AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Everything you've posted there relates to media perception and what a circus we look like to other clubs which no one gives a s*** about. You've labelled people on the board fickle despite being consistent of their viewpoints and the general anti Ashley position as a Fanbase as a whole. Pardew despite your 'outlook' was in charge over periods in which we broke numerous poor club records. That's fact not opinion. His irrelevance aside, you're now attacking the same people for going after the person YOU believe is truly responsible. What point are you trying to make other than other people think we look silly? Which doesn't matter one bit. You still haven't used fickle correctly btw.

I'm not doing any of those things. I'm saying the campaign made us look fickle, which is a different thing entirely. I'm also saying the SackPardew campaign methods and strategy was suspect, and therefore those people shouldn't be put in charge of an Ashley Out effort, because they're likely to fuck it up and somehow make the situation worse, if that's possible. I have no idea what my 'outlook' is supposed to mean. Maybe you're trying to claim that because I am critical of SackPardew I must have been a fan of his? You'll never really understand my point if you're not even paying attention to what I say.

I'm not doing any of those things. I'm saying the campaign made us look fickle, which is a different thing entirely. I'm also saying the SackPardew campaign methods and strategy was suspect, and therefore those people shouldn't be put in charge of an Ashley Out effort, because they're likely to f*** it up and somehow make the situation worse, if that's possible. I have no idea what my 'outlook' is supposed to mean. Maybe you're trying to claim that because I am critical of SackPardew I must have been a fan of his? You'll never really understand my point if you're not even paying attention to what I say.

You're wrong and I'm not reading anything beyond the bit in bold.

I'm not doing any of those things. I'm saying the campaign made us look fickle, which is a different thing entirely. I'm also saying the SackPardew campaign methods and strategy was suspect, and therefore those people shouldn't be put in charge of an Ashley Out effort, because they're likely to f*** it up and somehow make the situation worse, if that's possible. I have no idea what my 'outlook' is supposed to mean. Maybe you're trying to claim that because I am critical of SackPardew I must have been a fan of his? You'll never really understand my point if you're not even paying attention to what I say.

fickle

ˈfɪk(ə)l

adjective

changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections.

I don't think I know a single person who has liked, then hated, then liked, then hated Pardew or Ahsley. Fickle isn't the word you are looking for unfortunately.

Everything you've posted there relates to media perception and what a circus we look like to other clubs which no one gives a s*** about. You've labelled people on the board fickle despite being consistent of their viewpoints and the general anti Ashley position as a Fanbase as a whole. Pardew despite your 'outlook' was in charge over periods in which we broke numerous poor club records. That's fact not opinion. His irrelevance aside, you're now attacking the same people for going after the person YOU believe is truly responsible. What point are you trying to make other than other people think we look silly? Which doesn't matter one bit. You still haven't used fickle correctly btw.

I'm not doing any of those things. I'm saying the campaign made us look fickle, which is a different thing entirely. I'm also saying the SackPardew campaign methods and strategy was suspect, and therefore those people shouldn't be put in charge of an Ashley Out effort, because they're likely to fuck it up and somehow make the situation worse, if that's possible. I have no idea what my 'outlook' is supposed to mean. Maybe you're trying to claim that because I am critical of SackPardew I must have been a fan of his? You'll never really understand my point if you're not even paying attention to what I say.

What did you make about the Cardiff game? Did that embarrass you too?

It didnt make us look fickle.

"Put in charge" is fucking laughable. They are responsible for the effort, they did not inherit it for sweet mother fucks sake.

Such a fucking RTC.

The aim was to get Alan pardew out. He left not long after. Deny the extent of the correlation all you like it's irrelevant. They've set up a site about mike Ashley. You want him out. What's the fucking problem? They chop up your treehouse to make banners or something?

How did it look to Everton fans to see John Carver offering out his own fans before a game?

How did it look to Newcastle fans FFS :lol: It was Carver offering out, not the fans.

WHO GIVES A f*** ABOUT LOOKING FICKLE? It doesn't matter. If looking fickle means wanting better than a guy who gifts our nearest rivals points, ostracises players and breaks some of the poorest records going then Im happy to be fickle. Not that you know what it means.

