Swansea City 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

A couple of things:

We've been trying to double up on Montero, the lad is just playing very well at the moment. Swansea's pace and movement is causing us all kind of problems. The whole back line is a car crash, I'm hoping McClaren can get them working as more of a unit over the coming weeks.

For me it's irrelevant if Janmaat's first yellow was soft, the fact he's committed said challange on a yellow card is brainless at best.

Can't fault McClaren for Janmaat being a f***ing idiot imo. Silly second yellow to take!

Janmaat had a few niggly tackles before the sending off, it always looked likely that he was going to walk at some point and McClaren should have seen that.

What's McClaren meant to do, like?

Sub him?

:lol: Righto. Not a manager in the league would've done that.

I know I'm taking the piss.

:lol:

Can't fault McClaren for Janmaat being a f***ing idiot imo. Silly second yellow to take!

Janmaat had a few niggly tackles before the sending off, it always looked likely that he was going to walk at some point and McClaren should have seen that.

Sub him?

Don't think it's unreasonable to try and get to half time. Personally I don't hold managers accountable for individual errors, unless it's a repeat offender like Obertan. You can't blame McClaren for how stupid Janmaat's been there.

Sub him?

:lol: Righto. Not a manager in the league would've done that.

I know I'm taking the p*ss.

:lol:

Soton took Cedric off last week when he was booked and still getting rinsed. Nowt stopping McClaren taking Janmaat off before HT.

Don't think I saw it. It just feels (although I know fans of every club think this) that countless times I've seen an opposition player on a yellow do something like that and be given another chance.

The contact was minimal for his first card.

I think it'll go down as 'persistent fouling'. I had persistent Barry Horne persistently in my ear persistently wanting him booked and sent off, so he'll be happier now. What has he got against us btw? Schteve should have seen it coming as we all did. Little Vurn's going to have his hands full second half if he gets put there.

Set us up better so we're not completely overwhelmed by fucking Swansea City? :lol:

It's the easiest midfield battle they'll win all season.

Aye Mitrovic should have started as well, i know Cisse is a better finisher and scored against Southampton but in this game we really needed someone to hold the ball up.

Mitrovic didn't hold it up well against Southampton

Arsenal and Man Utd our next two matches after this- could be looking like a poor start.

Only 3 first team signings will be brought back into focus, and rightly so, should we end up with 1 point from our first 4 matches.

I'm not going to jump on McLaren's back, but playing Obertan ahead of Perez is very questionable (I don't care about his assist last week).

And done what?

Subbed him, is that difficult to work out?

Aye sub a Dutch international after 30 minutes of a match because you don't trust him to get to half time. Top notch man management that would have been.