Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Not sure what some people are expecting tbh. It's clear we need to sell at the moment, but it can't be Trippier, can't be Wilson, can't be Almiron, can't be Lascelles.

Unless we're going to sell a Botman, Isak or Bruno, it's going to have to be someone like that. We're not getting £50m for Ritchie or Krafth.

With Lascelles, if we extend there is no guarantee we get a fee in the summer or next 

Also, maybe he's keen on experiencing football abroad, he's had a canny stint here and he knows he isn't first choice so wouldn't blame for wanting to go to Turkey

Plus Istanbul is a class city 

10 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

With Lascelles, if we extend there is no guarantee we get a fee in the summer or next 

True, but we’re definitely not getting one for him now. :lol: 

For what it’d cost to extend him and what he brings in terms of leadership and consistent play, I’d rather have him back next season. Even if it means we don’t end up getting a fee in the future.

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

For what it’d cost to extend him and what he brings in terms of leadership and consistent play, I’d rather have him back next season. Even if it means we don’t end up getting a fee in the future.

We get a nominal fee at best but then we get his wages off the books

With an extension you are then stuck with him, even though he's shown he's more than capable I'd rather have a "3rd" choice CB that is closer in ability to the two that starts 

8 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

We should be offering him a new contract rather than getting rid for a nominal fee, especially if no replacement is coming in.

Yes I agree with this. He has done well coming in for Botman and never put a foot wrong.

He gets so much grief but he’s not that bad a player.

4 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Also, maybe he's keen on experiencing football abroad, he's had a canny stint here and he knows he isn't first choice so wouldn't blame for wanting to go to Turkey

Plus Istanbul is a class city 

If I were him, i'd ride the season out. He's one injury away from starting again. See if we can finish in Europe. See if we buy another CB.

Again - if I were him - i'd be delighted with how the season has panned out for himself from a selfish POV. He started the season 4th choice at the back. He's now a trusted 3rd choice and had a long run in the side. Captained the team in the CL several times.

Equally it could be mission accomplished. Played a proper role now since the takeover.

Baffling how many on here are prepared to write off the rest of the season. Still in the FA Cup and a couple of wins away from Europe in the league.

Be mental to let our third choice CB go now for what I would assume is basically nowt. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If I were him, i'd ride the season out. He's one injury away from starting again. See if we can finish in Europe. See if we buy another CB.

Again - if I were him - i'd be delighted with how the season has panned out for himself from a selfish POV. He started the season 4th choice at the back. He's now a trusted 3rd choice and had a long run in the side. Captained the team in the CL several times.

Equally it could be mission accomplished. Played a proper role now since the takeover.

He's also an injury to himself away from being out of contract and without a club in the summer so that's probably a factor in his mind

I guess a lot will depend on the length of contract he is being offered too 

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He's also an injury to himself away from being out of contract and without a club in the summer so that's probably a factor in his mind

I guess a lot will depend on the length of contract he is being offered too 

Aye. He's played well this season mind. Someone will grab him. He would be great in a Dyche team.

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure what some people are expecting tbh. It's clear we need to sell at the moment, but it can't be Trippier, can't be Wilson, can't be Almiron, can't be Lascelles.

Unless we're going to sell a Botman, Isak or Bruno, it's going to have to be someone like that. We're not getting £50m for Ritchie or Krafth.

We're keeping everyone, because some on here regard a £12m offer for Trippier or £20m for Almiron as a "piss take".

It'll be the same fuckers who'll moan if we sign no one before the end of this month because we've got fk all wiggle room with FFP.

6 minutes ago, Beth said:

We're keeping everyone, because some on here regard a £12m offer for Trippier or £20m for Almiron as a "piss take".

It'll be the same fuckers who'll moan if we sign no one before the end of this month because we've got fk all wiggle room with FFP.

No Beth, we aren’t keeping players because some on here view the fees as a piss take ffs. 

NO don’t decide what others get accepted and rejected by the club ffs. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

No Beth, we aren’t keeping players because some on here view the fees as a piss take ffs. 

NO don’t decide what others get accepted and rejected by the club ffs. 

Can you do that second sentence in English please?

3 hours ago, Beth said:

I think you're getting your knickers in too much of a twist over our FFP worries, Beth. It's not that bad. 

9 hours ago, Deuce said:

100% agree, I always thought he'd end up as a coach, I know he's really looked after the Miley lads.

8 hours ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Yes I agree with this. He has done well coming in for Botman and never put a foot wrong.

He gets so much grief but he’s not that bad a player.

As it stands, we have Lascelles, Dummett and Krafth out of contract at the end of the season leaving us with Botman, Schar, Burn who is first choice left back and Murphy who is a young kid who would benefit from a loan to get games.

I expect us to buy another centre back but that still won’t give us the depth we need.

Lascelles is dependable and good enough to be fourth or fifth choice if he is happy with that.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

As it stands, we have Lascelles, Dummett and Krafth out of contract at the end of the season leaving us with Botman, Schar, Burn who is first choice left back and Murphy who is a young kid who would benefit from a loan to get games.

I expect us to buy another centre back but that still won’t give us the depth we need.

Lascelles is dependable and good enough to be fourth or fifth choice if he is happy with that.

I agree, a centre half pool of Botman - Schar - Young Schar - Lascelles seems pretty strong... Burn then becomes a floater between left back and centre half cover.  First choice left back is an issue, torn between Tino on the wrong side or buying a left back but would need to sell Targett for that and not sure who would buy

Tino as first choice left back means little or no rest for him and Trippier but I think Tino needs to be and should be a starter

Edited by Monters

Guest reefatoon

Turkish transfer window is still open for more weeks, so no rush for them.