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference, all they remember is the fact the placards only appeared after Pardew's purple patch turned into a slide. And they're smart enough to put two and two together and see the slide began right after Cabaye was sold, something Pardew clearly didn't want to happen.  You can pretend all you like that the SackPardew campaign didn't have this effect on how the fans are portrayed, and you can pretend all you like that it achieved something and we're better off now from both a footballing and a public perception standpoint, you're only lying to yourself. The campaign achieved either nothing, or very little, depending on your outlook.

Have you forgotten we finished 16th the season before, securing safety with our last away game of the season? With Cabaye.

Newcastle fans have been portrayed as fickle for as long as I can remember. Take that any day than the pure patheticness exhibited by so many for the last 2 and a half years of Pardew's reign.

Mako, who are you? Seriously, what's the point in what you are currently doing? People are entitled to their opinion, and I respect that, but all you are doing is just wasting your energy typing, as you are not changing anyone's mind here, and all it is doing is making people angry and annoyed. And the fact that you have decided today to create an account, and start typing with such vengeance means one of a few things.

A) The conspiracy theorists out there would say that you are a member of the club, trying to stem the tide of abuse after a 5th shitty defeat to Sunderland.

B) You're an ex poster who has a chip on his shoulder and is just WUM'ing for fun.

C) You're a supporter of another club and are again Wum'ing.

D) Or you really are a Newcastle fan and these are your views, and are forcing these views on people in a way that is fact, in which case we already have a poster like that, so kindly go away.

fickle

ˈfɪk(ə)l

adjective

I don't think I know a single person who has liked, then hated, then liked, then hated Pardew or Ahsley. Fickle isn't the word you are looking for unfortunately.

I don't think I've ever seen people deliberately ignore someone's point for so long, just so they could construct their own straw man arguments to refute and attempt to make the other guy look stupid.

One. Last. Time.

I did not say the fans were fickle.

I did say the SackPardew campaign made them look fickle.

I did not say you had to care that's what it made them look like.

End. Of.

Guest firetotheworks

One other possible by-product of the SackPardew campaign - keeping Carver as permanent boss. If Ashley is the sort of c*** to do things to spite the fans (and let's face it, we have plenty of evidence to suggest he is), then what's to say he didn't decide to respond to the people who 'forced' Pardew out, than to appoint his right hand man, the guy who got so p*ssed off at the campaign he offered them out for being disloyal and disruptive to the team? It's pretty hard to think of a worse way things could have gone for  NUFC in getting rid of Pardew, if this is indeed Ashley's modus operandi. Is that still a victory for SackPardew if Carver doesn't manage to pick up a single point between now and the end of the season? Or is this the real aim of AshleyOut.com, given how many seem to think relegation is the only thing that will get rid of the fat man?

If anything Carver's appointment has thoroughly vindicated the SackPardew campaign. The argument was put before by Pardew apologists "what if we get someone even worse?" Now we have seen that tactic can only backfire on Ashley so that's one more layer of deception ripped from his defences.

Anyone who was waiting for a Carver like appointment before fully believing Ashley was a git, was let's say, not exactly the brightest bulb in the first place.

The only way SackPardew would have been vindicated was if the next manager was a success. Otherwise it would have been called AshleyOut from the outset.

Like I said, one more layer of deception ripped from Ashley's defences. It seems like we both agree on this yet you seem to find this a problem.

Not at all. I'm of the opinion Ashley's true nature was revealed long ago, long before Pardew's reign, and is now well known and understood by both the fans and the media. You'll have a hard time finding anyone who still believes he's trying to do anything with NUFC except make money. There's nothing left to expose. Under Ashley, NUFC is a selling club with zero ambition. If AshleyOut is going to play this like they're revealing some kind of deception to the world, well, they're only going to make themselves look ridiculous.

The layers of hypocrisy and fallacies in this post, man. :lol:

1. You're complaining about AshleyOut.com thinking that it's revealing new information as ridiculous...whilst telling us - fans of Newcastle - that we're a selling club with zero ambition. Aye, BRAND NEW INFORMATION, THAT. :lol:

2. With Pardew, people didn't fully know the facts and revealing them changed things. More people wanted Pardew out, it highlighted that we wanted him out, people in the media took notice. Until then he was bulletproof. Oh aye, and guess what? He's gone!

I'm no linguist, but I think the sole intention of AshleyOut.com is to get Ashley out, not to preach to the converted. Sackpardew.com didn't just give information, there were campaigns and protests. I would surmise that the same thing will happen again considering it's the same people.

