infection on top of that.

They're all like Maris from Frasier ffs. :lol:

Bigirimana has a long-standing, unspecified medical condition from before he went to Rangers yet he played for our reserves on the day he signed for them (albeit off the bench), and had been playing 90 minutes for them regularly in the weeks beforehand.

Nothing suspicious there.