The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

First of all - get your facts right about Dortmund. They won 3 in a row prior to the first leg and were unbeaten in the next four before the 2nd leg. And oh, they conceded no goals in those four games. Just to remind you, the result was 3-0 to Juventus, in Dortmund.

It is true that Juventus are expected to be here, but I have never claimed that Allegri's is a "special" manager, he's just a good manager who can get better.

Secondly - How many games are played on fucking paper? Fuck all, obviously. Monaco were meant to be easy on paper for Arsenal. That argument is shit and certainly doesn't wash.

Thirdly - Vidal, Pogba and Tevez are world class? Yes, they are! But so is Ronaldo, Bale, Ramos, Messi, Suarez, etc. What's your fucking point? That managers in charge of good players shouldn't be rated highly? Or maybe they need to win the CL before they should be rated highly?! In that case, who is a good fucking manager? :lol: Apart from Mourinho with Porto, name one manger that has won a strong competition with a group of players that don't have a world class core?

Fourthly - Conte's were more convincing in the league than Allegri's? Interesting that you mention "the league" here! :lol: What's Conte's record in the CL like? Not that I think he's a bad manager, but I think it's obvious why you only mentioned his record in the league. :lol:

And anyway, Juve being more convincing in the league under Conte could be because the league was weaker, no? Not saying it was and not saying it wasn't. It's just an example to show that it is not as simple as that.

Talking about simple, your whole opinion about this certainly was.

To answer your question Conte got to the quarter finals in his first year, only to run into a dominant Bayern. Yes he failed the 2nd season and was rightly criticised for it.

I'm sorry I just don't like praising managers for doing their job.

Interviewer right in there about Europa League being a threat to their success next season. Ronald Koeman absolutely not having it.

Amazing how everyone in this country has just bought into that terribly negative mindset about Europe.

Interviewer right in there about Europa League being a threat to their success next season. Ronald Koeman absolutely not having it.

Amazing how everyone in this country has just bought into that terribly negative mindset about Europe.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

1. Dortmund has had trouble all season, while they seemed to be turning it around their team isn't much better than Juventus and they still got away with a chance from Turin. Good win for Juve no doubt, not debating that. For the 2nd leg they lost a bit in form in the league. They were playing okish football but were unable to produce anything of note going forward. Obviously they had the same problem against Juve, but it was also a great goal from Tevez and then defensive errors which made the score 3-0.

2. Obviously you are right you don't win on papers, but at the same time expectations are different when you're team is stronger.

3. It's obviously here where we differ in ideas, if I only looked at results and not performances I would probably think Allegri is some kind of genius, unfortunately his team is less convincing than Conte despite the players they have. Obviously I haven't followed Juventus intensely this season but they haven't impressed when I have. He has relied heavily on Tevez offensively, just like he did with Zlatan at Milan. Let's not forget that my main point is that this Juventus side is worse than the one under Conte.

4. What Mole posted above.

As for the league being weaker, it's not true, the league is weaker now. They went unbeaten in a season under Allegri's Milan side which included Zlatan and Thiago Silva as their star player. Clearly the two best players in the Serie A at the time.

I respect your opinion, I don't agree with it. I think Allegri has done what is expected from his squad. I'm not the only one who has this ''simple'' opinion though.

To answer your question Conte got to the quarter finals in his first year, only to run into a dominant Bayern. Yes he failed the 2nd season and was rightly criticised for it.

I'm sorry I just don't like praising managers for doing their job.

:thup:

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The funny thing about this is looking at the coefficients, if English teams continue to fail in the Europa League then they risk losing a CL place in a couple of years.

There are more managers whose 'job' it was to get the the quarter and semi finals than those who did.

And those have been criticized as well. Pep was being killed just a week or so ago despite his team dominating German football and only had one bad game. Expectations are higher when your team is better. My biggest criticism is that I clearly don't find him a very good manager (Allegri) and that I find his Juve side despite going further than they did under Conte worse.

There are more managers whose 'job' it was to get the the quarter and semi finals than those who did.

And those have been criticized as well. Pep was being killed just a week or so ago despite his team dominating German football and only had one bad game. Expectations are higher when your team is better. My biggest criticism is that I clearly don't find him a very good manager (Allegri) and that I find his Juve side despite going further than they did under Conte worse.

Pep's bayern and this Juve side are not comparable at all.

In terms of players definitely not, but in terms of expectations they're a bit the same. If Bayern doesn't win the CL he'll be criticized, the same way I believe Allegri would had he not taken his Juve side to the semi considering the draw he got.

I feel like I've never cared so little about other European clubs. I don't know if that's age, moving to the U.S., disillusionment with football or all of the above.

I've never cared more for European football than now since I packed it in regarding Newcastle over 18 months ago. Watch less and less PL football nowadays and more Bundesliga and La Liga than ever.

I mainly watch them because I hate watching us tbh

:thup: Main reason for watching other teams. I just get depressed watching us and usually give up after 20minutes. Other teams playing decent football at least brings some enjoyment.