Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I voted no.  But it's a tough one.  What is the point of surviving, if it's just going to be another relegation scrap next year?

Premier League football is all well and good.  But if you've got an owner that has complete disdain for cup competitions.  An owner who appoints shithouse managers, straight from the scrapheap and then 'backs' them, with one of the worst transfer policies going.  An owner who doesn't give a shit about trying to actually compete in the league, merely do the bare minimum to stay in it.  Then as a fan, what is the point?  We have to be happy with just stopping up every year?  How incredibly pathetic and small time. 

I was absolutely devastated when we went down.  Even shed a few tears the next day, although the two day hangover may have had something to do with it.  This time, I'm not sure I'd even be arsed.  It would totally serve Ashley right and it may even slightly increase the chance of him fucking off.

Isn't this cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Depends on your personal reason for investing in the fortunes of the club.

If it's a daily/weekly distraction from real life and an excuse to have a pint at the weekend, yes. If it's a bit more than that, an institution for which you feel pride and respect, representing the hopes and dreams of a region that needs them, then no.

If it's a daily/weekly distraction from real life and an excuse to have a pint at the weekend, yes. If it's a bit more than that, an institution for which you feel pride and respect, representing the hopes and dreams of a region that needs them, then no.

:lol:

What's funny?

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd piss myself laughing if we went down after spending all this money which should have been spent from the get go and on a continuous basis, i.e. proper investment regularly instead of when time has demanded it, i.e. threat of relegation. All them cunts at the wonga dome hailing their hero Ashley for splashing the cash... yehaaa! Look at the dugout, look at the league table. :lol:

What's funny?

The insinuation that those not wanting Newcastle United relegated see the club only as a distraction on a weekend. Couldn't be more out of touch with reality.

Aye, relegation didn't change anything last time and it wouldn't this time. Ashley would just keep the wages higher than the rest of the championship to get straight back up and then continue. He's got this club where he wants it and relegation won't change that

Guest palnese

10 yes

47 no

Fickle much? :lol:

A few signings and everything is okay again. No wonder Ashley can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's still a yes from me, a massive yes that I'd celebrate by twirling a wonga top. It is still the least this mess of a so-called club deserves, the owner, MD, half the players and tens of thousands of fans. Ultimately we are taking up the place of a club who would relish to be in the league, who would love to go to Anfield and places like that and do more than stay up. A club whose players would fight tooth and nail to be part of it, to improve, to make history etc. We stink the place out along with the mackems and Villa who I hope go down with us.

I think a reason many will have changed their mind is last year we were still scarred by Pardew, and then they'd appointed Carver for the rest of the season, so everyone was pretty fucked off.

In my opinion we have shown signs of improvement in our style of play (if not the league table), and have more of likeable set of players.

Whilst it would undoubtedly be satisfying to see the wankers that run the club squirm at reaping exactly what they've sown, I have to admit to being a bit more convinced by our recent transfer business. It does actually look like they're trying to be better. Obviously I don't doubt a lot of that is because we're in the relegation zone but going after Berahino at £20m+ is as promising a thing we've done in fucking years, even if we didn't get him.

So I'd want us to stay up to see what happens next season. #fickle

Guest Howaythetoon

Whilst it would undoubtedly be satisfying to see the w*****s that run the club squirm at reaping exactly what they've sown, I have to admit to being a bit more convinced by our recent transfer business. It does actually look like they're trying to be better. Obviously I don't doubt a lot of that is because we're in the relegation zone but going after Berahino at £20m+ is as promising a thing we've done in f***ing years, even if we didn't get him.

So I'd want us to stay up to see what happens next season. #fickle

Going after him and offering 21m or 24m is staggering for us, but we could have got him by blowing things out the water with a 28-30m offer. Had we done that, which we easily could have, with all my hatred and all my cynicism I would have been forced to rethink some of my thinking. As such, we are paying more and bidding more, but we are getting more and the consequences of relegation are almost fatal these days. They haven't changed, just the amount of money or stakes involved has. If they truly had changed, they would have done an FS with Owen and blew things out the water or when we did when we bought Shearer.

Nope. Want us to go down. I have lost so much love for Newcastle United over the past couple of years, it is absolutely heartbreaking. I simply cannot support this club fully anymore and my only sense of enjoyment will be us going down to financially spite Ashley. I cant believe it has come to this, but it shows just what a perilous situation the club is in.

Personally, I think these signings were too little too late. We deserve to go down. We are an absolute shithouse of a club. Our match-going fans are probably the 3rd worst element of the club; behind Ashley and the SD logos around SJP.

I am so bitter. Die, Ashley.