West Ham United vs Newcastle United - Monday 14th Sept 8:00pm (Sky Sports 1)

TRC

A must win game for McClaren, even this early on!

nah, it's definitely not .

Dunno like, it's only so long you can go without looking like winning despite playing ok before players confidence is shot and fans turn. No wins in the next 2 games and the gegenpress shuttles up massively.

FYP.

Another defeat won't make things any easier. Think he needs at least a point here.

This.  Need a point here then beating Watford is imperative as it'd still only be a point per game with two losses very likely to follow.  5-6 points from 8 games is fucking shit even though we knew the start would be tricky, it puts the pressure on for the 'winnable' games that Pardew always failed in.

Dunno like, it's only so long you can go without looking like winning despite playing ok before players confidence is shot and fans turn. No wins in the next 2 games and the pressure ramps up massively.

Next two we need a win for sure, but I don't think West Ham is must win.

It would do a lot for our confidence and the fans, to have a resounding win over this lot. It's not as though they have a much better team or are playing superbly, they have been awful at home so we should take advantage and get at them from the off.

My main worry is how we will defend against Carrol if he is fit enough to play, come on. If he does I would really like taylor to be in the team so that there is some sort of aerial competition for him. I would even sub Janmaat for mbemba on the right as he is as good a defender but adds more prescence in the air.

Now that Mitr's suspended I thin SMc should take a chance on the SDJ and Ayoze combination and move Wiji back into the holding two. I'm not that bothered between who he drops from jack and anita as they are both similar. I can't see wijnaldum letting us down in the centre, in fact I think his distribution and his forcefull running will make us even more dangerous.

Mbemba----Tayls-----Colo------Haidara

-------------Wijnld---Colback-------------

Sissoko---------Djong------------Thauvin

---------------------Ayoze--------------------

This is Definately a must not lose game. Nothing from this and then Watford and McLaren will be more than likely looking at just 1 point more than Di Canios horrific start. You just can't play catch up when you are adrift that much. It's imperative we take at least 4 points from next 2

Saying that to win games we need to threaten the goal.....something we haven't done in the last 2 games

This is Definately a must not lose game. Nothing from this and then Watford and McLaren will be more than likely looking at just 1 point more than Di Canios horrific start. You just can't play catch up when you are adrift that much. It's imperative we take at least 4 points from next 2

Saying that to win games we need to threaten the goal.....something we haven't done in the last 2 games

What I'd like to see is more players in the box when we have the ball in the final third. We did that in abundance against Southampton, but haven't seen it since. That was probably due to mitigating circumstances, so maybe the aim for this match is keeping 11 on the pitch for as long as possible. Small victories anarl.

What I'd like to see is more players in the box when we have the ball in the final third. We did that in abundance against Southampton, but haven't seen it since. That was probably due to mitigating circumstances, so maybe the aim for this match is keeping 11 on the pitch for as long as possible. Small victories anarl.

We need to retain the ball in forward areas in order to allow people to get up and join the attacks. Perez is our best bet of doing that imo, play him as a false 9 or something with Sissoko, Thauvin and Wijnaldum all looking to get beyond him.

The ball will not stick with Cisse and we can not afford that away from home.

It would do a lot for our confidence and the fans, to have a resounding win over this lot. It's not as though they have a much better team or are playing superbly, they have been awful at home so we should take advantage and get at them from the off.

My main worry is how we will defend against Carrol if he is fit enough to play, come on. If he does I would really like taylor to be in the team so that there is some sort of aerial competition for him. I would even sub Janmaat for mbemba on the right as he is as good a defender but adds more prescence in the air.

Now that Mitr's suspended I thin SMc should take a chance on the SDJ and Ayoze combination and move Wiji back into the holding two. I'm not that bothered between who he drops from jack and anita as they are both similar. I can't see wijnaldum letting us down in the centre, in fact I think his distribution and his forcefull running will make us even more dangerous.

Mbemba----Tayls-----Colo------Haidara

-------------Wijnld---Colback-------------

Sissoko---------Djong------------Thauvin

---------------------Ayoze--------------------

:tickedoff:

E

What I want -

Back 5 picks itself

-----Sissoko-Wij-----

Perez-DeJong-Thauvin

--------Cisse-------

What we'll get

-----Anita-Colback-----

Sissoko-DeJong-Thauvin

------Cisse/Perez------

Wijnaldum not starting?! Not a chance!

What I want -

Back 5 picks itself

-----Sissoko-Wij-----

Perez-DeJong-Thauvin

--------Cisse-------

What we'll get

-----Anita-Colback-----

Sissoko-DeJong-Thauvin

------Cisse/Perez------

Wijnaldum not starting?! Not a chance!

He's talked up DeJong a lot, wonder who'd make way then, Sissoko/Thauvin?