Latest Fans Forum 'minutes' released

JJ7

- Have John Irving and his deputy, both have whom have left in the last year, been replaced? If not, why not?

- How many paid scouts do NUFC employ aside from Graeme Carr? Is this inline with other PL clubs? If not, why not?

There's a reason why every club in the Premiership fields weakened sides in the Cups, and unless we reach the latter stages of a competition and we're secure in the league, McClaren is going to do precisely that.

In practice, I don't think we're going to see any changes in team selection.

There's a reason why every club in the Premiership fields weakened sides in the Cups, and unless we reach the latter stages of a competition and we're secure in the league, McClaren is going to do precisely that.

We play weakened teams in the FA Cup even when we're solidly midtable...

We play weakened teams in the FA Cup even when we're solidly midtable...

Worked a treat in keeping us up this season with plenty to spare, didn't it?!

Could ask if they've ever thought about refunding money to fans after shocking away performances? The game at Southampton last season and the two away cup defeats at Brighton spring to mind.

What reason is that? and no they don't

To avoid injuries or burn-out that might affect results in the league and yes they do.

Southampton at Sunderland under Pochettino being a prime example. Weren't qualifying for Europe through the league, weren't going down, played a weakened team in the FA Cup 5th Round. Stupid.

That is the same situation we were in the previous season.  Although I don't agree with it, I kind of get it when clubs are in a serious relegation battle (although you can see the impetus a cup run can give as it kickstarted Sunderland's season under Poyet).  But when clubs are already safe, then why play weakened teams?  With nothing to play for for the rest of the season, clubs tend to drift into poor form as we have done for the last two seasons.  A cup run would keep players motivated and at least give the second half of a season some interest.

Is it JJ7 who's on the forum? Good question will be why the club deems it unnecessary to scout the European Under 21 Championships bearing in mind the stated transfer policy of the club.

Is it JJ7 who's on the forum? Good question will be why the club deems it unnecessary to scout the European Under 21 Championships bearing in mind the stated transfer policy of the club.

According to the Daily Star, Graham Carr is at the U21's.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this in the McClaren thread because I'm blind and couldn't find this.

Taylor and Besty ‏@TaylorandBesty  10 minutes ago

Steve McLaren was in attendance tonight at the Fans Forum meeting

Posted this in the McClaren thread because I'm blind and couldn't find this.

Taylor and Besty ‏@TaylorandBesty  10 minutes ago

Steve McLaren was in attendance tonight at the Fans Forum meeting

No doubt attempting to reassure fans signings are imminent...