Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I have always been fairly neutral on Mitrovic. On the one hand, he's not a bad player and certainly has some qualities about him, on the other, he's never going to be a top level striker as he simply doesn't have the pace or finishing ability.

There seems to be an obsession with classing him great or shit.

I have always been fairly neutral on Mitrovic. On the one hand, he's not a bad player and certainly has some qualities about him, on the other, he's never going to be a top level striker as he simply doesn't have the pace or finishing ability.

There seems to be an obsession with classing him great or s***.

I agree about his pace, but his finishing improved. I think that it will improve even more, because strikers tend to improve their finishing as older they get. And Mac says that he could do great and still be s**t, that's just insane. Imagine Mitrovic scoring against Brazil. That's something Mac can only dream about. And then Mac goes out and says "So what? He scored against brazil, that still doesn't mean his a good player."

Also, Palace wants Mitrovic, and Fulham is also in that race. So they probably want to play his strenghts more than us.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mitrovic is a very limited footballer which has and will prevent him from ever being a top player, even if he were to score 30 goals in a season.

He just doesn’t have the attributes. He isn’t quick, he isn’t even particularly strong, he isn’t two footed, quick footed or able to play a number of roles and he’s tactically simple in terms of having a footballing brain.

He’s just an old fashioned rough and ready type centre-forward who will carve out a decent career and get goals, not loads, but enough to justify a starting place in your average PL team or another top-flight side elsewhere.

You look at his entire game and there is no stand out aspect. Perez is also an average and limited player too, but his finishing technique is of a good level in terms of finishing off moves, his movement and positioning tactically is also of a good level.

Shelvey has his passing despite being another limited and average player. Mitrovic though, really he is no different to someone like Glenn Murray, or Steven Fletcher or Bobby Zamora who today would probably be considered in the 20m bracket.

Mitrovic is a very limited footballer which has and will prevent him from ever being a top player, even if he were to score 30 goals in a season.

He just doesn’t have the attributes. He isn’t quick, he isn’t even particularly strong, he isn’t two footed, quick footed or able to play a number of roles and he’s tactically simple in terms of having a footballing brain.

He’s just an old fashioned rough and ready type centre-forward who will carve out a decent career and get goals, not loads, but enough to justify a starting place in your average PL team or another top-flight side elsewhere.

You look at his entire game and there is no stand out aspect. Perez is also an average and limited player too, but his finishing technique is of a good level in terms of finishing off moves, his movement and positioning tactically is also of a good level.

Shelvey has his passing despite being another limited and average player. Mitrovic though, really he is no different to someone like Glenn Murray, or Steven Fletcher or Bobby Zamora who today would probably be considered in the 20m bracket.

Scoring 30 a season would make him a great player though, so that makes no sense.

Guest Howaythetoon

Scoring 30 a season would make him a great player though, so that makes no sense.

Gayle got 20 + in the Championship, does that make him a great player? It’s all about context. Mitrovic will never be a great player, Supermac is right on that one. Again even if he smacked in 30 one season. Phillips did it for the mackems once, still a bang average footballer though.

Edit: I meant if he scored 30 goals ONE season, do it every season and that changes things :D

Gayle got 20 + in the Championship, does that make him a great player? It’s all about context. Mitrovic will never be a great player, Supermac is right on that one. Again even if he smacked in 30 one season. Phillips did it for the mackems once, still a bang average footballer though.

Edit: I meant if he scored 30 goals ONE season, do it every season and that changes things :D

Gayle got 23 so nah, not great. 30’s my marker ;-)

I don't get how you can write off a 23-24 year old as being nothing more than limited. It's nothing like Phillips, Murray, etc who were late 20s before they started scoring at this level. He's already a decent striker but he has 4-5 years to get even better.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't get how you can write off a 23-24 year old as being nothing more than limited. It's nothing like Phillips, Murray, etc who were late 20s before they started scoring at this level. He's already a decent striker but he has 4-5 years to get even better.

I’m basing it on his limitations as a footballer. He’s never going to be a top player is he, realistically? If anything Phillips had more to his game and looked a top player for a brief spell.

I’m not writing him off by the way, I just don’t see a future for him here, although that’s more down to Rafa and his preferred way of playing and the need to have players that can play in his system, than down to Mitrovic himself.

I’m sure he could score 10 goals + for us if we changed our style, but going back to his limitations, you need and want more from a centre-forward these days ideally.

I’m not someone who counts goals scored as the be all and end all by the way, it’s about their all-round game and what they bring to the team overall and for us we need more and for a top team, Mitrovic just wouldn’t cut it. IMO anyway.

I don’t dislike the lad though and I was pleased he did well for Fulham and if we are to keep him, I wouldn’t mind seeing us at least trying him out and even if that meant we have to change our game plan to get the best out of him.

I’d be happy enough with that because either way, with the players we have, top ten is about our max ceiling so it then comes down to aesthetics and preferred style of play.

I love a traditional old style CF with wingers either side, it’s my kind of football. Mitrovic in Sir Bobby’s team would have excelled for example, the game has changed massively though sadly and I don’t think he will in our team u less we changed our game drastically and then you have to ask at what expense?

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd have sooner you just said he was shit.

:lol: But he’s not, he’s just not very good either so he’s in between kind of. He’s the kind of player that needs to be at the right kind of club with the right kind of players and manager, which is what he found in Fulham and he would be wise to sign for them and if he does prove himself there, then perhaps look towards a bigger club or better level.

I'd have sooner you just said he was shit.

:lol: But he’s not, he’s just not very good either so he’s in between kind of. He’s the kind of player that needs to be at the right kind of club with the right kind of players and manager, which is what he found in Fulham and he would be wise to sign for them and if he does prove himself there, then perhaps look towards a bigger club or better level.

I'm joking man. :lol:

From what I've just watched Mitro is better than Jorgensen

From what I watched earlier Mitro is better than Messi.

I think Ronaldo just nudged himself ahead of Mitro, but I don't want to get too carried away.