England

Yorkie

Another clear and obvious var decision. This is gonna be fucking rubbish in the premiership. It’s gonna become a non contact sport.

It was a foul. If it happened against NUFC in a match and wasn’t given due to the lack of VAR, we would be calling for it.

Just for a minute, will people stop obsessing that var will be good for Newcastle and think of it from a football point of view?

VAR :clap:

Why not bring it in for every single decision on the pitch? Football isn’t broken, there’s no need for this shit.

Aye but they got the decision correct. That's the only thing that matters. I'm confused as to what people want?

I support the notion of VAR but this implementation is miserable. Farewell celebration of goals.

Aye, the clear and obvious foul bit doesn’t make sense when you sometimes have VAR decisions where they keep replaying situations and getting multiple angles of it.

Another clear and obvious var decision. This is gonna be fucking rubbish in the premiership. It’s gonna become a non contact sport.

It was a foul. If it happened against NUFC in a match and wasn’t given due to the lack of VAR, we would be calling for it.

Just for a minute, will people stop obsessing that var will be good for Newcastle and think of it from a football point of view?

What football point of view? If it's going to take them a minute to get the decision correct, then what's the problem?

I’m trying to put it in terms that people can understand. Using Nufc as an example is the best way you can do that really.

Why not bring it in for every single decision on the pitch? Football isn’t broken, there’s no need for this shit.

Aye but they got the decision correct. That's the only thing that matters. I'm confused as to what people want?

I want the ref and his assistants to make the decisions, but be better at it. Var is replacing the need to ensure refs are good at their jobs, nothing else.

I support the notion of VAR but this implementation is miserable. Farewell celebration of goals.

Aye, the clear and obvious foul bit doesn’t make sense when you sometimes have VAR decisions where they keep replaying situations and getting multiple angles of it.

I've said before there should be a 20 second time limit for the review, if it takes any longer it's not clear and obvious imo. Need to cut out the ref running over to watch it too

I want the ref and his assistants to make the decisions, but be better at it. Var is replacing the need to ensure refs are good at their jobs, nothing else.

Officials could be better, I grant you, but ultimately they will never get all the decisions correct.

The system worked perfectly in this instance. England scored a goal which should never have stood.

What football point of view? If it's going to take them a minute to get the decision correct, then what's the problem?

The decision the other night is the better example, but what happens if there’s a foul that wasn’t a foul down the other end of the pitch, which leads to a free kick that eventually leads to a goal? Should var be used for every single decision on the pitch? If not, why not, and where do you draw the line?

Fans are going to stop celebrating until var is checked for everything. Fine for tv, shit in the ground.

For too long I’ve seen too many teams cheat to score/win.

Teams should have to score proper goals if they want them to count not score goals from fouling or being offside seen enough teams win via that rubbish.

Teams should have to score proper goals if they want it to count not score goals from fouling or being offside seen enough teams win via that rubbish.

So you do want it using for every decision then?

The decision the other night is the better example, but what happens if there’s a foul that wasn’t a foul down the other end of the pitch, which leads to a free kick that eventually leads to a goal? Should var be used for every single decision on the pitch? If not, why not, and where do you draw the line?

Fans are going to stop celebrating until var is checked for everything. Fine for tv, shit in the ground.

Obviously not :lol:

Obviously not :lol:

What, because they still celebrate now? Give it a few months.

Teams should have to score proper goals if they want it to count not score goals from fouling or being offside seen enough teams win via that rubbish.

For goals like that.

Fouling to score/win a game is not how games should be decided seen it too many times.

For goals like that.

Fouling to score/win a game is not how games should be decided seen it too many times.

What if a foul down the other end 30 seconds before results in a goal? Or is it only if it’s in the box or within 5 touches?

Personally I think there need to be clearer rules in place. Like if the 5th official can't explain the decision up to 30 seconds after the event then its not clear and obvious. Before a goal, you can only go back 10 seconds for it to have an impact on a decision.

Personally I think there need to be clearer rules in place. Like if the 5th official can't explain the decision up to 30 seconds after the event then its not clear and obvious. Before a goal, you can only go back 10 seconds for it to have an impact on a decision.

Does var show if corners are actually corners?