I didn't tell you anything, I asked you who it was who didn't know this? And Pardew is gone, but it quite clearly had nothing to do with being 'weakened' by the campaign. He was 'bulletproof' because Ashley didn't want him to go, and the campaign changed that how exactly? It didn't. Anyone claiming it did is a fantasist. And do you even have any evidence that more people turned on him because of the campaign? That's not my recollection. I don't know of a single fan who changed their mind because of it - they either wanted him gone before, or remained with him on the pretty sound basis of 'fool me once...'. The most likely and obvious explanation for any increase in the protests was simply because we were losing and playing poorly, as it would have done regardless of the 'campaigns' (which I only remember as handing out those A4 printouts). And I certainly don't recall seeing anything on the campaign website being taken up by the media - I'd love to see any evidence it was. The only effect of the campaign before he decided to leave that I can recall is the ridiculous Carver incident, and the groundswell of support for Pardew in the media (and indeed with some fans) who correctly recognised he was in large part being scapegoated for Ashley's failures. Oh and he apparently cried on camera - which I don't even remember happening, but if achieving that noble outcome made some people happy and they thought it made NUFC look good, then good for them I suppose.

I didn't tell you anything, I asked you who it was who didn't know this?

Well you did.

"I'm of the opinion Ashley's true nature was revealed long ago, long before Pardew's reign, and is now well known and understood by both the fans and the media. You'll have a hard time finding anyone who still believes he's trying to do anything with NUFC except make money. There's nothing left to expose. Under Ashley, NUFC is a selling club with zero ambition."

And Pardew is gone, but it quite clearly had nothing to do with being 'weakened' by the campaign.

And how's that? He was in tears on the touchline at Stoke away when the entire away section were singing that they wanted him out and holding up banners. Unless he had something in both of his eyes and it was some strange coincidence, I'd say that that had an effect on him, and that's before getting into the things that we can speculate and the fact that, you know, he's gone.

He was 'bulletproof' because Ashley didn't want him to go, and the campaign changed that how exactly?

Nope, he was bulletproof in the media. After SackPardew he wasn't.

And do you even have any evidence that more people turned on him because of the campaign?

Yes, anecdotal, just as yours is, and that's before the media discussing the campaign, relaying facts, statements, myths etc about Pardew on air and becoming aware of his record. Colin Murray, Mark Chapman, TalkSport are just a few examples of people who not only empathised with the campaign, but believed that it was a just cause.

The most likely and obvious explanation for any increase in the protests was simply because we were losing and playing poorly, as it would have done regardless of the 'campaigns' (which I only remember as handing out those A4 printouts). And I certainly don't recall seeing anything on the campaign website being taken up by the media - I'd love to see any evidence it was.

They were all linked at the time, it was discussed on SSN, Football Focus, 5Live, TalkSport, Radio Newcastle, Metro Radio, The Evening Chronicle, the BBC, Tyne Tees, Canal+, The Guardian...and they are just the ones that I saw, heard or read.

The only effect of the campaign before he decided to leave that I can recall is the ridiculous Carver incident, and the groundswell of support for Pardew in the media (and indeed with some fans) who correctly recognised he was in large part being scapegoated for Ashley's failures.

So why are you now whinging that they've turned their attention to the person you blame? :lol:

Oh and he apparently cried on camera - which I don't even remember happening, but if achieving that noble outcome made some people happy and they thought it made NUFC look good, then good for them I suppose.

You don't seem to remember a lot. You're moving the goalposts by saying that it didn't affect anything...then admitting that he cried...but now that that's a truth, there's no nobility to it. You're just wrong man, so very exclusively wrong.

Do you have any proof to back up this claim Pardew was bulletproof in the media before the campaign, and this somehow changed after it? Because I'm pretty sure the reason I remember it differently is because that's not the truth at all. The media I read picked up from day one the fan reaction to Pardew's appointment, and never really moved from that position. He got media/pundit credits for getting the team punching above its weight, as they liked to portray 5th place, but of course that was well before SackPardew kicked off.

I really don't recall him crying - maybe I just wasn't so emotionally vested in the noble goal of destroying the man just to get him to leave, that it passed me by. Did it happen in his last game? Is that the point? Is that the smoking gun evidence that the campaign worked?

Media reporting the fact fans are holding up banners isn't surprising. Fans believing the media up to that point didn't know the fans didn't like Pardew, or hadn't liked him from the start, and this only changed because of SackPardew, is a stretch to say the least.

