Club Captain 2015/16

bowlingcrofty
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

Stevie Bantz for me. It would be quite amusing watching him sprint up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, whilst tapping his armband. And then his leg would fall off.

Janmaat all the way. He's got confidence, abit of arrogance. Added to that he's our best defender and he's a cracking player. I also think a captain should be in defence, so he can see all the players infront of him. He hates Willo and would have spotted Ben Arfa's lack of tracking back and immediately sorted him out.

Siem > Janmaat > Wijnaldum

sick of this like, is it because he seems like a nice guy?

Think it had more to do with him being Ajax captain, and a strong character.

based on....

Ajax winning the Eredivisie 4 times in a row...

Pretty sure he was captain for 2 years after Vertonghan(?) left and won the title. Depends on what you want / expect from your club captain, like. Not just because he seems a nice guy :lol:

Just can't see how you can say he's captain material based on his performances in our shirt, Janmaat would be the only sensible choice.

If everything was based on things done in our shirt, we would never buy any players. Because they don't wear our shirt for other teams.

Just can't see how you can say he's captain material based on his performances in our shirt, Janmaat would be the only sensible choice.

Other than being captain for a couple years at Ajax with great success, he was also made vice-captain at the club immediately last season so you'd have to think he has some influence there.

If everything was based on things done in our shirt, we would never buy any players. Because they don't wear our shirt for other teams.

All I can say is due to the fact he's never played for us I can't say he'd be a good captain, whereas Janmaat is a proven leader on the pitch.

I'll assume everyone here, except maybe the Dutch contingent, would have him as captain cause he seems dead nice rather than an in depth knowledge of his leadership qualities gleaned from watching him captain Ajax.

Could be wrong mind.

I know a lot was made of his character leading up to signing him. It's a reputation he has.

I'd give it to Janmaat ahead of him too though. Janmaat has gone through it all with us, and still shone bright, and spoke up continuously.

Love that guy.

based on....

Ajax winning the Eredivisie 4 times in a row...

:lol:

And then not winning it the season after he left.