Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

He's fucking brilliant and some posts in this thread are an embarrassment. Goals will come.

What's embarrassing? People are saying he keeps missing sitters and he does. People go overboard with the criticism and the praise. If he was converting his easier chances I'd say he'd been brilliant. If Riviere was missing the chances Mitro is he'd be shot with shit.

He's f***ing brilliant and some posts in this thread are an embarrassment. Goals will come.

What's embarrassing? People are saying he keeps missing sitters and he does. People go overboard with the criticism and the praise. If he was converting his easier chances I'd say he'd been brilliant. If Riviere was missing the chances Mitro is he'd be shot with s***.

Aye.  Good post :thup:

Link-up play, defensive contribution etc. is top notch, but his box play and finishing has been really poor.

We'd have scored 4 or 5 today with a proper centre forward.

Yeah, Demba Ba would have had 2 or 3 today.

Misstrovic is a good all around player, but he is paid to score goals, the one thing missing from his game. Hope we aren't relegated on the back of that fact.

:lol:

Comparing a rough diamond early in his career in a new league versus a seasoned pro on top of his game.

Doesn't matter whether he's a rough diamond or a seasoned pro, we need some fucker who can put the ball in the net.

Misstrovic is a good all around player, but he is paid to score goals, the one thing missing from his game. Hope we aren't relegated on the back of that fact.

:lol:

Comparing a rough diamond early in his career in a new league versus a seasoned pro on top of his game.

Doesn't matter whether he's a rough diamond or a seasoned pro, we need some f***er who can put the ball in the net.

We do.

He's f***ing brilliant and some posts in this thread are an embarrassment. Goals will come.

What's embarrassing? People are saying he keeps missing sitters and he does. People go overboard with the criticism and the praise. If he was converting his easier chances I'd say he'd been brilliant. If Riviere was missing the chances Mitro is he'd be shot with s***.

You can't compare Mitrovic and Riviere. One works his tail off for the team, the other isn't good enough to be in the same squad. How many goals has Wijnaldum scored because of him? He makes space or gets accurate knock downs.

Anyone wanting to drop a player who's doing this knows nout about football.

The goals will come. Especially with Shelvey in the side now.

Lacking confidence in the box. Sissoko fizzed one in and he first timed it, just concentrated on keeping it down and on target, made it easy for the keeper. A confident forward would have had it lashed.

I'm prepared to give him time but would like another forward in aswell.

I don't understand why people are dismissing Mitrovic as an exciting young talent who clearly has a lot to his game but who needs to develop his finishing, I equally can't understnad why people who see the potential in mitrovic think that we should be relying on a player who isn't finishing often enough when we are in a relegation scrap. We should have signed a more certain experienced goal scorer in summer and we should now. It may impede his development but that needs to take second place to making sure we stay up, there have been plenty of games where if we could but finish we'd have got 2 more points and we'd be safe by now.

Wonder if Misstrovic would have more success if he was bonused with a neck tattoo every time he notched.

I've been waiting for someone to call him that.

He leads our line and today we would probably have lost without him. He doesn't score enough but every time we score a goal he is involved

He is young and the way he dominates centre backs at such a young age is ridiculous. Hr has done fucking amazing considering how shit we have been. His finishing is poor from wide if it's ito feet or if he has time to think as in one on one. He is in the right positions and just a bit of guidance over time will improve that.

I am proud of the way he leads our line. He works his arse of and brings people.into play. He is one of our most.important players as he is basically.involved in everything we do.

If Cisse had played and not scored a couple we would have lost today.

Rubbish bait Mr Troll.

Question to all of you. If a new forward was to come in, who in the team would you drop to make room?

Depends on the forward.

Ok well base your answer on the types of forwards that we've been linked with. The lad at Marseille, Lacazette, Remy etc..

Thought he did the hard stuff really well today and the easy stuff really bad.

Annoyed me at the ground when people were getting annoyed at him for not closing Collins down very quickly. Looked to me that it was a clear plan to allow Collins to play it out from the back, rather than Ogbonna because Collins can only really hoof it, so Mitro marked Ogbonna

love mitro personally, wouldn't want a new striker to come in to replace him at this stage as i feel the attack is starting to click together as a whole and he'll benefit massively from that, if there was someone to bring in as backup to play his role / challenge him for it then that makes sense but replacing him as first choice would be a very poor decision right now imo

These posts in the bottom are an example of posts that are embarrassing after the game he had today. I also don't think his finishing is going to be dogshit forever or that the veranda spider will forever shoot better than him. He has scored 20 goals a season already in his career and he is only 21.

He will never be prolific.

He's a centre forward who has no pace and isn't a natural finisher. That's not a good combination, I like him as a trier but, he's not going to get the goals we need if we are to be any good.

So many chances originated from his initial good play in holding the ball up or linking play superbly.

I hope we haven't started taking such things for granted. It's quite easy to forget how awful we were at playing off the front man with Cisse in there.

He deserves a run to get out of his slump.

You seriously have to be taking the piss.  Same goes to the fucker you're replying to.

I think if we add a proper left winger (or play that dude we spent 12m on) who can get some crosses on this dudes forehead, this whole conversation will be moot. He'll be scoring for fun

Very simplistic view

I think if we add a proper left winger (or play that dude we spent 12m on) who can get some crosses on this dudes forehead, this whole conversation will be moot. He'll be scoring for fun.

As it stands now, like some have pointed out, he's out there working hard for the team and setting up goals like Gini's earlier this week.

:thup:

He was involved in all of our goals against Man Utd, but its not just that.  Him linking play allowed us to do what we did today.  Obviously plenty of players contributed a lot (Wijnaldum was fantastic for instance).  But without Mitrovic flicking it on, or laying it off for midfield players that performance just wouldn't have happened.  He fucking lead the line amazingly.  Some people seem to have the delusion that he could have just been replaced by a finisher and obviously the same chances would have come his way regardless, as if Mitrovic contributed nowt other than trying to put the ball in the net himself.  In reality he was essential to just about everything we did.

The notion that Mitrovic would have way more goals if we got more crosses in is ridiculous IMO. Was doing a bit of googling and since he was signed in 2012/13 Giroud, as of October had the most headed goals in the Premier League with 14 goals in 3 and a bit seasons. That's about three or four a season, and that's the best performing player in that area since he came to the league. So if Mitro was as good as the most prolific header in the league he would have probably one more headed goal than he does have

Nothing  against Mitro btw, really good player

Think it's far more likely that he starts scoring than any potential new signing like. There's no way we're signing this mythical premiership proven prolific goal scorer, we'd just be signing someone else who has to bed in.

Mitrogol will come through.