NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Think the 3rd strip should have official badge and trefoil would be much better. If we were going to use the NUFC badge it should have been with a silver strip like original.

Seems to be the trend that 3rd or away tops have an alternative badge. Loads of clubs have done it this year 

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Make something original, and just bring back the original 95/6 away kit in the retro range. 

I don't think there's any problem with them leaning on tradition, it's that what they've come up with is unbelievably boring and lazy that's the problem. If they'd nailed it we'd all love it.

Honestly I think even if they'd done cream shorts it would have been class, but they got rid of what was good about it in the first place 

Edited by Kid Icarus

I'm not entirely sure what the complaints are, when Puma were out there giving us zany designs with poor fabric - the comments all centred around the question of why can't we get something simple and elegant. When we have that, it's apparently 'boring.'

It's not even like adidas have given us a basic t-shirt and added the logo like Nike tend to do with their teams (see Spurs). There's actually some gradients on our third kit, and it looks good. 

image.thumb.png.3646c83c5f5fac0b5f7f3c23b30d0011.png

1 hour ago, gdm said:

imagine castore did that :lol:

To be fair, we've come a long way. We're now complaining that our adidas-made third shit, featuring the old retro NUFC crest and a huge revenue-generating sponsor, has gone on sale too early on the JD Sports website in Australia.

It's only a couple of years ago that our giant number 4 Castore shirt with falling off £2.50 per year gambling sponsorship was launched with a 'form an orderly queue' facepalm tweet and liked by 6 mouth breathers in Byker. 

Quite like the third one. Having been in the Nike and Adidas stores in Berlin during the Euros though, I was quite surprised the difference in quality between the ‘replica’ and the ‘authentic’ versions of each top. Assuming that will be the same here. 

2 minutes ago, Cort said:

I'm not entirely sure what the complaints are, when Puma were out there giving us zany designs with poor fabric - the comments all centred around the question of why can't we get something simple and elegant. When we have that, it's apparently 'boring.'

It's not even like adidas have given us a basic t-shirt and added the logo like Nike tend to do with their teams (see Spurs). There's actually some gradients on our third kit, and it looks good. 

image.thumb.png.3646c83c5f5fac0b5f7f3c23b30d0011.png

What a weird way to look at it. I take every shirt on its own merit and in my opinion they are boring regardless of what Puma used to do. 

The home is as boring as it gets in as much as it’s the exact same as 90% of all adidas stripped shirts but in black and white. Union Berlin for example has the exact same shirt but in yellow and white and I just don’t get adidas obsession with the stupid fangs

the away is fine but it’s so bad if we are comparing it to what it’s meant to be compared to the 1996 shirt. Even down to the shade of the blue & red/burgandy. In all honesty Puma did a better reimagining of this shirt than adidas have 

The 3rd shirt is a Saudi themed shirt made to look like a shirt from the early 2000s and let’s be honest the shirt wasn’t even that good back then. The only redeeming quality imo is the alternative badge

the training kits…the magpie feather top aside the training gear is all generic adidas kit that you can probably buy without the crest on at half the price. 

Just my opinion 

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

To be fair, we've come a long way. We're now complaining that our adidas-made third shit, featuring the old retro NUFC crest and a huge revenue-generating sponsor, has gone on sale too early on the JD Sports website in Australia.

It's only a couple of years ago that our giant number 4 Castore shirt with falling off £2.50 per year gambling sponsorship was launched with a 'form an orderly queue' facepalm tweet and liked by 6 mouth breathers in Byker. 

I was just being facetious really 

19 minutes ago, Cort said:

And then they did from ~2017. Castore's home kits design wise (4 aside) were that too.

Don't see that with adidas at all. Patch on the back, the fangs, misaligned sponsors. 

As has been mentioned before, for all the PR hype, to put out a version of that away kit that looks lower effort than Big River's 5 minutes on FC Kit Creator is shite. Even then it's only a cream pair of shorts away from being decent 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, geordie_b said:

Adidas did that in 2007 with a shit daily jigsaw reveal

Yeah for both home and away if I remember correctly ? Remember 13 year me loved it too 😂 each morning going on the site on me psp at 8am to see which bit they've released today lol..... love that 3rd kit in all honesty might have to buy it lol 🙈

Think it’s hideous, TBH. Could have been really good and all. 

Unpopular opinion, but I don’t like that old crest and never have. Looks like a kids/comic book drawing. It’s too big and all. 

Not sure if it was even an option. But the Adidas logo should be the trefoil and the same colour and size as the badge, at least. 

I actually like the colours and the texture of it. But it all just looks like a random mish mash to me. 

20 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

That's all fair enough. Most of my grumbles stem from a broader irritation about the state of kits across the board, really - having to align to a poxy template, nostalgia-baiting, prices, the dumbing down of iconography. None of these issues are unique to Adidas.

But if there's one thing which is, it's that the gear looks horrendous on the players. 

State of the Belgium one:

3991931-81014328-2560-1440.thumb.jpg.a6223b7d3475838def160a499c301079.jpg

2157991548.0.thumb.jpg.bebbadb3186533afecd90b4ab4411944.jpg

We should get away with it - at least visually - thanks to the stripes, but you can still see it clinging to them:

Screenshot_20240721_122412_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ab617e8c764c001f93d2abb9fed7f947.jpg

It will be however a handy indication to determine which players are (Joelinton, Bruno, Isak, Gordon), and aren't (Longstaff, Burn if playing at leftback, the Greek keeper even though he isnt in the squad and Tonali if he doesn't replicate the performance against Rangers in a pre season friendly) trying based on how clingy the shirt is during the game.

24 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Think it’s hideous, TBH. Could have been really good and all. 

Unpopular opinion, but I don’t like that old crest and never have. Looks like a kids/comic book drawing. It’s too big and all. 

Not sure if it was even an option. But the Adidas logo should be the trefoil and the same colour and size as the badge, at least. 

I actually like the colours and the texture of it. But it all just looks like a random mish mash to me. 

I don’t like that old crest either. It was one of those 70’s style type faces that came 10 years for its time and has gone out of fashion along with avocado bathrooms.

I much prefer the logo with the magpie and castle, and I believe we’ll end up with an updated version of that. I think they have even snuck it in the background of the Eales interview as well.

Love the third kit, throwback crest. The material stuff is kinda annoying to see but I don’t really give a shit about it. Spain seemed to do more than OK with a clingy wet shirt whilst waltzing around Germany beating everyone at the euros.