Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I am surprised that so many people seem surprised that Mitrovic isn't trusted by Rafa. He's proven himself a liability, he isn't much of a goalscorer at all either and wastes so many good chances.

None of our strikers are good enough, absolutely shocking we didn't sign a decent striker in the summer.

I don't think anyone's surprised at that.  It's more the fact Joselu is shite and Gayle looks massively out of his depth.  Kinda a 'last resort' situation.

Don't trust Mitro and he gets a red card, so what. You're not gonna play him anyway. Least he might score a goal before the red card :lol:

Sell him, for reasons I've banged on about enough. I'd sell Gayle and Joselu too. 

Agre and if Rafa has his was I think they will be especially IF this take over happens. I would play Mitrovic before Joselu (he is woeful) but it's not going to happen.

Sell him, for reasons I've banged on about enough. I'd sell Gayle and Joselu too. 

That's the ideal scenario however unless a takeover ever happens, incredibly impractical. There is a player in Mitro though, Gayle is a spent force at PL level obviously and Joselu is just dreadful. But clearly Rafa is no fan of Mitro, and probably never will be so unless you are insane you replace the player here and not the manager. Joselu is safe in January since he's just been bought but assuming no takeover has occured. Gayle's still got a little sell on value to a champ club, maybe 5-7 million though some playoff hopeful may gamble on coughing up 10 million. Mitro's sell on value is dropping like a stone, again 5 - 7 million is the best we can hope for.  So that gives us a pot of at max 17 million to spend, that will buy you just one decent player and we probably have to bring back Arma or Toney from their loans (wouldn't be a bad thing considering how effective the loan has been for Arma in particular).

So, according to SkySports, Mitrovic is off to Anderlecht or Brighton or Southampton in January because he doesn't play and there's a World Cup, where he wants to play as a first striker. If he's not on the bench today, than that's that, for sure. At least he's a wanted player, unlike Colback.

So, according to SkySports, Mitrovic is off to Anderlecht or Brighton or Southampton in January because he doesn't play and there's a World Cup, where he wants to play as a first striker. If he's not on the bench today, than that's that, for sure. At least he's a wanted player, unlike Colback.

Well he has some talent unlike the ginger death eater.

Current ability in this league I don't think there's much in it between the three, but Mitro's potential is greater which is what should shade it for me.

For me, Gayle is out of the question due to his playing style and lack of physicality. So between Mitrovic and Joselu I'd say both have flaws, but Mitrovic is a better finisher without doubt, he can hold up the ball equally as well and is more confident. Therefore Mitrovic comfortably plays over Joselu for me. And I think if Mitrovic could follow instruction from the manager, Joselu wouldn't get a look in on current form.

Oh, and Mitrovic has proved himself in the Premier League in his first season playing for a dreadful manager with a dreadful team. He scored 9. Joselu looks unlikely to reach 9 at present.

I think if fit and mentally ready Gayle is comfortably the best choice like, I don't think his playing style is an issue. When he's come on this season when we're ahead he's been tasked with defending and has done fine from that point imo, so whatever Josolu is meant to be doing I think Gayle can do just as well.

From what I've seen, Gayle has been anonymous when coming on and doesn't look mentally or physically up for this league and more specifically a Rafa Benitez team in this league. He has literally zero, none of the required attributes to play as Rafa's centre forward in this 4-2-3-1. Love Gayle for his goals in getting us back in this league, but I reckon that's his level unfortunately. Joselu and Mitrovic considerably more effective, and given the formers poor form and general play, that's saying quite a lot.

Gayle has 15 in this league, Mitrovic 10. I'd imagine the famous "goals per minute" ratio is pretty similar. Mitrovic's probably seems worse because we've seen some rancid misses and times where he should be in a better position to score, but this is something that should with games and age. He looked good in pre-season and got two good goals before the suspension. There's nothing to lose. If Joselu and Gayle were clearly better and in form then fair enough but they aren't.

Gayle: 72 PL apps / 15 goals / 1 assist

Mitrovic: 36 PL apps / 10 goals / 4 assists

Mitro all day long for me.

Better/at least as good at scoring goals in this league and a much bigger presence on the pitch. Gayle is a mouse in this league unfortunately - Joselu too. Mitrovic, at least you know he is on there.

Current ability in this league I don't think there's much in it between the three, but Mitro's potential is greater which is what should shade it for me.

For me, Gayle is out of the question due to his playing style and lack of physicality. So between Mitrovic and Joselu I'd say both have flaws, but Mitrovic is a better finisher without doubt, he can hold up the ball equally as well and is more confident. Therefore Mitrovic comfortably plays over Joselu for me. And I think if Mitrovic could follow instruction from the manager, Joselu wouldn't get a look in on current form.

Oh, and Mitrovic has proved himself in the Premier League in his first season playing for a dreadful manager with a dreadful team. He scored 9. Joselu looks unlikely to reach 9 at present.

Talk about damning with faint praise.