England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

24 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

You mean our lads ;) 

Wilson best get tappin whilst scoring tap-ins! 

Callum in hushed whispers: “Kalvin, James… Jude, let me tell you about the crowd at St James’ Park. It’ll be mental in the champs leeg next year!” :bluestar:

Maguire and Dier ... just realised how much that sounds like a comedy pairing. England will be shocking at the back.

Also, just one left footed full back, really? Feel bad for Targett as he would have got in there if he had stayed fit and in the team carrying on performances from last season.

Gallagher ahead of Ward-Prowse ... nope. Not for me man. I think Ward-Prowse has to be in ahead of him, even just for his set pieces alone he gets in there instead. 

As for Marcus Rashford. Um ... nah.

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Journos can't help themselves can they. The fuck does Southgate need to answer these questions over and over again about inclusivity, diversity and human rights issues.

Just as bad as the questions Howe gets asked every other week about Saudi.

People have genuinely lost their minds over this stuff at this point man. God help us.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Maguire and Dier ... just realised how much that sounds like a comedy pairing. England will be shocking at the back.

Also, just one left footed full back, really? Feel bad for Targett as he would have got in there if he had stayed fit and in the team carrying on performances from last season.

Gallagher ahead of Ward-Prowse ... nope. Not for me man. I think Ward-Prowse has to be in ahead of him, even just for his set pieces alone he gets in there instead. 

As for Marcus Rashford. Um ... nah.

Fuck. Just realized there’s no Ward-Prowse. Gallagher ahead of him is insane.

Just now, McCormick said:

Fuck. Just realized there’s no Ward-Prowse. Gallagher ahead of him is insane.

Yeah, I think Ward-Prowse is class. I don't understand what gets Gallagher in ahead of him at all.

Also surprises me how little interest is shown in him from clubs higher up in the table. Think he'd really shine in a better situation.

I'd have picked a third central striker. Rashford doesn't convince in that role at international level, and I'm a bit concerned about these suggestions that Kane is suffering from mental or physical exhaustion. He has previous at flopping in tournaments. Wilson is a different sort of striker and his fitness isn't that reliable. DCL would have been the obvious choice, but I think he's injured again, so I think I'd have included Abraham.

Otherwise, not much to argue about.

Edited by Cronky

16 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Southgate just said there is a 'standby list' with basically every available English player not currently selected, incase of any issues after this weekends matches.

Still a chance for BDB?

There’s the secret 55 man squad they have to name. 

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They're just doing their jobs.

Pretty sure that's not their job, but whatever man.

I'm nto going to get drawn into talking about this horse shit. I am completely sick of it.

Bit of a overreaction from some people (not all on here) about the CBs that are going. We are almost certainly playing 3 at the back so even if you choose what some may would consider the "weakest" 3 I still think they've got enough to do what is needed.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Pretty sure that's not their job, but whatever man.

I'm nto going to get drawn into talking about this horse shit. I am completely sick of it.

Fair enough.

I'd expect journalists to be interested in the thousands of lives lost, building the facilities required to the hold tournament. I appreciate that's not on Southgate, but it's to be expected he and other participating managers will be asked about it.

32 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Man City - 5

Arsenal - 3

Newcastle - 3

Man United - 3

Chelsea - 3

Tottenham - 2

Liverpool - 2

Everton - 2

West Ham - 1

Leicester - 1

Dortmund - 1

We're massive.

+ Maddison so 4 really 

31 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Man City - 5

Arsenal - 3

Newcastle - 3

Man United - 3

Chelsea - 3

Tottenham - 2

Liverpool - 2

Everton - 2

West Ham - 1

Leicester - 1

Dortmund - 1

We're massive.

Would anyone be surprised if that was how the Premier League table looked at the end of the season?  Everton and West Ham are ofcourse higher than would be expected right now but stranger things have happened.

Obviously without Dortmund :icon_salut:

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fair enough.

I'd expect journalists to be interested in the thousands of lives lost, building the facilities required to the hold tournament. I appreciate that's not on Southgate, but it's to be expected he and other participating managers will be asked about it.

Do you know how adversely affected millions of people in Africa are by the policies in place from the self proclaimed light bearers in the West? Do you have any idea how much blood is on their hands? 

But of course they keep bleating on about the evil Arabs though to position themselves as a righteous bunch. It's pathetic.

But anyway, I'm just going to leave this all alone now. I've promised myself not to engage in these discussions anymore.

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Bit of a overreaction from some people (not all on here) about the CBs that are going. We are almost certainly playing 3 at the back so even if you choose what some may would consider the "weakest" 3 I still think they've got enough to do what is needed.

They're all such a nervy bunch man, and I include Stones in that who I don't trust when he doesn't have quality around him.

Think it's a shocking bunch, and with all the pressure that comes with England, and the poor seasons they've mostly had in their league teams, it could get very ugly.

Yeah, Wilson really has a big opportunity as behind Kane he’s the only true striker. 

I think it’s a big risk by Southgate not taking Abraham. Maybe he thinks Rashford is good enough as another central striker option but have my doubts about that