England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

because playing wilshere over drinkwater whom actually won something makes sense

Maybe because he's a better player? :lol:

Only playing once in a blue moon does wonder's for peoples assessments of players. Wilshere can be good, he has barely played. Drinkwater has won the league and Henderson has had a strong season. We should reward achievement not pass it onto yesterdays great hope for the future who has achieved nothing. Wilshere will be nailed on injured for the damn tournament anyway.

I can understand the assessing his fitness argument better. It's only a friendly but I also don't really think we should be experimenting hugely with the starting line up at this point either. I'm sorry but what has wilshere done to justify even being at the tourney for ages?

because playing wilshere over drinkwater whom actually won something makes sense

Maybe because he's a better player? :lol:

Exactly :lol: will never understand that mindset tbh, if we were basing selection on team success we'd be running Drinkwater and Noble out every game.

Neither of who are good enough for international football.

I hate the 'form' argument for selecting players, otherwise the journo cunts would have their way and the whole of the West Ham squad would be in.

It's a mixture of form, talent and fit within a system/team. Hodgson clearly rates Wilshere and thinks he's crucial to any England success.

I hate the 'form' argument for selecting players, otherwise the journo c***s would have their way and the whole of the West Ham squad would be in.

It's a mixture of form, talent and fit within a system/team. Hodgson clearly rates Wilshere and thinks he's crucial to any England success.

:thup: Besides basing your team selection on the form of the current standard of the Premier League is asking to be knocked out early considering how shit it is.

It's not about immediate 'form' though, I don't rate noble much and west ham have achieved fuck all really this season. I don't really disagree that we should pick the best team rather than the form team, I just think Wilshere is way overrated honestly. I have seen him be absolutely mint but really fleetingly so. I hope he proves me wrong.