And I don't know how I can say this any differently before people realise it's not an endorsement - if the aim of the campaign was to target Ashley, then they quite clearly fucked up in targeting Pardew instead, because, whether people want to deny reality or not, the media and public reaction to that was actually sympathy for Pardew, because everybody knew he was just Ashley's yes man. Trying to dress this up as a masterstroke of strategy is simply putting lipstick on a pig.

Do you have any proof to back up this claim Pardew was bulletproof in the media before the campaign, and this somehow changed after it? Because I'm pretty sure the reason I remember it differently is because that's not the truth at all.

Proof? What exactly are you looking for here? He wasn't criticised in the media, it wasn't even on the radar. I've just given you three examples of people in the media who said that it was a just cause. I get the impression that you're just going to continue asking for things I've shown you.

The media I read picked up from day one the fan reaction to Pardew's appointment, and never really moved from that position. He got media/pundit credits for getting the team punching above its weight, as they liked to portray 5th place, but of course that was well before SackPardew kicked off.

I would suggest that you haven't paid attention to the time before SackPardew started. It was constantly that he was doing a good job, or a good job under difficult circumstances, or that his hands were tied. No one ever questioned his ridiculous excuses or the fact that he had managed us to some of the worst records in the club's history.

I really don't recall him crying - maybe I just wasn't so emotionally vested in the noble goal of destroying the man just to get him to leave, that it passed me by. Did it happen in his last game? Is that the point? Is that the smoking gun evidence that the campaign worked?

What evidence do you want? :lol: He cried and he's gone. And as for nobility, you're talking about a man who asked a man in cancer remission to leave the club and then used his remission to divert attention away from the protest against him. Fuck him, the bloke is utter scum.

Media reporting the fact fans are holding up banners isn't surprising. Fans believing the media up to that point didn't know the fans didn't like Pardew, or hadn't liked him from the start, and this only changed because of SackPardew, is a stretch to say the least.

Well it's not, and again I would suggest that you weren't paying attention. SackPardew was regional front page news and its existence gathered national coverage. It was night and day in terms of coverage, prior to that his role in it all wasn't discussed at all.

And I don't know how I can say this any differently before people realise it's not an endorsement - if the aim of the campaign was to target Ashley, then they quite clearly fucked up in targeting Pardew instead

Is there something wrong with you? You realise that SackPardew and AshleyOut are separate things? Why would one target the other and visa versa?

...because, whether people want to deny reality or not, the media and public reaction to that was actually sympathy for Pardew, because everybody knew he was just Ashley's yes man. Trying to dress this up as a masterstroke of strategy is simply putting lipstick on a pig.

That's not reality, that's your opinion. The evidence that points towards Pardew being complicit is all there to be read, I suggest that do so before 'not remembering' whilst trying to have a relevant opinion amongst people who are incredibly au fait with both Pardew and Ashley. :thup:

fickle

ˈfɪk(ə)l

adjective

I don't think I've ever seen people deliberately ignore someone's point for so long, just so they could construct their own straw man arguments to refute and attempt to make the other guy look stupid.

One. Last. Time.

End. Of.

No it bastard didn't, end of.

fickle

ˈfɪk(ə)l

adjective

One. Last. Time.

End. Of.

The fans ARE the campaign, protesters and match goers. You absolute drip.

You used the word outlook in criticism of those who ran/supported PO. I used it because I had read everything you've written - regrettably. All you have done is said you've disagreed with sack pardew and said how it make us look fickle; all this has bot all to do with a mike Ashley or campaign. If you don't want it messed up start your own and stop cluttering this space with such inane, incoherent rot.

Mako, who are you? Seriously, what's the point in what you are currently doing? People are entitled to their opinion, and I respect that, but all you are doing is just wasting your energy typing, as you are not changing anyone's mind here, and all it is doing is making people angry and annoyed. And the fact that you have decided today to create an account, and start typing with such vengeance means one of a few things.

A) The conspiracy theorists out there would say that you are a member of the club, trying to stem the tide of abuse after a 5th shitty defeat to Sunderland.

B) You're an ex poster who has a chip on his shoulder and is just WUM'ing for fun.

D) Or you really are a Newcastle fan and these are your views, and are forcing these views on people in a way that is fact, in which case we already have a poster like that, so kindly go away.

