The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

God, we were truly truly pathetic.

I never thought I'd see a more spineless FA Cup final performance than ours in 2000 but that today was 10 times as bad. Arsenal would have beaten most teams today, but we made it so easy for them. Standing around fucking moaning when we misplaced passes, drove me nuts.

Sherwood has said tonight there are a lot of them who will be on their way this summer, and frankly, good.

We got a great new manager bounce when Sherwood arrived and started to play some decent stuff, and there's no doubt it isn't a relegation squad, but by the same measure, we've had two reminders the last two league games that there is a losing mentality at the club.

Seeing Lerner sat there laughing and joking as we went three down made me want to smash his fucking face in.

We need new owners, toute de suite, and a massive, expensive overhaul this summer or we will continue to be shit.

That was actually fucking embarassing.

The only way it could have been worse woudl have been if I'd stumped up 600 notes for a ticket. Reading our forums tonight, it seems there have been an awful lot of people who did just that, only to turn up today and have their tickets rejected as they were fakes.

I think if that had happened to me, I'd probably have killed someone at some point today.

Guest firetotheworks

What the fuck are they getting pissed off about? They're 3-1 up with a few minutes to go, absolutely nowt wrong with that. Ronaldinho built his career on things like that.

Ronaldinho built his career on being a brilliant player

No shit. Next week - Rocket Science. :lol:

I never thought I'd see a more spineless FA Cup final performance than ours in 2000 but that today was 10 times as bad. Arsenal would have beaten most teams today, but we made it so easy for them. Standing around fucking moaning when we misplaced passes, drove me nuts.

Sherwood has said tonight there are a lot of them who will be on their way this summer, and frankly, good.

We got a great new manager bounce when Sherwood arrived and started to play some decent stuff, and there's no doubt it isn't a relegation squad, but by the same measure, we've had two reminders the last two league games that there is a losing mentality at the club.

Seeing Lerner sat there laughing and joking as we went three down made me want to smash his fucking face in.

We need new owners, toute de suite, and a massive, expensive overhaul this summer or we will continue to be shit.

On the plus side, you saved yourself a fortune.

On the plus side, you saved yourself a fortune.

:snod:

See above.

What the f*** are they getting p*ssed off about? They're 3-1 up with a few minutes to go, absolutely nowt wrong with that. Ronaldinho built his career on things like that.

Ronaldinho was miles worse tbh, used to juggle the ball along his neck while defenders where trying to foul him :lol:

Tbh last time I checked footballers are supposed to entertain, for some reason though Spanish defenders in general seem to find it offensive.

They all need to grow up IMO.

I'm not even entertaining the debate that there's anyone in history better than him anymore. There's absolutely f*** all else he can possibly do to prove it.

Win something at senior level with Argentina at least. Think he might get his first this summer though, Argentina are huge favourites.

Winning things depends on your teammates though, he's still the best ever.

Yeah poor guy having to rely on Di Maria, Aguero, Higuain, Tevez, Masch, Riquelme over the years :lol: Let's be honest, he is one of the best (in many opinion the best) of all times. But you can't take away the fact that his career on the international level hasn't been close to being successful considering he's played in one of the most talented Argentinian sides of all times.

Argentina aren't all that. Messi, as an individual player, is the best ever.

Yeah the first part isn't true. But I'll let it be, Messi has been at times poor for the national side while he's almost always great for Barcelona. His international play on an individual level has been nowhere near what he produces for Barcelona tbf. Doesn't take away the fact he's by far and I mean BY FAR the best player in the world.

Don't buy this 'having to win something at international level'  to prove your class.

Messi is the greatest of all time, just an unbelievable player. Goals like he scored last night are almost considered normal for him, he's on a different planet.

Stephane Guivarc'h won a world cup though.

Don't buy this 'having to win something at international level'  to prove your class.

Messi is the greatest of all time, just an unbelievable player. Goals like he scored last night are almost considered normal for him, he's on a different planet.

And that's clearly your opinion which there's nothing wrong with. But walk around in central Buenos Aires and ask what they think about their own player? Most would probably say Maradona has an edge because he brought a World Cup to them. In the end everyone see it different. Messi for me is the best player I've seen despite not winning a World Cup.

The International argument is fairly pointless though. If you play for a massive club you can buy the World's best players and that's obviously going to help the best players win trophies. At International level, you're kind of stuck with a certain set of players and you can't do it all yourself.

The International argument is fairly pointless though. If you play for a massive club you can buy the World's best players and that's obviously going to help the best players win trophies. At International level, you're kind of stuck with a certain set of players and you can't do it all yourself.

:thup: George Best was a really good player but the rest of the team weren't, for example.

:thup: George Best was a really good player but the rest of the team weren't, for example.

As if you can compare Messi's Argentina to that :lol:

And that's clearly your opinion which there's nothing wrong with. But walk around in central Buenos Aires and ask what they think about their own player? Most would probably say Maradona has an edge because he brought a World Cup to them. In the end everyone see it different. Messi for me is the best player I've seen despite not winning a World Cup.

:thup: Fair point

As if you can compare Messi's Argentina to that :lol:

Exactly like I wasn't. :lol: