Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Took bollocks like. Proper stepped up.

aye, he demanded it as well.

As much as I love him, I feared the worst for him when he basically refused to give the ball away then stepped up. Fair play though, that's what a striker should be doing.

Calm and collected pen also which I least expected, was fully expecting a blaze over the bar tbh :lol:

:lol: aye, I could barely watch it, but I like the fact he took responsibility

Yeah, was class by him. Would have been so much easier for him to just shy away once he actually won the pen. Proved even after the criticism he's come under and his missed chances, he's not let that damage his confidence. Great for such a young player.

He's been in the right place the past few games but it just wouldn't go his way. Glad that he didn't shy away from the penalty. That atleast shows he's still a striker that has confidence.

Really feel he just needs a decent partner upfront and his game will raise another notch. Ayoze has tried but a partner who knows where to be when this lad wins the headers or holds the ball up or a partner who can provide good link up play can help him put more chances away.

so is he s**** now or not?  can't keep up

Who's been saying he is shit?

His finishing leaves a lot to be desired.

Plenty of people, in this thread as far as I recall. Not good enough has certainly been the sentiment because as SEMTEX says he's missed his one chance per game recently.

think it's very harsh to judge his finishing based upon the 5 chances we've created since September

Nah his finishing is poor, no point in trying to make out otherwise. A good striker at hold up play, putting pressure on defenders and a generally technically good footballer but he's a poor finisher at the moment without doubt. He's only young so hopefully he can improve this part of his game

:lol: a poor finisher "at the moment".

We've had him for six months. We've been god fucking awful, and he has played in about half of the games. We do not have a sample size big enough to say he's a poor finisher, given we do not know if his lack of deadliness in front of goal is form related or skill related yet.

I know everyone seems to love making mega aggressive statements of fact, but it's just nonsense and I've got no time for it whatsoever.

Fucking football forum man. Painful.

We've had him for six months. We've been god fucking awful, and he has played in about half of the games. We do not have a sample size big enough to say he's a poor finisher, given we do not know if his lack of deadliness in front of goal is form related or skill related yet.

I know everyone seems to love making mega aggressive statements of fact, but it's just nonsense and I've got no time for it whatsoever.

:thup:

Aye a poor finisher at the moment, in that he is poor at it now but it may improve in the future. I think its fair to say a player that has missed some of the chances Mitro has missed this season is not a clinical finisher, that doesn't mean that he's a poor striker or a poor footballer. Even if you look at the chance he got on his left foot towards the end of the game today, not a great chance by any means but he didn't look like he knew what to do with it. This was a game where he was bullying defenders, had already scored a goal and was high on confidence, as shown by his willingness to take the penalty and he still didn't look like he knew what kind of shot to take.

[emoji38] a poor finisher "at the moment".

Aye a poor finisher at the moment, in that he is poor at it now but it may improve in the future. I think its fair to say a player that has missed some of the chances Mitro has missed this season is not a clinical finisher, that doesn't mean that he's a poor striker or a poor footballer. Even if you look at the chance he got on his left foot towards the end of the game today, not a great chance by any means but he didn't look like he knew what to do with it. This was a game where he was bullying defenders, had already scored a goal and was high on confidence, as shown by his willingness to take the penalty and he still didn't look like he knew what kind of shot to take.

What you've described there sounds as much like form issues as anything what to me tbh

What you've described there sounds as much like form issues as anything what to me tbh

Mitro clearly needs to study Georgios Samaras to be able to attain such football magnificence.

He deserves the no.9 shirt.  Probably the most suitable one since Shearer.

Let's wait until he actually scores double figures in a season. Last thing he needs is the number 9 pressure before that.

Mitro clearly needs to study Georgios Samaras to be able to attain such football magnificence.

Impressive memory, about 18 months ago that. I can't remember any of your posts from last week

His touch can be a bit awkward and clumsy at times.  A bit Carroll'esque, almost.  I'm not sure that will ever get a lot better.  He seems to trip over the ball and get tangled up quite often.  He actually shows some neat little touches and is good with his lay offs most of the time.  It's just when he tries to dribble or trick his way past a defender, he looks really unsuited to it and it's not his game at all.  But he is an absolute beast up top with his back to goal and he just generally attacks the ball with a lot of conviction.  He really puts himself about and does well to hold it up when he's all alone. 

He was involved in all three goals.  Challenged well for the first goal and was close to getting his head on it.  Caused the poor header from Fellaini.  Won the pen and then got up to score it.  Was close to getting his head on it again, for Dummett's goal.  He was challenging Smalling and holding him and the end result was the he same as the first goal, he forced a shit clearing header. 

You can't help but love his passion, either.  He seems like a big kid out there.  Has it's pros and cons, but you can see how much it means to him when he scores.

He still looked a little short of confidence at times which is to be expected due to the lack of service/real match practice of actually playing as a striker with support from his team mates, but I reckon this was best game for us so far. He done fantasically well against Smalling who has been the best CB in the league so far this season IMO.

Cisse up top last night and we lose 3-0 simple as

Aye like we lost 3-0 to Spurs and Liverpool

You're using spurs as an example even though the game turned cos he went off [emoji38]

Aye when we were 1-0 down against a team better than Man Utd. Mitrovic is no doubt better in a game like this than Cisse but it's just ridiculous acting like we would've been hammered with Cisse instead of Mitrovic