Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Happy he's going somewhere decent. He will do really well I think - I just hope we sign a striker of similar quality who suits our system, otherwise we may end up looking rather silly when he easily outscores our strikers next season.

Similar quality? I hope we sign someone who makes everyone completely forget about Mitro.

Yeah I rate Mitrovic, I think we would do well to get someone of similar quality/potential but who Rafa could do more with.

Happy he's going somewhere decent. He will do really well I think - I just hope we sign a striker of similar quality who suits our system, otherwise we may end up looking rather silly when he easily outscores our strikers next season.

Similar quality? I hope we sign someone who makes everyone completely forget about Mitro.

Yeah I rate Mitrovic, I think we would do well to get someone of similar quality/potential but who Rafa could do more with.

I'd be disappointed if we don't as that would then call Rafa's judgement into question. Not that he's infallible, but I am going to back him on this one, still doubtful that Mitro will be a success in the Premier, but he'll get his chance to prove a point with Fulham next season, and good luck to him.

Knowing us we probably put an unknown to the public option to buy for about £7m if they got promoted.

We apparently were trying to sell him for £15m at the time he went on loan I think, so could have done that kind if option.  But hopefully not because I do think we'll get £20m+ now.

Only if someone else is bidding.

Realistically at £20m+ that other bidder is going to have to come from the PL or one of the elite UEFA clubs. Can't see it happening.

That, and anything that would help us to bring in players sooner rather than later rather than not is a positive.

Guest ElCid

Like the lad.  It’s a shame because I reckon he could be a very good PL or international level player.

I wonder what his attitude is like. 

Can't be very good as I see no other reason for Rafa showing him the door - must be bad if he was third choice behind Josely that's for sure. You got to back the manager I think he would have given us an option (certainly a better one than Joselu) but the constant snidy digs he keeps getting in currently tells me he is better away from here.

World Cup COULD add value, but I'd rather* we just sold now and quickened our incomings. Can get at least £20m, so let's get the ball rolling asap.

*well, i'd rather he stayed but we know that isn't happening.

I think it really depends what Fulham offer, if they're offering under £20m then maybe wait.  But if they offer £20m+ I think we should just get on with it.

Didn't Brighton try and buy him in January, but they ended up buying Locadia?

I think so yeah, but they weren't offering near the £15m we wanted.

Depends if're happy to lose out on several million pounds (obviously we won't be).  I'd be surprised if anyone outside the Premier League offered much over £10m for him.  But due to Premier League cash and the fact that he's become an instant hero at Fulham I could see them being willing to pay £20m+.

World Cup COULD add value, but I'd rather* we just sold now and quickened our incomings. Can get at least £20m, so let's get the ball rolling asap.

*well, i'd rather he stayed but we know that isn't happening.

World Cups can have a huge effect on player's reputations. It's really not worth the risk in my view to ell before the tournament. Say for example he scores 5 or 6 goals in a great run for Serbia is seen as the main reason for them reaching the Semi's or whatever. He goes from a 20 million player to a 40 million one. We've been at the opposite end of this situation so many times, trying to buy players from awkward sellers. We need to be the awkward ones, ideally I would like to see him go aboard with a sell on clause built in. Fulham will want to get him cheap before the world cup, why make it easy for them ? Did they help us out last year with Cairney ? 

I am of the view that Fulham is the only real bid at the table. Don't think he will do anything that will add drastically to his value at the world cup, given that he already has a decent scoring record at International Level. English Clubs have more money than elsewhere and the fact that he is not rated by Rafa will mean there won't be many suitors.

Think Fulham will pay a decent amount for him mind.

I am of the view that Fulham is the only real bid at the table. Don't think he will do anything that will add drastically to his value at the world cup, given that he already has a decent scoring record at International Level. English Clubs have more money than elsewhere and the fact that he is not rated by Rafa will mean there won't be many suitors.

Think Fulham will pay a decent amount for him mind.

I don't agree with that, goalscorers are so rare, Champo clubs will pay 15-20 mill for a proven source of goals, his goals were a massive part in moving them from mid table to promotion. All three of the relegated clubs have a need up top and should have the money to spend. You've also got to factor in his decent PL record and excellent international record, along with his age, PL clubs and foreign ones will be sniffing around. Even if you are right, Fulham will still be around after the World Cup is over, he'll be their number target, they will wait.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mitrovic will score goals, not loads, but enough, because he’s good in the air, has a decent strike and can put himself about. However, he lacks certain qualities or assets within the makeup of his game to ever become a top-class centre-forward who influences games in ways other than hitting the back of the net. We would have to change our whole game dynamic for example just to get him to 8-10 league goals which someone who fits our style can get anyway as Perez has shown. He’s a good fit for Fulham and will get 8-10 league goals for them in the Premier League, but I wouldn’t bank on him getting a whole lot more than that. For us, Rafa has to have a mobile, quick or not slow, tactically astute player up there who is also disciplined and I don’t mean in regards to yellow or red cards, but disciplined in terms of positioning, when to run, where to run etc. Someone he can trust to do what’s asked of him at all times. He would have been a far better answer coming on as a sub than Joselu mind who is dis-lined to Rafa’s instructions, but he’s shit plain and simple. If we get good money for him and Rafa gets to spend it, it’s all good IMO.

Can't overlook the fact that he may also get injured at the world cup, and then we wouldn't be able to shift the guy, then hampering our own transfers.

Think we're better off moving him asap really, and adding in clauses for further money depending on how he performs for Fulham next season.