NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

21 minutes ago, gdm said:

Doubt it. As I posted earlier many clubs are running with the alternative badge on the away or 3rd kit this summer notably Leeds & Everton

You mean Leeds and Everton whose owners had failed attempts at changing their crests a few years back?

I don't think anyone is claiming NUFC are unique in wanting to blur the lines of acceptability around what symbols represent the club. It's an industry-wide phenomenon.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

You mean Leeds and Everton whose owners had failed attempts at changing their crests a few years back?

I don't think anyone is claiming NUFC are unique in wanting to blur the lines of acceptability around what symbols represent the club. It's an industry-wide phenomenon.

Different Leeds owners. I mean we can just make things up if you like. There is a conscious trend this year that clubs are using alternative badges even Motherwell & Airdrie are doing it in Scotland and I’m sure people on here can point to more. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Different Leeds owners. I mean we can just make things up if you like. There is a conscious trend this year that clubs are using alternative badges even Motherwell & Airdrie are doing it in Scotland and I’m sure people on here can point to more. 

You seem to be missing my point that it's an industry-wide phenomenon. It would be weird if you couldn't find other examples. 

I'd see it as more relevant if Man City were releasing kits with the big eagle, or Chelsea were marketing the old CFC lion logo, or Tottenham were re-establishing the complications from their old crest. Are they? Maybe they are.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

You seem to be missing my point that it's an industry-wide phenomenon. It would be weird if you couldn't find other examples. 

I'd see it as more relevant if Man City were releasing kits with the big eagle, or Chelsea were marketing the old CFC lion logo, or Tottenham were re-establishing the complications from their old crest. Are they? Maybe they are.

I get your point and I disagree with your point as someone said I just think it’s def current selling point trend of putting an alternative badge-more often then not a retro one on charge kits. 

we may change our badge in the future but I seriously doubt this is the club dangling it out there  

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I get your point and I disagree with your point as someone said I just think it’s def current selling point trend of putting an alternative badge-more often then not a retro one on charge kits. 

we may change our badge in the future but I seriously doubt this is the club dangling it out there  

Taken on its own I could easily believe the third kit was just flirting with a bit of retro. I accept that's a thing to do right now. But taken in the context of other things like the late 70s logo being updated and placed ostentatiously behind Eales for his recent interview, I think there's definitely balloons being floated to see how the land lies.

We do, after all, have marketing gurus who've already notified us our current crest is not optimised for the visually impaired, so the club will be looking to rectify that (:lol:).

The execution of the badge is a bit weird on both these shirts, the Authentic has like a rigid placca badge with fake stitching on it and a weird pixelated magpie. The replica has a very thin transfer rather than embroidery but a normal magpie. There's some people that seem to absolutely love embroidered badges, in fact they demand it! Not sure what the thinking behind that was.