England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Willock for Bellingham is pretty much a like for like sub if you want to keep the same system and keep the latter fresh in a tournament. Would make sense to have him in. 

Gordon has been a lot better than Grealish this season. Longstaff is much, much better than Henderson these days. 

3 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Willock, Longstaff and Gordon all deserve call-ups. 

It's honestly baffling how Gordon wasn't called up after Saka withdrew from the last squad. Whats even the point of the u21s if the Player of the Tournament can't get a look in despite injuries to the first team squad? 

Gordon really has to be in the next squad there's no sensible reason to exclude him, especially if Southgate is not going to bring Sterling back into things with England. 

Wilson and Pope are in with a shout but could go either way based on other players in their positions (Watkins, Nketiah, Ramsdale, Johnstone) 

Willock has no chance this next squad and would have to be a "wildcard" kind of entry at one of the last sqauds before the end of the season to even be in with a shout.

Longstaff unfortunately I don't think is going to get anywhere near the England team. He absolutely deserves it but unless 2 of Philips, Henderson and Gallagher are out I think he sticks with those for the Euros. 

Trippier is a shoe in.

4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Gordon really has to be in the next squad there's no sensible reason to exclude him, especially if Southgate is not going to bring Sterling back into things with England. 

Wilson and Pope are in with a shout but could go either way based on other players in their positions (Watkins, Nketiah, Ramsdale, Johnstone) 

Willock has no chance this next squad and would have to be a "wildcard" kind of entry at one of the last sqauds before the end of the season to even be in with a shout.

Longstaff unfortunately I don't think is going to get anywhere near the England team. He absolutely deserves it but unless 2 of Philips, Henderson and Gallagher are out I think he sticks with those for the Euros. 

Trippier is a shoe in.

I’d have Watkins and Wilson in there tbf - once Toney returns it’ll be a real fight for a Euros place.  Kane is a given, of course.

6 hours ago, tgarve said:

Like I’m being serious 

he’s probably one of the 4 best centre backs in the league right now 

I think he’s done very well overall. That said we’re clearly better with Botman and I think Trippier would agree. Pipe down going over the top.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  And just think, given English football’s status and standing, that means he’s one of the best IN THE WORLD*

*citation required

By playing well for a few games Jamal Lascelles has shown himself to be one of the best centre backs in English football, and therefore the world.

There you go.