NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

Posted (edited)

I went up to the club store this morning after seeing how my sized shirt when it arrives will have those black tusks visible on the sides when it arrives.

Anyway, I ended up walking out with a size smaller in the players edition shirt, with the intention of sending my fans edition online order back when it arrives.

It actually fits me, although it shows a little curve too much, it fits, but my intention is to lose weight, and if the prospect of getting into my NUFC helps me, then it will be worth it.

Edited by Stifler

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TK-421 said:

It's definitely King Street Social Clerb, even says it right at the start of the BTS video.

They also filmed the Adidas promo at King St Clerb when we signed the deal 

Bruno was asking Fender “is this place a really famous venue for Geordies ?”

For those that don’t know, the cricket bat off licence is just over the road from the clerb

And the Seventeen Going Under video was filmed on the next street down from the cricket bat off licence

And top house and techno DJ’s come from all over the UK to play the upstairs room at King St Clerb 

#keepitShields 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Do they still have kits left or have they sold out? 

Loads in all sizes of the regular shirt, basically half the shop full.

Not so much left in the player version, I got the last XL, there were two XXL’s left, although someone picked one of them up when I was there. A rack or so of the other sizes.

Only about 5 left in total of the women’s version.

Hardly any of the white training/coaches stuff left, but a bit more of the red versions.

Edited by Stifler

Just now, Stifler said:

Loads in all sizes of the regular shirt, basically half the shop full.

Not so much left in the player version, I got the last XL, there were two XXL’s left, although someone picked one of them up when I was there. A a rack or so of the sizes.

Only about 5 left in total of the women’s version.

Hardly any of the white training/coaches stuff left, but a bit more of the red versions.

Good stuff, will pop up tomorrow for a look. 

this regular and player version is niggling me a bit.  

A replica shirt should be a replica of the players shirt.  Playing 80 quid for a shirt that, although nice, is not the players shirt doesn’t feel right.  So then to actually get a replica it costs 110 quid.  I get inflation and all but I’m old and 40 quid always felt about right.  60-80 ok I get it things are more expensive. But 110 is expensive!

anyway it’s just a a niggle. I went for the players version as ı preferred the look of it.  I guess as long as everyone knows what they’re buying it’s not a big deal.  And the video was class!

13 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

A replica shirt should be a replica of the players shirt.  Playing 80 quid for a shirt that, although nice, is not the players shirt doesn’t feel right.  So then to actually get a replica it costs 110 quid.  I get inflation and all but I’m old and 40 quid always felt about right.  60-80 ok I get it things are more expensive. But 110 is expensive!

anyway it’s just a a niggle. I went for the players version as ı preferred the look of it.  I guess as long as everyone knows what they’re buying it’s not a big deal.  And the video was class!

Players version looks better with the more prominent gold on crest I reckon.

50 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I went up to the club store yesterday after seeing how my sized shirt when it arrives will have those black tusks visible on the sides when it arrives.

Anyway, I ended up walking out with a size smaller in the players edition shirt, with the intention of sending my fans edition online order back when it arrives.

It actually fits me, although it shows a little curve too much, it fits, but my intention is to lose weight, and if the prospect of getting into my NUFC helps me, then it will be worth it.

Worried about this now, I’m an L, is the tusk on L’s?

21 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

It's as cynical as it gets; exploiting the massive interest in football shirts has gradually become normalised over the last twenty years. Personalisation was the start, then blank backs, cheaper materials, going from a shirt every two years to every one, multiple kits a year, dumbing down the iconography, player version vs fan version. Could go on, really. 

I think this kit is okay but I honestly think expectations have absolutely plummeted over time, too. If this one came along immediately after 01-03, for instance, people would be wondering wtf had happened. There certainly wouldn't have been a queue to Haymarket.

26 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

No. On the XL it only slightly shows by the trim at the bottom, but looks more like stripes. You can’t see it at all on the L from what I saw. The XXL is a different story, basically looks like a different shirt.

The women's shirts are bad for it after the smaller sizes. 

Having 2 design versions is just wrong. May as well get a DHGate knock off if we’re being asked to pay £80 for what could be described as an official knock off.

I’ll not be buying either. I’m not paying £80 for a top we won’t be wearing and £110 is way too much.

Seen a few of the new tops out and about today like and have to say I'm not a fan. Black numbers don't look good. Misaligned noon badge on sleeve and the massive white patch on back. Oh and the dhgate patch crest is not great either. But each to their own.

Posted (edited)

The prices of these for kids are a total piss take and just money grabbing by football clubs and manufacturers.

£60 and that's without vat FFS.

Edited by El Prontonise

Hopefully the away keeper kit is a better colour, Real Madrid have it in light blue and it looks so much better, as does Germany’s in black.

IMG_6349.thumb.jpeg.a6b911580ea8719d9484f9225b772607.jpeg

44 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

The prices of these for kids are a total piss take and just money grabbing by football clubs and manufacturers.

£60 and that's without vat FFS.

Kids shirts aren’t subject to VAT.

A woman and her husband who used to come into my work when I worked in retail used to come in every single day decked head to toe in Liverpool stuff. I mean hats and socks, everything.

I worked there for 7 years, literally every single day, always dressed like that.

If you lived or went to Whitley Bay frequently, you would probably have seen them.

Anyway I’ve just saw her in Tesco in North Shields, and she’s now wearing Newcastle stuff.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

That’s the point he’s making

£60 for a pipsqueak sized shirt and price doesn’t even include VAT

14 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Just saw a pic of someone holding the shirt out and it looks shit with these weird bits on the side. I don't see it in the pics on IG. Is that only on larger sizes or something?

Here from 5:18

edit:

aye looks like larger size has fitted an extra weird stripe in

edit again:

I guess that’s what Shadow P talking about above 

I looked today and this feature seems to start slightly at size L, and more obvious at XL-up. (Good for me as I’m an S)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

The extra white stripe that causes that effect is very slightly on the L, I don’t think it’s much of an issue on the L. 

Edited by Superior Acuña

7 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

That’s the point he’s making

£60 for a pipsqueak sized shirt and price doesn’t even include VAT

Aye, it’s a fair point.

47 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Hopefully the away keeper kit is a better colour, Real Madrid have it in light blue and it looks so much better, as does Germany’s in black.

IMG_6349.thumb.jpeg.a6b911580ea8719d9484f9225b772607.jpeg

https://www.just-keepers.com/clothing/goalkeeper-apparel/adidas-gk-kits/12806_adidas-tiro-24-pro-long-sleeve-goalkeeper-jersey.html

Theres a good chance given the home is just off the shelf like all the other adidas keeper kits for 24/25.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yes I said that's £60 without vat.

:thup:

Edit: Saw your post above now.

Edited by El Prontonise