Charlie Austin

HawK

He's an inconsistent player by nature tbh, not sure that will ever change. As for CL, you won't find a footballer who thinks differently he just happens to be more outgoing with his views.

A lot of footballers know their level but would obviously jump at the chance of CL football. It seems Sissoko doesn't.

Love the way everyone is talking as if we have already signed Austin.

:yao:

What do you expect to be in a Charlie Austin thread, created on the basis that he might sign for us?

Not been around long have you.

What do you expect to be in a Charlie Austin thread, created on the basis that he might sign for us?

5 years. You must hate being wrong all the time.

Why does it matter how long you've been "around"?

Well you can't work out how a thread works.

Well you can't work out how a thread works.

You're canny boring.

At the bottom of the Chronic's Ivan Toney article:

And there is growing confidence at St James’ Park that Charlie Austin could also follow in the next few days after Steve McClaren made it clear to his board he wants the man from Queens Park Rangers.

Pretty much every club linked other than us has either gone elsewhere or supposedly he has turned them down, are we his only realistic option left?

Would Dick go there?

Press seem to think he is in for that Ola Toivinen.

P.s I know that's spelt wrong.

Pretty much every club linked other than us has either gone elsewhere or supposedly he has turned them down, are we his only realistic option left?

Would Dick go there?

Press seem to think he is in for that Ola Toivinen.

P.s I know that's spelt wrong.

They've done well to find a Swede who looks an even bigger prick than Seb Larsson.

From that neck of the woods and might just be watching the match. Or not.

He'll know his appearance there will get chins wagging. They could do with another striker and he fits the bill. Could be a perfect fit. Wouldn't mind betting that they're favourites now.

He's been sending mixed messages. Didn't he cryptically suggest early on that he wanted to sign and yet he hasn't. It's hard to understand him. I guess some things were Austin translation.

And apparently tonight's St Mary's rumours were based on a personalised reg plate, which I find very Austintatious.

If we have Cisse/Mitrovic/Austin competing for one place, and Williamson/Taylor starting games at CB, I will be somewhat miffed.

Agreed. 

I know he is shit.  But Riviere can be the 4th choice striker.  Mitrovic, Cisse, Perez, Riviere is enough IMO.  Especially if we are planning on playing one up top.

If we got another defender or two.  Then perhaps I'd be happy to get Austin.  As it stands, I don't see the point in paying over the odds, for a position where we are fairly well stacked in comparison. 

I just don't get how the two are linked. Why can't we have a good set of strikers AND centre backs?

Our pursuit of a striker, has nothing to do with our pursuit of a centre back.