North Shields win FA Vase

Crumpy Gunt

Got about 250 going down to Highworth Town (near Swindon) this Saturday.

Two games from being yet another NE team to represent the region in the Vase at Wembley.

Any coast bases supporters fancy making the trip we are getting close to making a third coach possible. A cracking day out and a pound change off £40 for coach and match ticket. Or, you could watch a soulless NUFC get pummelled off Arsenal.

Must admit I'm enjoying the craic at Shields games.

Nice 0-1 away win sets up the second leg nicely. Shields deserved their win - on an awful pitch.

The delay at HT was for the lad who fell and bashed his head. It happened right in front of me. Lad was out cold for about 20 mins. Physio's from both teams attended to him. When he did stir he wasn't very clever. The right decision was to get an ambulance. Second half was delayed 35 mins or so.

Thee was bother in the Club house. Over zealous stewarding and a bit of in fighting. The trouble was stopped by other Shields supporters. The stewards totally incapable.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled in a crowd of 1,453 for their match against Whitley Bay tonight.

I think they sold their full allocation of tickets as well. Anyone else wanting a ticket will have to buy direct from the FA. I think the total amount of tickets sold now stands at over 3,200 for the North Shields end.

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's North Shields' day and should have bugger all to do with our farce of a club, plus expense etc, but it'd be some message if thousands of Newcastle fans went down to support these instead of the WBA match this weekend.

We still have half a dozen seats on our coaches.

Leaving 5am from outside The Spring Gardens. All are welcome.

Guaranteed a good day out. Heading to The Torch upon arrival in London.

Drop a PM if interested £35. Tickets (£15 adult) are available on the day.