The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Well done Leicester. Amazing start to the season.

I wouldn't say it's that good, they've beaten Sunderland at home, West Ham away and now Villa at home. It's a canny start, but it's not out of this world. They've still got to play all of the decent sides twice.

They've got the points on the board for when those teams come up and the momentum & confidence to possibly nick the odd unexpected result.

Guest Howaythetoon

They will give anyone a game and that means they can beat teams like Man Utd or Arsenal, in fact even the likes of us can. The league isn't very strong and hasn't been for a few years now, but what we are now seeing is clubs like Swansea, Everton, Southampton and even the likes of Leicester developing into good teams capable of the top 6. That area of the league is far more interesting than the very top and bottom for me. It bodes well for us if we continue to invest and McClaren and co can get a decent team functioning to some kind of form and consistency.

I wouldn't say it's that good, they've beaten Sunderland at home, West Ham away and now Villa at home. It's a canny start, but it's not out of this world. They've still got to play all of the decent sides twice.

If we were second we'd be going mental. Fair play to the Tinkerman I say.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's rubbish to say the league isn't very strong because top teams can lose to good mid-table sides, mind.

Top teams have always lost to good mid-table sides, but more than ever today a team like Leicester can go to Anfield, Old Trafford or  The Emirates and if they happen to win, its not such a huge shock as it once would be because that gap has become smaller. The general all-round standard of the league isn't as strong as it used to be, but its a bit more interesting if you're an Everton, a Southampton, a Leicester etc. because there is a real good chance you can finish top 6 and who knows maybe even in a CL place.

It actually pisses me off because with the right manager and investment, we would push that top four slot hard because Man Utd and Arsenal are nowhere near the levels they used to be at or need to be at and although Chelsea are the Champions, they are a volatile club who will always chop and change. Man Utd will become the same kind of club. If LVG doesn't win the title or CL, he'll get peddled.

Spurs and Liverpool are regressing badly. For me the best sides outside of the top 4 in terms of style, development, player improvement and a decent future is Everton and Swansea. I love the way they both play, I love how they keep buying decent players and how those players keep improving.

I dunno like. If we'd beaten Sunderland at home, yeah, fair play. But "going mental" over a run of games that included drawing at home to Spurs and a regulation home win over Villa, I dunno.

I dunno like. If we'd beaten Sunderland at home, yeah, fair play. But "going mental" over a run of games that included drawing at home to Spurs and a regulation home win over Villa, I dunno.

If you'd been in Leicester's position in March I bet you would though.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not sure, I think the depth in the league is really strong at the moment. The players Stoke have and they're bottom, clubs like Leicester & Palace have the odd player that are top quality. It's a good league imo and I think the football snob plays it down.

I agree, teams across the board seem to have some very interesting and good players, players you wouldn't normally see at the likes of Stoke for example as you mentioned, but I just feel the league itself has become a poor version of what it used to be. I'm not so much talking teams and players but matches. The mackems vs Spurs today was an awful example of a football match and even for large periods the Leicester - Villa game was very poor.

As has been said, for where they were in March, and with the not insignificant amount of chuckling about Ranieri being named manager, I'd say it has definitely been a very good start. 4 points dropped from 5 games for a team expected to be either relegated or right down there, whatever the opposition, is great.

Guest firetotheworks

I've said it the last two years, but I don't think the mid table teams are getting better, rather that the quality at the top has fallen off a cliff. The league sold its two huge star players (Suarez and Bale) and it hasn't looked the same since.