England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Do you know how adversely affected millions of people in Africa are by the policies in place from the self proclaimed light bearers in the West? Do you have any idea how much blood is on their hands? 

But of course they keep bleating on about the evil Arabs though to position themselves as a righteous bunch. It's pathetic.

But anyway, I'm just going to leave this all alone now. I've promised myself not to engage in these discussions anymore.

I'm not sure why that's particularly relevant to Qatar hosting a World Cup. 

If you don't want to discuss it that's fair :thup:

Just now, WilliamPS said:

Yeah, Wilson really has a big opportunity as behind Kane he’s the only true striker. 

I think it’s a big risk by Southgate not taking Abraham. Maybe he thinks Rashford is good enough as another central striker option but have my doubts about that 

Southgate was saying Tammy is in a poor run in front of goal. I haven't kept up with him as much this season, but if that's true I think it's fair enough really.

I think Toney would have been the one to take. He suits the more defensive style of play as he can hold the ball up and unsettle defenders. Also used to playing in these 3 at the back systems at Brentford.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not sure why that's particularly relevant to Qatar hosting a World Cup. 

If you don't want to discuss it that's fair :thup:

Yeah, similarly didn't understand how diversity issues were relevant to the naming of the England team specifically either.

But anyway ... yeah. Happy to just leave all this be :thup:

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Easily.

:lol: Really?! I mean Sancho 14 starts, 3 goals 1 assist, in an average team. Grealish 16 starts, 1 goal, 0 assists in a very good team. Crude starting point. I know Grealish is involved a lot more for City pressing and passing high up, but England wot be playing like that I can assure you. 

Saying all that it's Sterling who should miss out, but of course he goes. He'll probably start.

48 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Keep talking about Abraham and he’s been useless this season.

I watched him the other night and thought he did well, he would never start in this world cup but a good option off the bench 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I still don’t understand why Henderson keeps getting picked tbh 

I can only assume a few are for the dressing room.

Talk that some of Wolves problems are down to Coady leaving and the lack of presence in the dressing room.

27 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Really?! I mean Sancho 14 starts, 3 goals 1 assist, in an average team. Grealish 16 starts, 1 goal, 0 assists in a very good team. Crude starting point. I know Grealish is involved a lot more for City pressing and passing high up, but England wot be playing like that I can assure you. 

Saying all that it's Sterling who should miss out, but of course he goes. He'll probably start.

Sancho is so infuriating to watch and not all that effective. 

Gallagher in makes me think, Southgate has him as a Mount replacement, rather than a Maddison replacing him. And it's crazy. JWP should've went.

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Sancho is so infuriating to watch and not all that effective. 

Gallagher in makes me think, Southgate has him as a Mount replacement, rather than a Maddison replacing him. And it's crazy. JWP should've went.

I don't see where Grealish gets in, unless Southgate is a moron and plays him LW ahead of Rashford. 

Brighton fan here. Great to see Pope, Wilson & Trippier getting the call-up, they fully deserve it but I have serious doubts as to whether Southgate will actually play them. We all know he's never been one to pick players based on form, it's all about which club they play for esp. if it's Villa, Liverpool or Utd. How else can it be that he has Maguire, TAA, Dier & Shaw ahead of Dan Burn and Lewis Dunk? By any measure, those two have been consistently better and Southgate bloody well knows it. As long as the FA continue to employ ex-Palace muppets, we'll never win anything.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Would love to see both our clubs smash the Big 6 stranglehold. You lot to win it outright & Brighton to finish in top 6, ideally above Chelsea. 

Grealish has performed quite a few times for England like. I couldn't name a single time Sancho has.

I understand people looking at player's club form, what I can't understand is completely ignoring player's form for England. Pickford and Maguire being the main two where their England form seems to count for nothing for some reason.

Edited by Kid Icarus