The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Aguero is of that class, Suarez will be suspended for a third of the season, Aguero will be injured for a third of the season. Both are absolute geniuses with the ball, Suarez more tricksy and liable to do the impossible, Aguero is scarily direct and makes it look easy. Arguably Suarez lifted a much poorer team than Aguero has around him but on the other side Aguero isn't a racist cannibal mentalist so it's swings and roundabouts

Guest firetotheworks

Suarez is a cheat, a total cunt and Aguero is absolutely brilliant, but there's not a chance that he's even equal to Suarez, let alone better than him as a footballer.

Suarez probably is a better footballer but I do think people underrate Aguero somewhat, as he doesn't do so many jinky runs etc, he like the very best strikers just always finds the net, given even a half chance, he can create for others, he has everything and is just terrifyingly clinical. His goals to minutes played has always been scary.

Both fantastic players. Very close to call. IN the PL Aguero is much better against the top sides so I might side with him... barely.

I think what's happened is as a whole the best teams in the league aren't up there with the best in Europe. More players at Real & Barca are better than Bale & Suarez than players in the whole PL. The league doesn't have the very best players in the world.

At the same time proper midtable teams Palace, Swansea, West Ham can afford to have a few players that could realistically play a decent role for a lot of the top clubs. It's probably age that has stopped bigger clubs coming in for the likes of Payet & Cabaye. You could put together a very strong 18 of players that finished outside the top 6 last season. Don't think you could do that in the past.

We do it to ourselves really, our own talent gets sold to a big club way too soon and diminishes on a bench, we pay top dollar for mercenaries and none of our teams have an identity or a manager the  real world class players really want to play for cos they're not going to win the champions league. Mourinho I guess has some pull (but think he's been found out in Europe at least now), but Ferguson leaving has diminished Man United significantly too. You could see it in Man U in the window desperately clasping around for Muller or Bale and failing miserably. Their best hope may be players like Martial who one day will be that class (well probably small chance but you accumulate enough one will pay off) and then importantly keeping hold of them in their prime, and using that to attract others.

Man United rarely bought the best in the world themselves in when SAF was around. They would get players with potential or the best the division offered.

They've changed tact a bit getting in the likes of Schweinsteiger & Mata chasing Pedro and the like.

Yeah, but I guess Ferguson would keep them longer than they can now. That and they had Scholes Ferguson always made sure the team had tons of goals in it.