York City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 29/7/15 @ 7.45 pm BST

Nobody

As long as Stifler had a good day out.

He's in York dungeon sweet talking a mannequin as we speak.

Was it Stifler who asked for advice about some lass he liked, and everyone started telling him to go round her house in the middle of the night and sing outside her window?

Sure I remember something like that  :lol:

:lol:

Don't recall that. But I hope to god it's true.

It's an absolute farce but I'm not convinced there's any link between pre-season performances or results and what happens after. Unless you're actually a good settled team, which we obviously aren't.

Could do with being one though.

Never read too much into friendlies but by my reckoning 6 of those players will get into double figures in PL appearances for us next season (plus Abeid who I didn't include). Still desperately need 3 more in who can walk straight into the starting XI but I think Ashley will be thinking this group are good enough for 14-17th place.

It's an absolute farce but I'm not convinced there's any link between pre-season performances or results and what happens after. Unless you're actually a good settled team, which we obviously aren't.

Could do with being one though.

Definitely, but since we've never put out anything near our actual team yet it's hard to assess. FWIW it doesn't really make sense to me either.

Never read too much into friendlies but by my reckoning 6 of those players will get into double figures in PL appearances for us next season (plus Abeid who I didn't include). Still desperately need 3 more in who can walk straight into the starting XI but I think Ashley will be thinking this group are good enough for 14-17th place.

Front 4 will, the rest won't.

Guest Gino14

Mbemba will help things a lot, but he'll need some time to settle.  I don't understand why it's so hard for us to pick up a decent clogger of a centre back, no one special, just a solid defender who does the basics right.  Most other teams have one and they can generally be picked up for 3-4m.

Willo is the epitome of "Clogger" and "Back to basics"

Not really, he's just crap, there's a difference.  He can't pass at all, his tackling is pretty weak and he loses battles for headers with people much much shorter than him.  Someone like Robert Huth would even have improved us and he's not great, but Williamson is just poor at everything.  He certainly isn't someone who does the basics right.  That's before we even get into his decision making and positioning deficiencies.

Clinging on to the hope that McClaren is putting these sides out as a nudge to the board to highlight just how light we are in some areas. Surely he can see that the best CBs we have are woefully inadequate and their back-ups are even worse still? Getting dicked by York City and the fucking Portland timbers, pre-season or not, doesn't bode well for us taking on really good teams who'll simply smash us to pieces unless we invest significantly.

Therein lies the problem, as ever.

We don't need to be told anything tbh :lol: It's the same defense that has been shipping goals the last two seasons, Gladbach won't tell us anything we didn't already know. Tonight didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, we need defenders in and fast but we have known that for months.

We don't need to be told anything tbh :lol: It's the same defense that has been shipping goals the last two seasons, Gladbach won't tell us anything we didn't already know. Tonight didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, we need defenders in and fast but we have known that for months.

True but hoping mbemba can offer something

Lascelles and Gouffran will both play more than 10 games for us next season. McClaren clearly loves Gouffran and Taylor will be injured most of the season so Lascelles will be vying with Williamson to play alongside Coloccini.

Lascelles and Gouffran will both play more than 10 games for us next season. McClaren clearly loves Gouffran and Taylor will be injured most of the season so Lascelles will be vying with Williamson to play alongside Coloccini.

So you are basically saying Mbemba isn't going to happen? not a chance of Lascelles playing more than 10 league games for us next year, Gouffran might i admit but even then that's one player who is absolutely shite playing more than 10 games from tonight.

I trust Aarons, De Jong, Perez and Mitrovic so i don't see a problem with that, the rest won't be near the team apart from Gouffran.

So you are basically saying Mbemba isn't going to happen? not a chance of Lascelles playing more than 10 league games for us next year, Gouffran might i admit but even then that's one player who is absolutely shite playing more than 10 games from tonight.

I trust Aarons, De Jong, Perez and Mitrovic so i don't see a problem with that, the rest won't be near the team apart from Gouffran.

Bit optimistic considering the injury and disciplinary records of Taylor and Coloccini. Of course the other option is Williamson.

So you are basically saying Mbemba isn't going to happen? not a chance of Lascelles playing more than 10 league games for us next year, Gouffran might i admit but even then that's one player who is absolutely s**** playing more than 10 games from tonight.

Bit optimistic considering the injury and disciplinary records of Taylor and Coloccini. Of course the other option is Williamson.

And Dummett fwiw