I'm a fan. Not an Ashley supporting one or a Pardew supporting one, but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of perceptions. I wasn't aware I was "forcing" my views on people just by posting my thoughts on a forum, but I guess if people can't deal with different opinions, I shall shut my mouth and get in line like a good little soldier.

I'm not a WUM, I only registered today because I wanted to defend Tim Krul. I suppose I could have waited a week to throw off suspicion that my real purpose here is to sow dissent as an agent of NUFC, but I honestly didn't think people were that stupid/paranoid.

WHO GIVES A f*** ABOUT LOOKING FICKLE? It doesn't matter. If looking fickle means wanting better than a guy who gifts our nearest rivals points, ostracises players and breaks some of the poorest records going then Im happy to be fickle. Not that you know what it means.

I know exactly what it means. You know why I know? Because I have to defend myself against the charge every time I make it known I support NUFC. You can remember the course of events however you like - other people remember it the way it happened. I can tell people till I'm blue in the face that Pardew was never accepted by the fans from day one (and in case you've forgotten, the media, the people these campaigns supposedly exist to inform, had latched onto that from day one).

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference, all they remember is the fact the placards only appeared after Pardew's purple patch turned into a slide. And they're smart enough to put two and two together and see the slide began right after Cabaye was sold, something Pardew clearly didn't want to happen.  You can pretend all you like that the SackPardew campaign didn't have this effect on how the fans are portrayed, and you can pretend all you like that it achieved something and we're better off now from both a footballing and a public perception standpoint, you're only lying to yourself. The campaign achieved either nothing, or very little, depending on your outlook.

The worse thing about being an NUFC fan these days, is that I can still remember the time when your fellow fans were actually embarrassed whenever the latest circus incident occurred. Now, people are positively embracing it, as if being seen as mugs/fools/fickle fans might be a good thing. It's not. It certainly doesn't enhance the experience of being a fan of an under-performing club with zero ambition. And it sure as hell doesn't get rid of Ashley either, it probably just amuses him that little bit more.

The "slide" actually started when Ba was sold, not Cabaye. Cabaye was brilliant from midfield, but Ba was the main cog that made the whole team work, and made Pardew look competent for a season.

It's not fickle to want change for the better of the club, especially when this has been a consistent movement against the management. The ones who are fickle are the ones who still pay their money to go and sit there, spout "support the team, not the regime", and then they boo the players off when the whistle goes.

fickle

ˈfɪk(ə)l

adjective

One. Last. Time.

End. Of.

Even if it did (which it didn't) why does that matter? What an Everton fan/journo thinks matters fuck all to the changes needed at the club.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm a fan. Not an Ashley supporting one or a Pardew supporting one, but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of perceptions. I wasn't aware I was "forcing" my views on people just by posting my thoughts on a forum, but I guess if people can't deal with different opinions, I shall shut my mouth and get in line like a good little soldier.

I'm not a WUM, I only registered today because I wanted to defend Tim Krul. I suppose I could have waited a week to throw off suspicion that my real purpose here is to sow dissent as an agent of NUFC, but I honestly didn't think people were that stupid/paranoid.

Get in line like a good little soldier? What's your point? You want Ashley out? You think Ashley's the real problem? You'd rather we didn't try to get him out because of how fans of other teams will perceive us. That's more relevant and important to you than an effort to get what fans and YOU want for YOUR club. Your solution is to do nothing.

Just think about that for a moment.

B

E

N

G

H

M A K O

Z

I

...oh god...

You used the word outlook in criticism of those who ran/supported PO. I used it because I had read everything you've written - regrettably. All you have done is said you've disagreed with sack pardew and said how it make us look fickle; all this has bot all to do with a mike Ashley or campaign. If you don't want it messed up start your own and stop cluttering this space with such inane, incoherent rot.

As new users have to repeatedly confirm - you need 100 posts before you can start your own thread in the football forum. This has a lot to do with SackPardew because AshleyOut is being organised by the very same people - that's what got my goat in the first place, the way they were portraying that as a victory, implying the next campaign would be equally successful.

http://i.imgur.com/5D68JG3.jpg

As new users have to repeatedly confirm - you need 100 posts before you can start your own thread in the football forum. This has a lot to do with SackPardew because AshleyOut is being organised by the very same people - that's what got my goat in the first place, the way they were portraying that as a victory, implying the next campaign would be equally successful.

The sackpardew campaign was to get rid of Pardew, he's gone.  I hope the ashleyout campaign is as successful.