NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Hope they do a remake of the orange and dark blue, and the shiney light blue kits over the next couple of years 

Aye I won’t be getting Inches and 12 on the back of any shiny blue recreation this time, unlike my 19 year old wildly optimistic (or deceptive) self did back in the day 😂

Gonna take some heat here but I just don’t like them. They aren’t even good imitations of the old shirts and they have those stupid fangs on it. 

Yeah they're not bad at all.

Always hard to compare against the old school, but they're pretty inoffensive.

29 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

No trefoil, no deal. Fairly unenthusiastic about them tbh, they'll probably look good on though 

Tbf Was never  really stated any where that our 3rd kit was gonna have the trefoil ? I know that the majority of "elite" Adidas teams will sport the logo on their 3rd kits... but Was it not reported a few months ago that our 3rd kit was gonna have the Adidas "equipment" logo ? 

From these leaks, just looks like the regular adidas logo.... they look class though in fairness 

Posted (edited)

If the shorts were cream I'd love the 95/96 top. Yet I'd never buy the shorts anyway...something psychological going on there

Edited by Kid Icarus

23 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

They’re absolutely lush, can’t believe anyone would complain about them.

Could hand them out for free and some of our lot would twist. 

Why would the retro collection have the trefoil but the kit itself does not? Shouldn’t annoy me but it does. 

1 hour ago, Novocastrian said:

The New Era caps and bobbles are back in stock on the club site. Including the natty ‘NUFC’ badged one.

Cheers for that. Been after the round NUFC badge one since it came out and went OOS

Those shirts are okay but I'm not convinced our designer at adidas has a firm grasp on our history. Yeah we all love the 95-96 away, but its already been redone fairly recently (and quite well) by Puma.

As for that third shirt - how many people actually have fond memories of that? Ruud Guillit and an 11th place finish. And their use of retro badges just seems completely random to me. The 70s-80s badge on the home which is a tribute to the 01-03 shirt makes no sense. And the round NUFn badge belongs on a silver/grey shirt - exactly like this years adidas Real Madrid 3rd shirt in fact. That would have been absolutely perfect and a tribute to genuinely happy times.

I do appreciate that they look like the've used cream on the colour of the away tho, big thumbs up to that. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Jack27 said:

No trefoil? Not very elite 

Leicester, Leeds, Ajax and Celtic have all recently launched and they dont have Authentic shirts so we are definitely a tier abive them.

However, as well as not having the trefoil on our 3rd shirts we just have a generic hangtag, while the big five (Man U, Arsenal, Juve, Bayern and Madrid) have bespoke club hangtags. We also dont yet appear on the banner on the international adidas webpage like those five do.

So it looks like we are Elite level, rather than God level to me.

Edited by Harry 209

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

As for that third shirt - how many people actually have fond memories of that? Ruud Guillit and an 11th place finish

I’ve been quite critical of Adidas but let’s be honest judging by the last 2 seasons and who our owners are I imagine their remit was either the away or third kit had to be green & white and if that’s the case they haven’t done too badly. Personally I’d have preferred all 3 kits to have a semblance of originality but they have went down the throw back route. 

Edited by gdm